New A10C user, some questions...

Skithis

I have been using microsofts flight simulator for 10 plus years now and am finally getting a little burnt out. Picked up a10c and, wow, what a piece of software. Anyways, I'm having a couple issues which I haven't figured out how to resolve yet.

I'm flying with a set of CH products rudder pedals. The issue im having is that the brake inputs seem to be in reverse. The pedal fully pressed is no brakes and the pedal released is full brakes. Its tough to taxi! How do I reverse this?

I've been through the startup tutorial 10 times now trying to figure out why my tad page will not load the map from the DTS. I've watched countless youtube videos, read tutorials, and tried the mission tutorials, but no map on my tad! I've even followed the checklist supplied in the manual. Any tips?

Hi Skithis,

you need to reverse the brakes of your pedals in the options menu.

Got to the input menu click on the entry for the brakes and then click on the button axis tune (or something like that) and switch them to reverse.

If this fails you may have to set them to 'slider' in the same menu.

For the TAD: did you switch the scale level of the TAD?

By default it's minumum scale level - at this scale level there is no visible map. Only green lines ;).

Check the options menu wich is the key command for that. Iuse the TM Warthog where it is mapped by default to the right button.

Oh, and welcome to your new adiction ;)

I suggest you also set a 50% deadzone on the brake axes. My CH pedal brakes are very sensitive, and for some reason the "raw" signal starts at 50%.

It made the aircraft very hard to taxi until I set the deadzone (actually at 51% so it ignores the accidental presses entirely)