Now Have A Sale

Lanzfeld113

Give it time , they come several times a year, so it wont be all that long till the next one hits

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Yeah, I have noticed a bit better frames, but nothing drastically improved for me. I'm still sucking down 45fps, or a tich less.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Harlikwin, I'm still on a Rift CV1 (yes really), but just pre-ordered the HP Reverb G2. I rationalize this by telling myself that the jump in resolution (which is the same as the Reverb) will make a massive difference, e.g. actually being able to read gauges and identify other aircraft at a reasonable distance.

True statements in your experience? Giant leap for VR quality, or small step?

Harlikwin, I'm still on a Rift CV1 (yes really), but just pre-ordered the HP Reverb G2. I rationalize this by telling myself that the jump in resolution (which is the same as the Reverb) will make a massive difference, e.g. actually being able to read gauges and identify other aircraft at a reasonable distance.

True statements in your experience? Giant leap for VR quality, or small step?

I went from an original vive to a reverb and suddenly DCS was a new experience for me. Some modules that were previously unusable (dependence on hud and mfds) suddenly became understandable and enjoyable to fly. Scenery looked so much better. This was the same time stable went to 256 and the shark and warthog got new pits

The upgrade was very much worth it. I imagine it will be the same from rift, although i stopped considering rift once they got bought by Facebook, so i cant say for certain wHt your improvement will be

What i caution people about the g2 is that the g1 had a lot of teething troubles at the beginning, and i would assume the g2 will as well. The reverb g1.2 may be a safer purchase for the time being, especially with no major "wow" factor between current reverb and the published specs of the g2

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I have a reverb (and I ordered reverb G2 as well) And I can tell you the gauges are crystal clear at 170%. But you’re gonna need the horsepower for smooth frame rate

NVIDIA is thoughtfully putting the RTX 3080 on the street sometime around when the G2 begins to deliver, thus ensuring that flight simming continues to be the sucking black hole that swallows my personal finances for some time to come. I imagine a day 20 years from now when I sit down and add it all up and realize I could have bought a plane for cheaper...

:rolleyes:

We've just had give or take a month of sales and free trials for near enough every module. The sales were particularly large as well (50% off).

You had plenty of time to purchase modules heavily discounted and even the opportunity to try them out free of charge. If you didn't purchase because of performance concerns that's understandable but it is also completely on you.

Now you're demanding another one? Sheeesh...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Okay try to keep up.

The whole reason I said “NOW have a sale” is because they just had this great patch released which fixed many of the issues (at least in VR... Which is the reason many of us we’re not purchasing any more modules) . So the point is now that the game can be enjoyed at a higher level it would be wonderful to have a sale.

So you have bought a 2080 and a Reverb, but dont want to pay a module at full price?

Okay try to keep up.

The whole reason I said “NOW have a sale” is because they just had this great patch released which fixed many of the issues (at least in VR... Which is the reason many of us we’re not purchasing any more modules) . So the point is now that the game can be enjoyed at a higher level it would be wonderful to have a sale.

You are essentially arguing the game is worth more now than when it was on sale.

I suppose this leaves you with an expected value problem.

Is the marginal utility gained by playing until the next sale worth more than the cost savings of waiting?

I think your decision may already be made, but these are tough choices given the uncertainty and information asymmetry involved. How long until the next sale? What will the cost be then? Is there a real risk it will never go on sale again? Will my life even last until the next sale? Will my computer die and force my to buy a new 2080TI before the next sale or will DCS have another patch that requires a 3090TI to just achieve 30 FPS be issued and then a new sale will start?

:mad: or :pilotfly:????

Unfortunately, I don’t think any amount of pedantic demands will help change any of the variables informing your purchases, but for better or worse you can always count on time.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

The customary 'when will there ever be a sale' thread literally in the week after a sale.

Oh no, we're going further, it's not asking when the next sale is coming, which while annoying is fairly harmless.

In this case we've got someone straight up demanding a sale after one of the longest and most discounted sales we've ever had in recent years, with a free trial of much of everything to boot.

The OP could've bought the modules during that sale, and there was ample opportunity to do so, then the OP could've just waited until the recent patch to use them. Think of it almost like a preorder.

OP the next round of sales will probably be the autumn or failing that the winter/christmas sales.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

So you have bought a 2080 and a Reverb, but dont want to pay a module at full price?

Two Reverbs rainbowdashwink.png

Probably spent all the monies on the hardware and now can't afford the modules anymore rdlaugh.png

In my case, it's the other way round... might be worse icon_redface.gif

The customary 'when will there ever be a sale' thread literally in the week after a sale.

The fun thing is the sale was supposed to be still going on ATM as per the newsletter that announced it... dealwithit.png

That's how I understood it and felt a little sorry for you that it just was over...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Are we all just supposed to ignore the fact this guy is a Brony? Is this place how I got Brony spammed? Is this forum like a Rest Stop or Pizza shop or a place for FLIGHT SIMMERS?

get.gif

There's room in the virtual skies for all of us. I don't care if he wears a saddle and "neighs" around his house, Eldur has been as much a community asset as the rest of us, and even more than some of the prolific-complainers and tantrum throwers

Edited by ngreenaway

System:

Are we all just supposed to ignore the fact this guy is a Brony? Is this place how I got Brony spammed? Is this forum like a Rest Stop or Pizza shop or a place for FLIGHT SIMMERS?

Bronies are far better than some people who try to say who have a right to be here. We all are fligt simmers here, bronies, trekkies etc.

Specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, Quest 2, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

• ED Team

I've been ignoring the fact he is a Brony for many years, you can too.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png