Will all 1.5 campaigns work in 2.5?

imacken

Looking at my existing ones and thinking about buying some more campaigns in the sale, can anyone say for sure that all campaigns that require 1.5 at the moment will work in 2.5?

Similarly, same question about exisitng ones that require 2.x.

Is it just down to maps?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

they say yes.

but i am sure that there will be lots of bugs. because even with the current updates, some scripts brake down

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So, potentially a waste of money buying any in the sale, I guess.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Only missions and campaigns on Caucasus will be affected, because of the revamped Caucasus map that will come with 2.5. ED is currently working on all their missions and campaigns to adjust them for the new map.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I can't help but think that it's not unreasonable for us to expect them to fix the bugs. After all, these are modules that will continue to be sold.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Nearly every campaign contains that one mission that is not playable with the current build. I don't think that'll change with 2.5.

In my experience a campaign creators fixes a mission that's broken in the current build only to have a different mission broken with the update that contains the fix for the previously broken mission. Vicious circle like.

I suggested a long time ago, all new versions of DCS world should be releases as beta for at least two weeks before stable, so campaign makers could test their missions against that very build and have time to fix any broken missions for their campaigns.

Still I like the commercial campaigns and purchase them.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I think the reason why they're slightly broken now is because they decided to make the update at or after the milestone 2.5 which I think makes sense in the long run, so skipped these versions in-between.

I didn't got to the campaigns much since I haven't even bought any of them yet except the boundled ones, I've seen one wingman AI aircraft taking off from taxiway, rolling on the grass and smashing to some buildings.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

When does Caucuses get released on 2.5 so we can start testing bugs on the missions?

January

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Shouldn't your real question be "which missions and campaigns will be supported through the transition to 2.5"?

There are bound to be bugs, but any paid for DLC is bound to be supported going forwards. It will really come down to which will be least broken in the short term.

I suspect EDs aim is to make sure that every campaign and current mission will be rejigged to work with the Caucasus environment.

Any 2.* missions ought to be unchanged. The truth is though that there are bound to be errors and glitches, but that really is the price of progress, and total fixes will take a while to trickle down I suspect.

Will 2.5 still be alpha then or will it move to beta?

I need a new SSD before this release!

According to Wags, the release version of 2.5 will be a completely fresh install, but will copy across any currently installed modules rather than requiring a fresh install of everything. The current 1.5.8 Beta being updated to 2.5 Beta. The 2.2 Alpha version will become obsolete. I suspect unlike previous updates, the 2.5 version will arrive as both Beta and Release together.

So if you are stuck for space on your SSD, it might be worth while transferring the current Alpha and Beta to a HDD in the short term to preserve all your downloaded maps and modules, installing 2.5 fresh directly to your SSD, and allowing the saved modules to migrate during the install process.

Alternatively, and probably not a bad idea if you have a good internet download speed would be to start from scratch with a totally clean install.

Things may of course work differently when the time comes, but I am sure ED will advise if there is to be a change of plans.