Trim not working in latest OpenBeta

Brinkyeti

edit: bug only occurs when using XinputPlus to reorder buttons/axis of an Xbox Controller for PC AND using one of the Xbox Controller axis as pitch and/or roll.

It is also NOT F-5E specific, so this thread should be moved to a generic Bug report section of DCS.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create or use an XinputPlus controller profile for use with DCS (unzip attached .zip file and place files in "DCS World\bin")
  2. Load the instant action mission "free flight"
  3. trim

Workaround:

1. Unassign the pitch/roll/yaw axis from the "XInputPlus for DCS" input device
  2. (Maybe restart DCS, at least reload the mission)

XInputPlus for DCS.zip

Edited by Brinkyeti

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load the instant action mission "free flight"
  2. trim

I'll have to try this. I was out on one of my custom training missions (at Maikop) and was trimming like a madperson doing touch-and-gos last night. Pitch and roll...the aircraft did everything I expected, including running into that tree that someone planted expressly to get in my way.

Update:

Turns out using XinputPlus with DCS results in such behavior.

Could reproduce the same Trimming behavior in the A10C and the MiG-21bis.

Weirdly enough the F-14's trimm worked fine.

I still think Directinput device handling might be a bit wonky in DCS,

but that's a DCS issue at best and not an F-5 issue.

For now i'm no longer using XinputPlus with DCS.

@Slap_Chop:

Sorry i'm just now replying.

I wanted to use my Xbox 360 Controller in the RIO Slot of the F-14B by Heatblur. Assigning the left trigger of the controller to the HCU dual-stage trigger and the right trigger to the dual-stage trigger for the LANTIRN targeting pod.

In short what XInputPlus does is modify the controller layout of the Xbox 360 controller -> it being possible to use the "Xbox button" as an actual button ingame, have the trigger axis show up as two axis (instead of one) and/or as buttons.

This is being achieved by placing modifed .dll files inside a specific game folder -> The changes only happen to a specific game and every other game uses the Xbox controller as normal.

Also another minor update: the bug only occurs in case i assign one of the XinputPlus axis to the aircraft pitch/roll axis. Will update the original post.

Edited by Brinkyeti