FC4 feature requests

You select next and previous airfields with the touch of a button.

There's nothing top stop E.D. having FC3 / FC4 aircraft change the airfield WP to whichever one you select from the coms menu and report inbound.

DCS quite clearly wants to put more time into Flaming Cliffs, in the main, because it's a widely requested module that fills a very popular niche and has consistently sold well

Fixed that for you. :)

Cheers.

Flaming Cliffs is like a gateway drug that can lead you into harder drugs like the high fidelity aircraft.

That is the best analogy I can think of, I think from a marketing standpoint it is helpful to get people interested in the sim without being so overwhelmed with the learning curve that goes with a high fidelity module. Then, once someone is very comfortable they can always invest into purchasing the other modules and go through the full study sim experience.

There's nothing top stop E.D. having FC3 aircraft change the airfield WP to whichever one you select from the coms menu and report inbound.

Yes there is.

EDIT: Look in your keybinding list "Next Waypoint, Airfield Or Target" and "Previous Waypoint, Airfield Or Target". This will change airport when you have selected landing mode.

EDIT2: Seriously Weta, you have been flying this sim as long as I have and you don't know it? What have you been doing with FC man?

Edited by HiJack

While having the Eurofighter, F-22, Su-35, Su-30SM would be an amazing combo, i could see alot of problems online with 'balance' and other issues.

So i'd probably want a more realistically combo like: F-18E/MiG-29K, Tornado/MiG-23, F-15E/Su-34, etc, etc.

Honestly, i think we need more strike aircraft to fill online roles, and we know they can be done as FC level aircraft by looking at the Su-25T.

Edited by wilky510

Yes there is.

EDIT: Look in your keybinding list "Next Waypoint, Airfield Or Target" and "Previous Waypoint, Airfield Or Target". This will change airport when you have selected landing mode.

EDIT2: Seriously Weta, you have been flying this sim as long as I have and you don't know it? What have you been doing with FC man?

???

No there's not.

(I find that a very strange response.)

- Have you no imagination ?

Your argument is like saying the MiG-29 can't have PFM because it doesn't now.

They write the code.

They can do anything they want - you want them to add fully functional radios, but you don't think they can code airfield selection from a drop down list ? ? ?

What I was suggesting was that if they wanted to, rather than making you cycle through all the airfields (which is cumbersome and archaic, but I appreciate you've invested time in creating a list ) they could change the code so that to select which airport you want to be vectored to in return mode, you just pick the airfield from the dropdown list, which is already dynamically ordered by distance from the player at the time the dialogue is opened, (and could be colour coded for coalition) and report inbound.

Most of this functionality already exists in FC3 - if you're in return nav mode your course will be indicated to the airbase at the end of your route.

If you open the coms menu and select another ATC from the list (already ordered by distance), then pick any other airfield and report inbound, they will respond with the bearing and distance to the new airbase.

The code could just set that as your course at the same time as it prints it to your screen.

It's a feature request thread.

Like I said - It's their code, they can literally do anything they want - limited only by fiscal reality.

Cheers.

While having the Eurofighter, F-22, Su-35, Su-30SM would be an amazing combo, i could see alot of problems online with 'balance' and other issues.

So i'd probably want a more realistically combo like: F-18E/MiG-29K, Tornado/MiG-23, F-15E/Su-34, etc, etc.

Honestly, i think we need more strike aircraft to fill online roles, and we know they can be done as FC level aircraft by looking at the Su-25T.

I have to say I agree with you about this.

I think late Cold War (70'/80's) aircraft would be best overall as:

A) There are a lot of iconic/sexy aircraft from that era ;)

B) I believe it offers the best opportunities to create a wide variety of maps, scenarios and campaigns in the long run.

But, you know, if they did make the Eurofighter... :thumbup:

I would say in FC4 I would love to see at least some clickable stuff in the cockpit, I dont think all the various systems and things have to modeled to the exacting details of the Hornet or Thunderbolt II to have a clickable cockpit.

I personally dont really enjoy FC3 jets because of the lack of clickiness haha. I think there can certainly be a middle ground between FC3 and the F/A-18C in terms of systems functionality.

I am not a programmer or anything but it seems like there are systems that are very simply modeled in the FC3 jets that could be linked to a couple switches in the cockpit without all the super intense systems modeling that is behind all the switches in say the A-10C.

I think this could also help balance the FC3 jets with the full fidelity jets in the multiplayer arena as well... Just my 2 cents

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

I would say in FC4 I would love to see at least some clickable stuff in the cockpit, I dont think all the various systems and things have to modeled to the exacting details of the Hornet or Thunderbolt II to have a clickable cockpit.

I personally dont really enjoy FC3 jets because of the lack of clickiness haha. I think there can certainly be a middle ground between FC3 and the F/A-18C in terms of systems functionality.

I am not a programmer or anything but it seems like there are systems that are very simply modeled in the FC3 jets that could be linked to a couple switches in the cockpit without all the super intense systems modeling that is behind all the switches in say the A-10C.

I think this could also help balance the FC3 jets with the full fidelity jets in the multiplayer arena as well... Just my 2 cents

Agree - AFAIK the new 6DOF cockpits in FC3 already have most of the various switches, dials, handles etc animated, so it should be quite doable to do a clickable overlay.

Of course there would be little point in activating switches that don't do anything(associated devices not modelled), but there are functions that could be activated this way instead of key combos.

JJ

Agree - AFAIK the new 6DOF cockpits in FC3 already have most of the various switches, dials, handles etc animated, so it should be quite doable to do a clickable overlay.

Of course there would be little point in activating switches that don't do anything(associated devices not modelled), but there are functions that could be activated this way instead of key combos.

Indeed. The JFS handle, landing gear lever, steering mode panel, main comms panel (if radio were integrated), master arm, jettison select, etc.

There's nothing top stop E.D. having FC3 / FC4 aircraft change the airfield WP to whichever one you select from the coms menu and report inbound.

Fixed that for you. :)

I've noticed that they already make the A/A tacan behave this way for refueling, in the F-15C at least. If you open your refuel hatch while in nav mode it switches to A/A tacan, but it isn't always on the right tanker if there are multiple until you request rejoin. So the code is literally already there.

I've noticed that they already make the A/A tacan behave this way for refueling, in the F-15C at least. If you open your refuel hatch while in nav mode it switches to A/A tacan, but it isn't always on the right tanker if there are multiple until you request rejoin. So the code is literally already there.

Yeah, I could turn the TACAN mode on but really could not find any clue for bearing either on HUD nor the HSI.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria