Keyhole vs IP ?

colyoap

Could someone explain to me the difference between the traditional preset IP method versus Keyhole method as it pertains to the JTAC/FAC's control of CAS?

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Keyhole is a way of make none preset IP on the fly i.e. hasty IP's. The JATC will give you an anchor point called Point Echo. The you can be given a a cardinal direction Alpha (north), Bravo (east), Charlie (south), Delta (west), Echo (center) plus a distance from Point Echo. Distances from Point Echo are "no closer than".

e.g. Point Echo is N67 32.034 E022 34.345, elevation 134 feet. Setup at Bravo 7. This mean that your IP is east of Point Echo "no closer than" 7nm.

If you IP was Echo 7 then you should cicle Point Echo "no closer than" 7 nm.

You can also be given a bearing instead of a cardinal point, e.g. Setup IP 325 for 7nm which means 325º seen from Point Echo at a distance of no closer than 7nm.

Hope this explained your question.

Cheers

Hans

Keyhole.bmp

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the explanation!

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

• 3 years later...