Combined Arms

SchniX

It would be nice, especially on EDGE terrain.

I think Bezcl was wanting to add CA support for the ground vehicles he is adding with his Mig-21 and I think he even showed off FPS view screens of it.

If DCS WW2 "plays nice" with DCS modules by default then the CA "RTS" view should work without much or any input from RRG. The"FPS" view requires some customization for the different gun views. Aside from that the vehicle still follows the same rules that govern weapon usage, engine power, and stuff like that.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Отличный мод! Great mod! :thumbup:

Спасибо. Thanks.

П.с. Отнесу это видео в русскую тему Combined arms :)

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Hey Beczl, why don't you make a Kickstarter too for your module.

CA for WW2 Era.

And make a plan of how much money you would expect for the module... say... 50 000 euros for a base module.

Make some stretch goals also ... if we rich 100 000 more units or... cockpits for some of them. And make it continous... so if by the time new stretches are reached... you build and release more units.

And make the module Free. This way... you waste zero money on DRM. You get your money upfront when kickstarter ends.

And if people don't contribute... oh well... no module right?

Yes... some would get it for free... so what... some get modules at bargain prices when they are on sale... no biggie.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

All of my ground unit already CA capable and use accurate ammo...engine data, sound etc... So basically I'm sure it'll be possible with DCS WWII: Europe 1944 units as well.

That's amazing. When will we see them available?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

releasing models instead of modules is kinda hard to do without doing it for free (which I don't think Beczl should have to do...even though his BS1 upgrades were awesome).....it only takes one person to make a torrent and Beczl doesn't get paid for such wonderful stuff....the models are alot harder to copyright protect then an official module (some items are to be linked with his MiG21 release for this reason i would guess)...then what of the ppl that don't have the upgrade...do they not see the new objects...or do they see them for free and just not get to control them.....lots of questions on how to release a working model or texture upgrade for money.....not many answers....the addition of new object that aren't currently in the game are the tricky ones, and how does it effect ppl without the addon???

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

releasing models instead of modules is kinda hard to do without doing it for free (which I don't think Beczl should have to do...even though his BS1 upgrades were awesome).....it only takes one person to make a torrent and Beczl doesn't get paid for such wonderful stuff....

Good point. So how do we get the man paid? Is it already in the works? Does this somehow conflict with the work being done for 1944? Is there a collaboration in place?

It seems like a no-brainer to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I think Beczl is the one to answer this...He has posted lots of images of model upgrades that he is working on...I'm just waiting for the chance to get them in my game also...

p.s. He may have already touched on this subject in the MiG forum

Back on the O.P. topic......I think CA in the WWII setting is a must.....I need a flak gun...matter of fact....I need a battery of flak guns.....and a tiger tank....now you know what to get me for chirstmas..

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

releasing models instead of modules is kinda hard to do without doing it for free (which I don't think Beczl should have to do...even though his BS1 upgrades were awesome).....it only takes one person to make a torrent and Beczl doesn't get paid for such wonderful stuff....the models are alot harder to copyright protect then an official module (some items are to be linked with his MiG21 release for this reason i would guess)...then what of the ppl that don't have the upgrade...do they not see the new objects...or do they see them for free and just not get to control them.....lots of questions on how to release a working model or texture upgrade for money.....not many answers....the addition of new object that aren't currently in the game are the tricky ones, and how does it effect ppl without the addon???

Yeah. Point taken. That is the reason why I not released yet. You know these mod package worth maximum 5-10$ from player point of view, but the DRM and other cost much higher, so I dont able to publish yet. Also same case with MiG-21. I'll add my previous modern era extra ground units for this package just for fun. :-)

Good point. So how do we get the man paid? Is it already in the works? Does this somehow conflict with the work being done for 1944? Is there a collaboration in place?

It seems like a no-brainer to me.

All of themods that you can see in my webpage already working ~10months before RRG announced their WWII content... Also many other units planned that paused now due RRG WWII content...

Edited by beczl

Yeah. Point taken. That is the reason why I not released yet. You know these mod package worth maximum 5-10$ from player point of view, but the DRM and other cost much higher, so I dont able to publish yes. Also same case with MiG-21. I'll add my previous modern era extra ground units for this package just for fun. :-)

May I suggest looking into a Steam release? I believe greenlight access is relatively cheap.

And, in any case, some companies have released DRM free software without issues: If you make it easy enough for someone to pay $5 (via Steam or ED store, for example), very few people will bother pirating it.