Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Not sure how the optimization of the terrain engine in meant. Will we see the improvements for one map at a time or is this more a core optimization which applies to all maps?

Terrain engine will cover everything.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Wow. Just after I received my RTX 2080ti. Mind send it back now.

I wouldn't.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hey everyone,

Earlier we mentioned that we have been working on DCS VR optimization. I have good news today! After much investigation and work, we traced the issue back to the terrain engine. We have since adjusted the terrain engine, and this has resulted in a 50% increase in VR performance! We will continue to test and optimize this further, but we hope to have this great improvement to you soon.

Thanks

For long I have been very disappointed by ED..... but it has to be said: for quite a few months they have done simply outstanding progress in every direction - toward stability, performances, bug fixing, user support... I am not asking for perfection but it is day and light compared to a couple of years ago. Thank you for giving me DCS passion again! And my potato R390 is absolutely doing well in VR, compared to many other games.

:cheer3nc: :thumbup::clap:

Edited by Darkwolf

Hey everyone,

Earlier we mentioned that we have been working on DCS VR optimization. I have good news today! After much investigation and work, we traced the issue back to the terrain engine. We have since adjusted the terrain engine, and this has resulted in a 50% increase in VR performance! We will continue to test and optimize this further, but we hope to have this great improvement to you soon.

Thanks

giphy.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hey everyone,

Thanks

Is "soon" a month or 2 or next year sometime?

Can't wait. Good news!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolutely outstanding news if it pans out to be true! Would be very interested to hear more (even just a little more) about the issue

Hey everyone,

Thanks

PC spec: i9 9900KS @ 5.1ghz, 32GB RAM, 2 TB NVME M2, RTX 3090

Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Rift S, Custom UFC

Thank’s Wags

I Flying With Oculus CV1/Pimax 5K+ and I’m very happy with this good news :)because with my GTX 1080Ti and « Pixel density »at 1.6 and Steam VR at 100% with my Pimax + Pitool at 2.0 I have more Freeze :helpsmilie:and when I choose « Pixel density »at 1.5 It’s good ?:thumbup:

Thank’s for all !

Aplushhhsss

Best news since i've been in DCS !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thank’s Wags

I Flying With Oculus CV1/Pimax 5K+ and I’m very happy with this good news :)because with my GTX 1080Ti and « Pixel density »at 1.6 and Steam VR at 100% with my Pimax + Pitool at 2.0 I have more Freeze :helpsmilie:and when I choose « Pixel density »at 1.5 It’s good ?:thumbup:

Thank’s for all !

Aplushhhsss

Not really the thread for Pimax discussion, but you’re running PD at 1.6 and PiTools at 2.0? Jesus Christ. You’re lucky to even get 5FPS with those settings, using a NASA computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

First the news of the detailed Nimitz class aircraft carrier and now this VR news that will make a whopping 50% improvement. Outstanding

So much to look forward to.

Thanks to Wags and ED team.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hey everyone,

Thanks

Ok now that you said I want the rest of 50% :D

Seriously I hope that 50% is referred to as the average of the performances and not the max

Yes 50% !!!

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR