DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone noticed how the ground AI behaves much better now? Pathfinding seems to finally work and they avoid trees as well. Man, I like this patch after the hotfix & am extremely glad to see things MOVING again :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I've got a few hours on 2.6, flew some dusk mission around Dubai. Lighting is amazing. Huge Huey bug; it keeps crashing (my Huey, not the game). This has nothing to do with me being a Huey novice, I'm sure. It's worse when I come in to crash...er...land.

Seriously, in my little corner of DCS, 2.6 is working out nicely. Others...maybe different, but no complaints here on my old machine. New box isn't quite ready yet.

Yea from my point of rig, DCS 2.5.6 in the actual state is running nice with good lighting and superb looking Ka-50.

I wonder why so many Users seem to have problems with 2.5.6, whilst others seem to have improvements which would then lead to two groups: the 2.5.5 conservatives and the 2.5.6 progressive party?!?

Solved!

After latest update 2.5.6 to beta the visibility to see objekts like tanks on ground is worse.

I made a mission long before update to 2.5.6 with 4 Shermans moving to a position and then I am trying to divebomb them with BF109.

Before update I was able to see them on ground from 3000m! Now I cant find them from above 600m!

I have not changed anything in video settings in game!

In video I am paddlocked on to the tanks and altitude is from 2500m to about 875m! And no tanks visible!!:ranting:

I did test it on DSC World 2.5.5 to and I can see the tanks from 3000m altitude!! Tiny as hell, but visible!

No problem there!

This works fine now with latest update!!

Thanx!:thumbup:

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

You didn't mention which versions, but I think they did?

LOD Issues on Units and Static objects - fixed

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

We (TFK) gave it a good run last night with about 18 people joined and it went very well! No one dropped out, server had no issues apart from a couple of times people getting credit for kills when they hadn't even fired a missile. Overall it was a fantastic multiplayer experience. Thanks for getting us back into it so quickly ED! :thumbup:

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

I wish they'd just disable that so people would worry about weather they accomplish the mission and survival instead.

But...but...MUH AIRQUAKE!!!! :megalol:

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Anybody else getting "window is out of focus" in orange writing on the multiplayer sever screen ? Maybe something I am overlooking ?

Yes, that's something like a new service message I assume which goes away until after everything is loaded correctly and DCS is ready to go in VR.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I wish they'd just disable that so people would worry about weather they accomplish the mission and survival instead.

Reminds me of me flying with a buddy. He literally racks up 4-5 times the kills I do, but he dies at least as often in one evening while I don't do that even once... rdlaugh.png

Edit: My performance went up a bit, doing around 30fps now. Still not the 45 I had, but better than just 22fps. And almost stutter free.

Well, after some more flying I can say the stutters are still there, but not totally as bad as they've been just the version before. They're very prominent when flying very fast over landscape, again. This time, I turned out to the sea (literally I flew ~300 from Senaki and at around 100nm DME I turned left to come back home from the west) and as soon as the landscape totally vanished in the haze just like 15-20nm behind me (if wishes were viewing distance!), the stuttering completely disappeared.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Anybody else getting "window is out of focus" in orange writing on the multiplayer sever screen ? Maybe something I am overlooking ?

Edit, playing in VR

I get it regularly when my DCS is not my active window, i.e. Alt-Tabbed or on the desktop. I find it quite useful to avoid clicking buttons on the HOTAS after changing some sound settings. It consistently goes away when I click on DCS's window.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Anyone else having issues with the Radio menu buttons sometimes not working? I posted it the bug section, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it.

Hit \ to bring up the menu, and sometimes the buttons work as usual F8 ground crew. Other times nothing happens, and yet other times it switches to external views like the F buttons normally do. It also seems to happen more online than offline, but its done it on both. And the doubly weird thing is that its not consistent, it sometimes works and sometimes not on the same online server and airframe.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Anyone else having issues with the Radio menu buttons sometimes not working? I posted it the bug section, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it.

Hit \ to bring up the menu, and sometimes the buttons work as usual F8 ground crew. Other times nothing happens, and yet other times it switches to external views like the F buttons normally do. It also seems to happen more online than offline, but its done it on both. And the doubly weird thing is that its not consistent, it sometimes works and sometimes not on the same online server and airframe.

I've had that in the campaign I'm currently playing - I thought it was just the campaign. I'll tell my wingmen to do something, and nothing will happen. Then I'd do the same again a couple seconds later, and they would respond.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

I had that too (Bf 109 rearm and refuel, not always working).

I9 9900k | RTX 2080 | RAM: 32Gb | DCS Installed on SSD, W10 on another SSD | 1440p Screen | Trackir 5 | HP Reverb G1 | Hotas Warthog + Microsoft force feedback 2 stick + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Homemade 5 axis and  lots of button box.

unable to login to DCS World; website login unavailable?

I was just on 20 minutes ago no problem?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Yep, good point.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)