IFFCC TEST position and ANTI-COLLISION problems ...

CTBlankenship

I've been going through the Cold and Dark startup procedure and I have two problem areas.

1. When I set the IFFCC switch to TEST the BIT test does not start. The HUD simply remains blank. I have to put it in the ON position and the HUD comes up normally.

2. The ANTI-COLLISION switch will not stay ON ... it always resets to the OFF position. This happens even when the aircraft is in the cold and dark condition (no battery power ... aircraft completely dead).

Do you think it is time for a re-install of the A-10/C?

Thanks,

C. T. "Chaos" Blankenship

Intel I7-4770K @ 4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, EGVA GTX 1070 SC, Three ASUS PA248 24" monitors, 500 GB SSD, Saitek X-56 Throttle and Stick, TrackIR

2. The ANTI-COLLISION switch will not stay ON ... it always resets to the OFF position. This happens even when the aircraft is in the cold and dark condition (no battery power ... aircraft completely dead).

For that problem, the issue is you have to move the throttle pinky switch to the aft position first, and before that you need to have your inverter on (either on ext pwr or from a generator, APU or eng doesn't matter).

About the IFFCC thing, IDK I always skip the BIT LOL.

BUT IIRC when you are in the "middle" position you have to press the "ENT" key on your UFC to engage the BIT, otherwise it just sits there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response ... seeing as how I don't have a joystick with a pinky switch (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) is there a name for it in the CONTROL OPTIONS dialog to which I can map the functionality to a keyboard key?

Intel I7-4770K @ 4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, EGVA GTX 1070 SC, Three ASUS PA248 24" monitors, 500 GB SSD, Saitek X-56 Throttle and Stick, TrackIR

Thanks for the quick response ... seeing as how I don't have a joystick with a pinky switch (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) is there a name for it in the CONTROL OPTIONS dialog to which I can map the functionality to a keyboard key?
It should be listed under the throttle binds of the HOTAS.

Anti collision requires AC power provided by the APU generator or engine generators. The pinky switch in the aft position just sets exterior lighting as indicated on the lighting panel.

As far as the IFFCC, make sure you position yourself to look higher on the HUD to ensure that you are not just out of view of seeing the bit prompt. You can always hit ENT on the UFC in the test position to see if it advances the bit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Never mind ... I found it in the CONTROL OPTIONS in the HOTAS Category named appropriately HOTAS Pinky Switch ... go figure.

That fixed the problem ...

Thanks again for your help,

C. T.

Edited by CTBlankenship