Viper Manual Error reporting

NineLine

Where is the manual please. I am missing something here.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4052237&postcount=14

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Page 100: Line 3, "SST" instead of "STT".

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

DLZ

Hi,

Thank you so much for putting out the EA manual, I'll preface this by saying: I know it's a EA manual and is a living document (i.e. subject to change). I noticed on page 143 that the DLZ illustration (the actual DLZ not the text) is upside down.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

In the cold start procedures, does the Eng Feed dial in the FUEL panel (left console) start in the "Norm" position, or "Off" in a ramp start? If the latter, we need to add a step for turning the fuel pump on prior to JFS Start 2, or we'll probably get a hung start on the engine, right?

Sorry, I know this stuff is in-progress, but it stuck out as a "huh?" moment for me.

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the cold start procedures, does the Eng Feed dial in the FUEL panel (left console) start in the "Norm" position, or "Off" in a ramp start? If the latter, we need to add a step for turning the fuel pump on prior to JFS Start 2, or we'll probably get a hung start on the engine, right?

Sorry, I know this stuff is in-progress, but it stuck out as a "huh?" moment for me.

Fun fact about the Viper, the engine will siphon the fuel. The fuel boost pumps were added after original production. You could turn them off in flight, and the jet will still function like normal, except AB would cause a flameout, and so would inverted or negative G flight.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Fun fact about the Viper, the engine will siphon the fuel. The fuel boost pumps were added after original production. You could turn them off in flight, and the jet will still function like normal, except AB would cause a flameout, and so would inverted or negative G flight.

TIL. Thanks Panther.

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Page 20, AOA Indexer, "you're angle of attack is below 11-degrees and you are..." should be your.

Page 22, Master Arm Switch, 1 "mode" too much at the end, "release/launch, mode except for an emergency jettison"

Takeoff and Landing Configuration Warning Lights, "decent rate" instead of descent rate

Page 23, Vertical Velocity Indicator, again "decent" instead of descent

Page 25, "ANTI-SKID switch, "You can turn it off course too." Saying "You can turn it off as well" would probably sound better, otherwise it should be "turn it off of course"

Thanks a lot for providing the guide early and special thanks to bunyap for making it!

The excitement builds! Just a couple small typos in the first few pages:

Page 21: Autopilot Pitch and Roll switches: "The roll switch includes the HDG SEL setting

to have the aircraft turn to a and maintain the heading select bug on the HSI"

Page 22: FCS and DBU Warning lights, "Angel of attack"

Page 22: ADI, "needle width equates to 1 to 1.2 a degree per second" should be "1 to 1.2 degrees per second"

Page 26: Speed brake indicator "and when it has not power" -> "no power"

Page 33: Audio 2 Control panel "Just below the audio 1 control panel in the control panel for audio 2, and this includes..." I think you mean "is the control panel for audio 2"

Page 35: Anti-Ice switch, "will automatically turn one if ice is detected" -> "turn on"

Edited by Nightwolf

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Page 21: Master Caution Light: "it does not illuminate with caution lights", is incorrect. In the F-16, any caution light will illuminate the Master Caution Light.

AMD 5800X, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra, 64GB G. Skill Ripjaws@3200, CoolerMaster ML360 AIO, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, Samsung 960 Evo 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, WD 2TB Black HDD, Asus GTX 1080FE, CoolerMaster C700M Case, Logitech G815 Kb, Logitech G903 Mouse, G13 Gamepad, Z906 500w 5.1 surround speakers, Track IR /w Trackclip pro, TM Cougar MFDS, Warthog Stick on Virpil Warbird Base/Throttle, MFG Crosswinds, 3 x AOC 27" curved 1440p monitors @ 7680 x 1440 resolution, HP Reverb G2

Page 8: Install instructions refer to the Hornet in the second paragraph.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Page 21: Master Caution Light: "it does not illuminate with caution lights", is incorrect. In the F-16, any caution light will illuminate the Master Caution Light.

To mirror what Y-Man said:

Master Caution Light. The master caution light will illuminate anytime a warning CAUTION light is lit to indicate malfunction or specific condition has occurred, it does not illuminate with caution WARNING lights. It can be reset by pressing on the light button.

Correct wording is with the BOLD words after the words underlined (underlined words are not correct).

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To mirror what Y-Man said:

Master Caution Light. The master caution light will illuminate anytime a warning CAUTION light is lit to indicate malfunction or specific condition has occurred, it does not illuminate with caution WARNING lights. It can be reset by pressing on the light button.

Correct wording is with the BOLD words after the words underlined (underlined words are not correct).

Come on, you were an airman too! You know the proper phrase is "to piggyback on what he just said...."

:megalol:

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Come on, you were an airman too! You know the proper phrase is "to piggyback on what he just said...."

:megalol:

I had to hold back

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;)

Page 24: Interior wing indicates the interior left and right external fuel tanks.

Should be internal.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

It’s been a long time since I sat in the Link Simulator AND it was a block 25 so this might need verification.

On page 43 “Master Mode”, I believe a second press of the same mode button will take you to NAV mode, not to the previous mode.

On page 58, first paragraph last word HIS should be HSI.

Edited by Animal451

ASUS Strix Z370-E, i7 8700k @ 5 GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i, WD 1TB SSD

Page 22:

The engine light illuminates if a fire is detected in the engine bay.

I assume this should be "ENG FIRE light" instead of engine light, which is already described in the sentence before.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Page 22

Engine Nozzle Position Indicator

GE engine do not use "convergent" nozzle section. It uses Primary (flaps and seals) and Divergent (flaps and seals).

Page 24

The external fuel transfer switches allow you transfer fuel first to the centerline tank and then wing

tanks in the norm position, or to the wing tanks and then the center tank in the wing first position

EXT FUEL TRANS Switch in norm allows external centerline tank to empty first, Wing position allows the external wing tanks to empty first.

Page 25

The landing and taxi light switch allow you to set this light for landing or taxi off operations.

Not sure what taxi off operation mean.

Page 30

Manual or automatic control of the leading-edge flaps is controlled by the LE Flaps switch. This allows

the leading-edge flaps to be controlled based on the schedule or locked in place. The manual setting

might be used if one lead edge flap gets stuck and you need to have both leading-edge flaps at the

same setting.

There is no "manual" mode on the LE Flap switch. Lock or Auto. On lock mode, it manually lock the LE flap at the current position. Maybe the wording is causing confusion.

Next to it is the Tank Inerting switch that can pump non-volatile, nitrogen gas into the fuel tanks to

reduce internal pressure and reduce risk for fire during an emergency… like battle damage.

System uses Halon 1301 during combat, not nitrogen.

Page 31

The AIR light illuminates when the EPU is engaged and running on Air and not Hydrazine and the

HYDRAZINE light is lit when hydrazine is used to power to the turbine.

By "Air" it mean 13th stage bled air from the engine right side.

Page 32

Below that is the AB Reset switch, and detailed engine parameters can recorded.

AB reset is not use in GE engines.

Page 35

Engine Anti Ice Switch

The anti-ice system prevents ice buildup on probes and the engine. It is activated by placing the switch in the

ON position or it can be set to AUTO and will automatically turn one if ice is detected. Off disables the system.

With the switch on, inlet strut heat and engine anti ice system is on. In auto, when inlet ice detector probe detects ice, the systems turn on the inlet strut heater and engine anti ice. All aircraft probes ( pitot, Air data, Total temp and AOA) are a different system and are on regardless of switch position while in the air.

Page 37

Stick picture, the trigger box shows "camera/gun" First detent is laser firing assuming all laser firing conditions have been met (if TGP in loaded, on and laser is arm)

Page 40

five-segment afterburner

PW terminology not use on GE engines.

page 67

Step 6

The JFS RUN light illuminates within 30 seconds indicating

the Jet Fuel Starter is operational. Engine rpm should start

to increase.

JFS light should illuminate within 30 seconds if JFS stars properly.

The toe brakes become functional at this point.

Brakes and parking brake are available as soon as battery power in on, provided JFS/Brake accumulator have pressure.

Step 7

page 68

Step 8,9 and 10

JFS switch to off at 54%

STBY GEN light out at 58%

Engine light out at 60%

Main gen 5 to 10 sec after STBY Gen

Oil pressure shal be indicating by the time engine reaches idle (62 to 80% RPM)

A and B should be indicating pressure

Hyd/oil press light goes out.

Page 85

The trim switch on the stick is used to move the control stick to a new "neutral "position. For example: if the

nose wants to raise, you can input some nose down trim that will move the stick forward to a new neutral

position. This relieves you from maintaining continuous pressure on the stick to maintain level flight when out of

trim

This could lead to confusion, people may think it will actually move the stick.

Page 186

RWR and JMR Source Switch. These do not control power to the RWR or ECM (Jammer) but rather enable

their data to be used by the CMDS for dispensing in the SEMI or AUTO modes.

JMR switch should not be functional. Only the ECM panel and CMS HOTAS switch interact with the jammer.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Page 24:

• Interior wing indicates the interior left and right external fuel tanks.

Should indicate internal wing tanks I pressume.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Page 25 syntax errors:

You can turn it off course too.

The landing and taxi light switch allow you to set this light for landing or taxi off operations.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi,

I detected the following bugs:

Page 67, section 6. Says: "Power is applied to the Flight Control System relays when the JFS Switch is set to either position", should say "to either START position"

Page 70, section 15: Says: "b. STA SEL switch – ST SEL", should say "b. ST STA switch - ST STA"

Says: "e. GPS Switch – On", should say "e. GPS Switch – GPS"

Says: "f. DL Switch – On", should say "f. DL Switch – DL"

Page 72, section 24: Says: "e. NOZ POS - 5 percent or less", the manual of the real plane says 10 percent.

Page 73, section 26: Says: "e. EXT WING - Each external wing tank indicates approximately 3750/3925 pounds for full tanks.", should say "approximately 2300/2420 pounds (370 gallon fuel tank) or 3750/3925 pounds (600 gallon tank) for full tanks"

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB