Learning the editor - forum section or site?

Snakeyez82

Am i just not seeing the location for discussion on mission editing in the forum or elcewhere.

Ive started mseeing around with the editor recently after geing into ARMA 3s excellent editor system. I realized DCS's system would be simalar. While specifics will be different the general concepts like triggers, way-points, and zones are shared by both. The difference is the availability of material to teach new comers.

In my opinion its the biggest value in terms of re-playability of the sim. Every now and then i can find the Wiki page for the editor but its not super helpful. Like the manua,l it gives u raw definitions but not context in which one would use certain commands or functions. A place to discuss this would be nice. Having links to german only tutoreal vids like the wiki page for example is not too helpful. And I don't want to go off on a rant, but its my understanding that business, sciences, international sport and aviation all use english as the standard(admittedly a fluke of geopolitical history) in which discussions/ideas are presented internationally. I only ask that the community considers that when making more instructional material, and suplementing it with other languages. I do believe the more people join this community the better. Language barriers aside...

Is there a site or place with the resources im talking about?

Im not asking the developers to take on this issue as they are a small organization and have enough to work on all ready. The community could take up this issue quite effectively im sure.

Also Im thinking about uploading some Tweaked F15DACT Missions but im not sure if its ok... Ive added Text to let the pilot know they have shot down the targets and added screen shots of the enemy aircraft to the briefing pages to the flesh it out. Mainly as practice but it might be helpful to other newbies like myself.

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=210

That's Mission builders corner...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Am i just not seeing the location for discussion on mission editing in the forum or elcewhere.

Ive started mseeing around with the editor recently after geing into ARMA 3s excellent editor system. I realized DCS's system would be simalar. While specifics will be different the general concepts like triggers, way-points, and zones are shared by both. The difference is the availability of material to teach new comers.

In my opinion its the biggest value in terms of re-playability of the sim. Every now and then i can find the Wiki page for the editor but its not super helpful. Like the manua,l it gives u raw definitions but not context in which one would use certain commands or functions. A place to discuss this would be nice. Having links to german only tutoreal vids like the wiki page for example is not too helpful. And I don't want to go off on a rant, but its my understanding that business, sciences, international sport and aviation all use english as the standard(admittedly a fluke of geopolitical history) in which discussions/ideas are presented internationally. I only ask that the community considers that when making more instructional material, and suplementing it with other languages. I do believe the more people join this community the better. Language barriers aside...

Is there a site or place with the resources im talking about?

Im not asking the developers to take on this issue as they are a small organization and have enough to work on all ready. The community could take up this issue quite effectively im sure.

Also Im thinking about uploading some Tweaked F15DACT Missions but im not sure if its ok... Ive added Text to let the pilot know they have shot down the targets and added screen shots of the enemy aircraft to the briefing pages to the flesh it out. Mainly as practice but it might be helpful to other newbies like myself.

You are looking for some "newbie friendly" tutorials and documentation about the mission editor. And you complain about that the available footage and documentation is not always in english, did I get that right?

You're welcome. There are some YouTube vids about the ME but not that many.

I found it a very good way to understand mission design by going through other's triggers in the ME. Use simpler missions at the beginning. When it comes to lua scripts it gets challenging, at least for me... :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)