JayBird's Callsign Mod

JayBird

As promised, I've put together a small mod that adds a number of callsigns to DCS. Right now these are focused around the F-14 Tomcat, but I do hope to expand into other Squadrons for the Hornet, Strike Eagle, and other NATO assets.

One issue to note with this mod is that it may require reinstillation following DCS updates.

DOWNLOAD LINK| CURRENT VERSION: 1.00 | LAST UPDATED: 12MAR2019

DCS WORLD CALLSIGN MOD by JayBird

CONTENT:

Adds the following radio callsigns for both voice and text communications with AI parties.

US NAVY CALLSIGNS:

VF-1 WICHITA

VF-2 BULLET

VF-11 RIPPER

VF-14 CAMELOT

VF-21 LANCE

VF-24 RAGE

VF 31 TOMCAT | FELIX

VF-32 GYPSY

VF-33 TARBOX

VF-41 FAST EAGLE

VF-51 EAGLE

VF-74 DEVIL

VF-84 VICTORY

VF-101 GUNFIGHTER

VF-102 DIAMOND

VF-103 SLUGGER | VICTORY

VF-111 SUNDOWNER

VF-114 AARDVARK

VF-124 GUNSLINGER

VF-142 DAKOTA | GHOSTRIDER

VF-143 TAPROOM | DOG

VF-154 BLACK KNIGHT

VF-191 HELLCAT

VF-194 RED FLASH

VF-201 HUNTER

VF-202 SUPER | SUPERHEAT

VF-211 NICKEL

VF-213 BLACK LION

VF-301 DEVIL

VF-302 STALLION

VF-1285 N/A

VF-1485 AMERICAN

VF-1486 HOBO

VX-4 SALTY DOG

VX-9 VAMPIRE | MISTY

VX-30 SALTY DOG

VX-31 SALTY DOG

TOPGUN BOGEY

VAW-125 TORCH

VS-29 DRAGON

FICTIONAL TANKER:

CHEVRON

EXXON

HESS

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download and unzip the "DCS_Callsign_vX" file

2. Locate your "DCS World OpenBeta" folder

-Folder should contain files such as: "API" "Bazar" "bin" etc.

3. Locate and open the "FILE STRUCTURE" folder within the unzipped "DCS_Callsign_vX" folder

4. Drag and drop the "Scripts" and "Sounds" folders to your "DCS World OpenBeta" folder

5. Replace all prompted files

6. Enjoy

HOW TO UNINSTALL:

1. Locate your "DCS World OpenBeta" folder

-Folder should contain files such as: "API" "Bazar" "bin" etc.

2. Locate and open the "BACKUP" folder within the unzipped "DCS_Callsign_vX" folder

3. Drag and drop the "Scripts" folder to your "DCS World OpenBeta" folder

4. Replace all prompted files

HOW TO INSTALL WITH OvGME/JSGME:

1. Place "FILE STRUCTURE" folder in your "Mod" folder in the GME program

2. Rename "FILE STRUCTURE" folder to "Jaybirds Callsign Mod" for example

3. Enable via GME program

4. Enjoy

JSGME.png

JSGME-2.png

Instructions and Screenshots courtesy of Highwayman-Ed!

KNOWN ISSUES:

- May require reinstallation following DCS updates

- Voices are different from other DCS radio traffic

- Voices for different stations are all the same

- Some callsigns don't sound awesome

- There aren't enough of them

Edited by JayBird

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

No idea

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Cool!

How did you solve the voice issues? I mean, you did not record voices to callsigns I guess :) On what callsign will the units call 'me' on the radio?

UPDATE - YOU DID RECORD. :shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TESTED, AWESOME! Database iss from MATS I guess :) Good job!

Edited by 59th_LeFty

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Will this type of mod work for FC3 jets? Interested in more call signs for F-15's, A-10A's etc. Likewise, with MAC coming up and some other DCS modules like F-5 etc ... hoping to have more widely available callsigns.

Also hoping to see this work with 'Saved Games' instead of having to install it directly into the game root folder - but I realize you'd probably need ED's help for this.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Will this type of mod work for FC3 jets? Interested in more call signs for F-15's, A-10A's etc. Likewise, with MAC coming up and some other DCS modules like F-5 etc ... hoping to have more widely available callsigns.

Also hoping to see this work with 'Saved Games' instead of having to install it directly into the game root folder - but I realize you'd probably need ED's help for this.

It should work with any DCS aircraft, I'd like to add more callsigns starting with the F/A-18 squadrons. Saved Game would probably need ED to redevelop the system

I’ve tried to install it a couple of times. Copied folders per instruction, but then DCS won’t start. No crash or dialogues, just wont start. Copy the backup file per instructions and DCS works again. Any ideas?

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Everything is installable with OvGME / JSGME, you just have to get the right folder structure.

In this case, the FILE STRUCTURE folder from the zip file is the one you want to use as your Mod folder in the GME programs, and just rename it in the GME to "Jaybirds Callsign Mod" for example

JSGME.png

JSGME-2.png

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything is installable with OvGME / JSGME, you just have to get the right folder structure.

In this case, the FILE STRUCTURE folder from the zip file is the one you want to use as your Mod folder in the GME programs, and just rename it in the GME to "Jaybirds Callsign Mod" for example

JSGME.png

JSGME-2.png

Thanks for posting this! I'll add it to the main post this weekend!

Yeah ok I don’t know what any of that is. I re-downloaded and tried again to install the mod today via the readme instructions that accompany the mod and again it prevents DCS from opening.

No suggestions though?

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I must have dinked something up the first time, but it worked like a charm based on what you provided. Big Thank You!!!

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

Yeah ok I don’t know what any of that is. I re-downloaded and tried again to install the mod today via the readme instructions that accompany the mod and again it prevents DCS from opening.

No suggestions though?

Unfortunately it does the same for me. Either following the readme instructions or using JGSME.

Strange it works for some people and not others.

Regardless, thanks Jaybird for your work on this a greater variety of callsigns is badly needed and I'm sure someone will work out the issue some of us are having.

For those who are having issues have you checked the crash logs?

They can be found in your Saved Game folder

Hi Jaybird,

No crash log that I can find, relevant lines in dcs.log could be:

2019-03-17 09:09:35.092 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/db_callnames.lua'

2019-03-17 09:09:35.092 ALERT Dispatcher: Error running Scripts/Database/db_scan.lua: [string "./Scripts/Database/db_callnames.lua"]:120: unexpected symbol near ')'

2019-03-17 09:09:35.092 INFO DCS: application shutdown

and possibly:

2019-03-17 09:09:35.306 WARNING EDOBJECTS: lTypeObjectManager::Create() doesn't exist.

Full log attached

dcs.zip

So based on this when I change:

callnames( country.FRANCE, 'AWACS', makeTable('Cyrano','Roxanne' ));

callnames( country.USA, 'Tankers', makeTable('Texaco','Arco','Shell','EXXON','CHEVRON','DRAGON','HESS',));

to:

callnames( country.FRANCE, 'AWACS', makeTable('Cyrano','Roxanne'));

callnames( country.USA, 'Tankers', makeTable('Texaco','Arco','Shell','EXXON','CHEVRON','DRAGON','HESS'));

It loaded successfully with the additional callsigns showing in the ME. I think only the second line makes the difference but there was a tab or extra spaces at the end of the first as well.

Edited by Lordzarj
Additional info

Hi Jaybird,

No crash log that I can find, relevant lines in dcs.log could be:

2019-03-17 09:09:35.092 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest size check failed for file './Scripts/Database/db_callnames.lua'

2019-03-17 09:09:35.092 ALERT Dispatcher: Error running Scripts/Database/db_scan.lua: [string "./Scripts/Database/db_callnames.lua"]:120: unexpected symbol near ')'

2019-03-17 09:09:35.092 INFO DCS: application shutdown

and possibly:

2019-03-17 09:09:35.306 WARNING EDOBJECTS: lTypeObjectManager::Create() doesn't exist.

Full log attached

Okay I see the issue, it's a simple syntax error. I had this issue and then fixed it. Appears that some people got one version and others got a different.

I hope to have an update this week, hopefully that rectifies the issue

Great mod well done Jaybird, the sounds are so similar to the current in game you barely notice the difference

hopefully ED might knock on your door and get added this officially. and build out some similar for the other planes in game

I've edited all the Tomcat training missions to have the correct calls, also swapped out some with different squadrons for some flavor :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5