DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Hey, thanks for your fast reply, but unfortunately there is no change :(

What I did was:

1.) Reinstalling with a new download to be sure

2.)Creating a new Export.Lua with only the line you wrote above (Copy'n Paste)

3.)Testing, no change

4.)Changing unicast

5.)Restarting DCS

6.)Still no change

Additionally I tried to close and restart SimpleRadio while DCS was running (including the UI) - no change.

What the heck I'm wondering what I am missing.

PS: Firewall is also deactivated to test it....

EDIT: I just took a look in the DCS_SimpleRadioStandalone.lua - what is this JSON.lua? I do not have this in the DCS/Scripts folder in my saved games directory.

Try this new version, Overlay is now integrated and not a separate EXE, the button to launch is next to the connect button. You can launch it at any time.

Don't worry about the JSON.lua file, it gets that from the DCS directory :)

I'd install manually rather than using the installer just to be on the safe side. Instructions are in the first post for manual install.

BTW Please don't download this version unless you want to test as its not fully tested yet...

Could you upload your export.lua as well, just to be sure?

DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.zip

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Try this new version, Overlay is now integrated and not a separate EXE, the button to launch is next to the connect button. You can launch it at any time.

Don't worry about the JSON.lua file, it gets that from the DCS directory :)

I'd install manually rather than using the installer just to be on the safe side. Instructions are in the first post for manual install.

BTW Please don't download this version unless you want to test as its not fully tested yet...

Could you upload your export.lua as well, just to be sure?

Thanks a hundred times, this version is working instant :thumbup:

Do you know if I can connect with this version to the version which is running on BlueFlag? This is the latest "official" release as far as I know.-

Thanks a hundred times, this version is working instant :thumbup:

Do you know if I can connect with this version to the version which is running on BlueFlag? This is the latest "official" release as far as I know.-

Yes you can, it'll work fine :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New version isn't working for me either, still can't connect with IP. There must be some problem with network or i don't know. But i can play on multiplayer servers, so i have an internet connection. Hmmm

So you still get disconnected when connected to this IP? 5.189.162.17?

Do you have a normal modem or is it doing packet inspection? What firewalls do you have?

Its very odd as if the connection is being dropped then your TCP connection is being terminated for some reason...

Yeah, still trying without success. Well i don't know what is packet inspection , for me it's just a normal. Firewall only basic provided with windows - fresh system. Maybe i have wrong default setting for ongoing port or something? I'm not really into this IT thing:) But i can assure You that i have done all the steps as You wanted :(

Open dcs-simpleradiotandalone.lua and edit line 234 from:

_data.radios[1].frequency = 251.0*1000000

to

_data.radios[1].frequency = 126.0*1000000

Didn't help... I edited it, saved the file, still same. 251 on start in MiG-29S...

Ciribob?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yeah, still trying without success. Well i don't know what is packet inspection , for me it's just a normal. Firewall only basic provided with windows - fresh system. Maybe i have wrong default setting for ongoing port or something? I'm not really into this IT thing:) But i can assure You that i have done all the steps as You wanted :(

Did you try to deactivate the Windows firewall? I did this and it is working properly now. Sometimes the firewall is doing unintended actions if activated.

The SimpleRadio Server stop's working a lot for us.

From the OS Event log:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          7/29/2016 8:48:41 PM
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Phoenix_Server
Description:
Application: SR-Server.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(System.TimeSpan)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action)
  at Caliburn.Micro.XamlPlatformProvider.OnUIThread(System.Action)
  at Caliburn.Micro.Execute.OnUIThread(System.Action)
  at Caliburn.Micro.EventAggregator.Publish(System.Object, System.Action`1<System.Action>)
  at Caliburn.Micro.EventAggregatorExtensions.PublishOnUIThread(Caliburn.Micro.IEventAggregator, System.Object)
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.ServerSync.HandleDisconnect(Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.StateObject)
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.ServerSync.ReadCallback(System.IAsyncResult)
  at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr)
  at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(System.Object)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
  at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr)
  at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(System.Object, IntPtr)
  at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)
  at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
 <System>
   <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
   <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
   <Level>2</Level>
   <Task>0</Task>
   <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
   <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-07-29T19:48:41.536564100Z" />
   <EventRecordID>1149320</EventRecordID>
   <Channel>Application</Channel>
   <Computer>Phoenix_Server</Computer>
   <Security />
 </System>
 <EventData>
   <Data>Application: SR-Server.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(System.TimeSpan)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action)
  at Caliburn.Micro.XamlPlatformProvider.OnUIThread(System.Action)
  at Caliburn.Micro.Execute.OnUIThread(System.Action)
  at Caliburn.Micro.EventAggregator.Publish(System.Object, System.Action`1<System.Action>)
  at Caliburn.Micro.EventAggregatorExtensions.PublishOnUIThread(Caliburn.Micro.IEventAggregator, System.Object)
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.ServerSync.HandleDisconnect(Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.StateObject)
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Server.ServerSync.ReadCallback(System.IAsyncResult)
  at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr)
  at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(System.Object)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
  at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr)
  at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(System.Object, IntPtr)
  at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)
  at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

</Data>
 </EventData>
</Event>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats great to hear you're switching over! Please let me know if you have more issues.

I'll increase the audio buffer size as I can reproduce the effect if I lower the buffer size more on my hardware. If that doesnt fix it, it's likely to be a sampling issue as I sample at 24,000Hz rather than the normal 44,100HZ. Annoyingly I can't sample at 44,100Hz as opus doesnt support that, only 48,000Hz which doesn't work on some soundcards....

Good to hear you know what the cause is. It's not the end of the world, but it can make hearing some people problematic.

Is there any way you can boost the volume up somewhat? Seems everyone is coming through quite quiet compared to how they sound in TS, however playing with the mic/speaker boost slider doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It's not a show stopper or anything, but it does mean that the in cockpit volume controls are having to stay pegged at max and it'd be nice to have a bit more volume in reserve.

Also, perhaps a related issue, some people are find their voice is getting garbled/clipped off when they do turn volumes up and/or speak more loudly in order to deal with the above. It just ends up as static possibly something to do with being boosted above the volume level things can handle?

As for the sample rate, would adding the option to pick 24000HZ or 48000HZ do any good or would it just make things worse from a complexity/compatibility standpoint?

Edit: For the locations I was thinking a preset list of airports as well as a few major towns in Caucasus and Nevada. Also thinking of allowing a lat/lon but not sure how to convert back into DCS co-ordinates. Out of interest, do you have any preference of how you'd like to do it? For the multi antenna radios, what are the distances between antennas? Could allow multiple positions for a single radio depending on type.

Preset locations is good, but I do think it also needs the option to select a custom location as well. I have no idea how its done, but Towsim has that option for Aries (by entering decimal lat/long).

While multi transmitters would be the optimum solution, if that is excessively complex then a single custom antenna location with customisable power and elevation would do the job, or even the option to disable range/terrain masking limits for that individual antenna station.

I'd have to look through the (very large) collection of NTTR docs to find the real world Blackjack antenna locations, but I'm sure we have it somewhere if it'd be of use.

The other likely complex one is AWACS, as a mobile airborne station a fixed position wouldn't really be representative as the AWACS a/c could reposition over the course of a mission, at least in theory. Unless you can export the location of the AWACS aircraft in real time from DCS, I guess a custom location with adjustable elevation is the only practical solution.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Just tested it in BlueFlag and it works great, please do not stop developing this nice program ;) :thumbup:

What I was wondering about is adding an overlay which shows who exactly is currently speaking - but on the other hand exactly the lack of this is extending the realism a lot - but I will definately have to adapt, we just had the guidance of Magic and this was a bit of overloard to me, typical noobish....^^

Not a big deal (I'll simply swap export.lua files as a work around) but wanted to share. I use Helios when flying the A-10C, once I installed Simple Radio Standalone I couldn't figure out why the only three aircraft the radios would work for were the A-10C, A-10A, and F-15C. As soon as I removed the Helios export entries in the export lua all ACFT work fine.

I've attached my export.lua that has the helios, tacview, and simpleradio entries for informational purposes.

Helios_Export.lua

New Release - Version v1.1.4.0

LUA files have changed again so make sure to manually update them or use the installer.

Change Log:

• Merged Overlay into ClientRadio
  • Increased Responsiveness and updates as a result for Overlay
  • New PTT light on Overlay
  • Added NWS as PTT when gears up on F5E - Thanks Tarres
  • Made Unicast Default
  • Added Overlay Toggle button and Hotkey - Debounced so will trigger once every 500ms if you hold the button. Hotkey also won't work until connected to a server
  • Minor change to audio handling
  • Overlay position, size and opacity are now all saved and loaded automatically :)

Now the work is over of unifying the Overlay. I'll start on the GCI panel, this will be relatively slow work as it requires optimisation of many parts of the system so don't worry if you don't see a new version for a while! Once GCI is out i'll switch to distance limitations.

For the server host, you need to open UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002.

Banned IPs are added to a file created where ever the server is run called banned.txt. To unban, just delete the IP from the file and restart the server.

Make sure if you install manually to copy the DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua file as well as the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua to the scripts folder or it wont work.

Please let me know if you have any issues! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Manual Install Procedure

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts - Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

As always - Please let me know if you have issues so I can help solve them! :)

Edited by Ciribob

Good to hear you know what the cause is. It's not the end of the world, but it can make hearing some people problematic.

Is there any way you can boost the volume up somewhat?

Also, perhaps a related issue, some people are find their voice is getting garbled/clipped off when they do turn volumes up and/or speak more loudly in order to deal with the above. It just ends up as static possibly something to do with being boosted above the volume level things can handle?

As for the sample rate, would adding the option to pick 24000HZ or 48000HZ do any good or would it just make things worse from a complexity/compatibility standpoint?

For AWACS, it might be possible to tie the position to a Unit in DCS but that'll depend on the Server export options. I will investigate though.

On the boost issue and garbled issue, I'll give the sliders a bit higher max so you can boost further but yes be careful with over boosting or it'll top out and sound horrendous.

The release I just did might fix your audio looping problem so let me know if it does!

For the sample rate, I may well make it an option if I cant find a good workaround but I'll keep investigating. Working with hardware issues is tricky... sorry!

Any documentation you have would be greatly appreciated!

The SimpleRadio Server stop's working a lot for us.

What Hardware and Windows version are you running on? Are you launching it as a normal Exe or have you made it into a service?

Thats really odd to see as on the 3 servers we've run it on for buddy spike we've yet to see one crash... It might be due to someone connecting with an old version?

Silly question but are you definitely running the latest version?

I'd also make sure that the .NET runtime is updated to the latest version as well. I'll keep investigating and see if I can reproduce on any of the servers available to me.

What I was wondering about is adding an overlay which shows who exactly is currently speaking - but on the other hand exactly the lack of this is extending the realism a lot - but I will definately have to adapt, we just had the guidance of Magic and this was a bit of overloard to me, typical noobish....^^

This is something a few people have asked about actually. I will probably look at this later on but if it is added it will be a server side setting so admins have a choice. Glad to hear it worked in BlueFlag :)

Not a big deal (I'll simply swap export.lua files as a work around) but wanted to share. I use Helios when flying the A-10C, once I installed Simple Radio Standalone I couldn't figure out why the only three aircraft the radios would work for were the A-10C, A-10A, and F-15C. As soon as I removed the Helios export entries in the export lua all ACFT work fine.

I've attached my export.lua that has the helios, tacview, and simpleradio entries for informational purposes.

I'll try and find a work around for that as it should just work with Helios. Definitely compatible with TacView and ButtKicker as long as the SimpleRadio entry is at the bottom of the file.

Thanks for reporting! :)

Hi folks, I installed srs today in order to improve my blueflag experience & I love it.

I just have one question regarding guard frequencies that I just can't figure out. I'm a su27 pilot. As far as I understood, guard mode allows me to listen to two channels on one radio, of course I can only talk on one. Is this correct? But how do I set the 2nd frequency? For example I would like to be on the atc frequency to communicate my take off and at the same time listen to the information the gci has to offer. Is this possible with the guard mode? I know I can enter guard mode by right clicking the radio (in fc3 planes) but when I change the frequency it changes the "normal" frequency as well.

I am probably stupid and have a completely false idea what guard does, so please enlighten me :D thanks :)

Hi folks, I installed srs today in order to improve my blueflag experience & I love it.

I just have one question regarding guard frequencies that I just can't figure out. I'm a su27 pilot. As far as I understood, guard mode allows me to listen to two channels on one radio, of course I can only talk on one. Is this correct? But how do I set the 2nd frequency? For example I would like to be on the atc frequency to communicate my take off and at the same time listen to the information the gci has to offer. Is this possible with the guard mode? I know I can enter guard mode by right clicking the radio (in fc3 planes) but when I change the frequency it changes the "normal" frequency as well.

I am probably stupid and have a completely false idea what guard does, so please enlighten me :D thanks :)

You're exactly right, Guard lets you hear on a different frequency to the one you see on the overlay but you will only ever transmit on the overlay frequency so you can hear two radios in one :)

Guard frequency is a fixed frequency for emergencies, indicated by the +G on the radio. You can toggle it by right clicking on the frequency in an FC3 aircraft like the SU-27 exactly as you say.

All the frequencies for all aircrafts and the Guard frequencies for radios, if they have them, are listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

For SU27 the Guard is 121.50 on the R-800 (Radio 1) and the overlay frequency should flash red when receiving a transmission on Guard.

Edited by Ciribob

Few of us aren't able to bind direct hotas commands since the latest update.

That's odd... thanks for letting me know. Try clearing all the keybinds first with the clear button, then binding. Hold the keybind a few seconds as well to be sure it'll pick it up

I'll take a look as well as see if I can replicate.

Has anyone see the overlay go a crazy size? It now save position and size but one person has reported this not quite being right.

Edit: Just bound all buttons on Warthog + Keyboard ok but let me know if its still not working

quickbindtest.JPG.f7721a90f06aae6b4411a71f9ee37926.JPG

Edited by Ciribob

That's odd... thanks for letting me know. Try clearing all the keybinds first with the clear button, then binding. Hold the keybind a few seconds as well to be sure it'll pick it up

I'll take a look as well as see if I can replicate.

Has anyone see the overlay go a crazy size? It now save position and size but one person has reported this not quite being right.

Edit: Just bound all buttons on Warthog + Keyboard ok but let me know if its still not working

Huh, weird worked right away now without issue. Maybe it was me... I did fly into a mountain shortly after... so maybe I was doing something goofy.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

My wishlist got surpassed some weeks back so I've got to get imaginative to ask for much more, but I'm interested in when you are going to begin the crunch towards line of sight and signal strength behaviour per radio.

It does seem to be maturing at a rate almost hard to keep up with, if the pace continues, I'd love a separate autoupdater app (Launcher) with autodownloader and the installer to have a choice on installing just client related stuff or just server related parts as I manage two very seperate environments. The seperate downloader could be authorised by security once, whilst being used repeatedly to get the newest version - OK, saves about 10 clicks, you've got most of the low hanging feature-fruit. Getting everyone coordinated on the right version is important though.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

You're exactly right, Guard lets you hear on a different frequency to the one you see on the overlay but you will only ever transmit on the overlay frequency so you can hear two radios in one :)

Guard frequency is a fixed frequency for emergencies, indicated by the +G on the radio. You can toggle it by right clicking on the frequency in an FC3 aircraft like the SU-27 exactly as you say.

All the frequencies for all aircrafts and the Guard frequencies for radios, if they have them, are listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

For SU27 the Guard is 121.50 on the R-800 (Radio 1) and the overlay frequency should flash red when receiving a transmission on Guard.

Thank you so much! Now I got it. Can't believe I missed that the guard frequency is set by the plane. But it makes sense :)