So, tell me please....

How does the K4 feel in 1.5 beta ?

I can't install it ( server overloaded with requests and a slow connection here :-( ), but I look fwd to try it, and would really like to hear from those lucky of you who were already able to get their hand on this candy :-)

Otto+, are you happy man ? I'm almost sure you will :-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only find that fuel pressure gauge doesn't move while use the pump lever but only after the engine starts.

giei, thx for your prompt response, and, btw, that makes 2 of us :-), not the pump, but being in flight simulation since 1988, starting with FS3.0, and soon after ATP :-)

Good / Great all times.

I still remember fs5.0, before the update 5.0a, which represented the first cut in it's flight dynamics, only followed much later when FSX was released by yet another major cut...

Those were times I will never forget :-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I only find that fuel pressure gauge doesn't move while use the pump lever but only after the engine starts.

Yeah, looks like now you pump a bit, gauge raises slightly but not fully and only get to regular pressure parameters when the engine is started up. Don't remember but I think that was commented around here.

The feeling is quite good mate, taxiing, taking off, in flight. The new "trim tabs" option is fine, I think something very personal depending what you look for. Still 109 is a high powered aircraft and torque dealing is challenging with speed change.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I damaged two times the engine simply moving throttle too fast forward during takeoff.

It was amazing watching first the smoke in my face and then the a long black trail in external view.

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

My impression with 1.5 (ymmv):

Elevators stiffen at 400km/h, so stick deflection per g is very different at 400km/h compared to 350km/h.

Outside of the wing stalls before the inside, so the abrupt wing dips are still there.

Aircraft is wobbly in the longitudinal axis.

Engine power, speed, and acceleration remain very impressive.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

My impression with 1.5 (ymmv):

Elevators stiffen at 400km/h, so stick deflection per g is very different at 400km/h compared to 350km/h.

Odd. Stick force gradient should be linear to very high mach numbers IMO, if we believe the stability curves posted in the other thread.

Outside of the wing stalls before the inside, so the abrupt wing dips are still there.

Very odd. Slats disabled or what..?

Aircraft is wobbly in the longitudinal axis.

Odd in the extreme. If anything the 109 was known for high longitudal stability. If it would be wobbly in the horizontal axis, I wouldn't complain...

Engine power, speed, and acceleration remain very impressive.

Phew! At least HP/ton is still calculated the same...

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

How does the K4 feel in 1.5 beta ?

A bit of my answer here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2497144&postcount=81

On second test it feels better than the old 1.2.16 one.

Now I only need to get more used to it.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Very odd. Slats disabled or what..?

No, they're definitely not disabled. It's still a good aircraft, but the 109K-4 handles like a cranky bear in the spring!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I think YoYo mentioned that FM was almost untouched. Only some cooling system changes, ROC and rudder forces added. So the 109 elevator is the same as it was before... if I recall correctly.

Gavai elevator is "stiff" which means you can't pull full deflection, or is it "stiff" that you can't pull at all?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

The former. You can still maneuver OK at 400km/h, but the maneuverability is decreased. At 500km/h the 109K-4 feels like cement.

If anything the 109 was known for high longitudal stability.

For a World War II fighter, it is very stable and that is evidenced by the curves...assuming their is no change in the Aerodynamic Center and the stability margin it should match the Bf-109G curves.

I do not see any design changes that represent a change in the Aerodynamic Center in the Bf-109K series.

Maybe this will help people to understand the information presented in the graphs posted on these boards.

In the test, the trim is set and fixed at .075 degrees. The fixed trim setting allows the engineers to measure the stick forces over the envelope. If we trimmed the aircraft, the stick forces would always be zero, LOL.

Here is the 2Km moved to a trim speed of 450kph. It represents the aircraft in cruise flight. It is not perfect, but folks should have a better understanding of what the stability graphs are telling them.

21vlhx.jpg

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

There's still the issue of the very jerky & twitchy stalling behavior that is completely unlike the real aircraft which is very stable near the stall which is mild when it happens.

I also still feel like there's an issue with the CL figures used, but that may be a feeling based on the CL figures chosen for the P-51 which are grossly incorrect IMO and not representative of any operational aircraft.

I'm with gavagai and Hummingbird. And the plane tends to pitch up by itself when it is about to fly vertically up in a zoom.

- I think the same as you guys, pitch-up effect remains wrong. :music_whistling:

but.. some things are good..

- the improve in graphic quality is good. :thumbup:

- the black vision effect at 7 to 8 G´s is good, and now it happen before rips the wings. :thumbup:

- the red vision effect is about -3G´s seem good. :thumbup:

Tomorow i will test the Bf-109K4 in on-line combat. .

- Moreover, my old missions created in the editor ver. 1.2.16, no work in this versión.

...any remedy for this problem? :cry:

- Moreover, my old missions created in the editor ver. 1.2.16, no work in this versión.

...any remedy for this problem? :cry:

Maybe the old trick for this will work: Open the missions in the version 1.5 mission editor and save them again.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I'm with gavagai and Hummingbird. And the plane tends to pitch up by itself when it is about to fly vertically up in a zoom.
- I think the same as you guys, pitch-up effect remains wrong. :music_whistling:
I'm also with you guys!!! Torque forces worked flawlessly before and still work may be even better now :thumbup:.

S!

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Well, some pilots did comment that 190 was "more maneuverable". :smartass:

There's still the issue of the very jerky & twitchy stalling behavior that is completely unlike the real aircraft which is very stable near the stall which is mild when it happens.

I also still feel like there's an issue with the CL figures used, but that may be a feeling based on the CL figures chosen for the P-51 which are grossly incorrect IMO and not representative of any operational aircraft.

Tried with a longer stick? I got no such behavior in 1.2.6 (haven't yet installed 1.5). Very mild for me. And the thing is a rock solid firing platform. The only jerkiness I got was when I was manhandling it.

As for the latter, this is only your opinion, not fact. Be careful not to start sounding like a broken record.

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

Well, maybe I'm biased here, because I use a Gametrix vibrating seat that recreates the cockpit vibration in-game.

But for me the 109 gives ample warning well ahead of a stall.

I get increasing vibration, so it's my own fault if I continue pulling the stick untill I stall, or if I do not lower the nose at slow speeds.

However, my experience is that I did not sense the vibrations as early when flying with visual cues only and I frequently stalled out.

I hardly ever stalled after getting this seat, and when I did, I felt it way early that I was in trouble.

PS:

I agree fully about the 109 being a stable gun platform. If anything even more so in 1.5. I can even take out ground targets with single grenades from my 30 mm cannon now.

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Tried with a longer stick? I got no such behavior in 1.2.6 (haven't yet installed 1.5). Very mild for me. And the thing is a rock solid firing platform. The only jerkiness I got was when I was manhandling it.

As for the latter, this is only your opinion, not fact. Be careful not to start sounding like a broken record.

Long stick here, it's even better now. Control is smooth like silk, you can feel the rudder forces now and it's just like the other axis so quite homogeneous feeling. It's not less manoeuvrable just controls have the required stiffness (also rudder) so you can't move from side to side so quickly. Tried the quick dogfight, still better by far than P-51 and of course you and only you are responsible for pulling harder than stall. Easier landings may be and taxi stability. It's quite a pleasure to fly her as she's now (1.5).

S!

Life is better with a long stick.

and a vibrating seat.. ;) :D

System specs:

Well, some pilots did comment that 190 was "more maneuverable". :smartass:

Yeah, some said it was more maneuverable than the Spitfire too.

Doesn't help, it's the behavior close to CLmax where the ingame plane experiences flickery rolling behavior, and that's quite simply nothing like the real plane, sorry.

As for the latter, no it's not my opinion, and you're more than welcome to show me a single document which proves that laminar flow airfoils provide the superior lift that Yo-Yo claims at high speeds under operational conditions. Good hunting.