DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

t1mb0b that is a valid setup of course. But I am curious why don't you use the option "radio select as PTT" on SRS? Not only you are saving a button, it's also more realistic for most plane's. And if you use Vaicom, with the right set of options it can be realistic for all planes.

Nevertheless pocketedition was asking for a solution that does not involve Vaicom because he's not using it.

It also involved keeping VA on open mic and suspending listening when talking on SRS.

Edited by lxsapper
It also involved keeping VA on open mic and suspending listening when talking on SRS.

I was answering 'emc'.

...and, i was with you until your last line, VA isn't listening when i'm pressing PTT for SRS :)

Yes but you use a diferent setup for PTTs you don't keep VA on open mic (I don't eighter, but 'pocketedition' does).

But good stuff I didn't notice 'emc's question.

Are there any plans to add MIDS functionality ?
I don't really know how I would represent it other than an extra two radios with fixed channels ?

Any suggestions welcome. Currently only I think the a10c would be the only aircraft for it as well as it has proper in cockpit controls

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I recently added the DCS SRS mod, it works great (kudos to the developer). Then only issue I'm having is trying to create the radio preset txt files for Comm1/2 and importing it into DCS for the F-18C module. Does anyone have the correct file name for Comm1/2 and is there a certain directory I need to copy it to... I've tried placing the text files in the DCS-SRS install folder as well as the saved game folder with no luck... I've tried ANARC-210, ANARC210 UHF1 with the one line radio channels as outlined in the guide..

Edited by RV8ator

I recently added the DCS SRS mod, it works great (kudos to the developer). Then only issue I'm having is trying to create the radio preset txt files for Comm1/2 and importing it into DCS for the F-18C module. Does anyone have the correct file name for Comm1/2 and is there a certain directory I need to copy it to... I've tried placing the text files in the DCS-SRS install folder as well as the saved game folder with no luck... I've tried ANARC-210, ANARC210 UHF1 with the one line radio channels as outlined in the guide..

Radio presets from text files only work for aircraft where you cant set the frequency in the cockpit

The FA18 is full fidelity so you set the channels in the mission editor as well as using the channel selector in cockpit to select

New SRS version makes this more obvious by hiding the Tab when it cant be used

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Is it possible for the server administrator to allow for a "player list" that show who is on the channel and who is transmitting?
There is one, hit player list on the SRS server
This is probably way overdue, but "THANK YOU!" for making this awesome program!
You're welcome :)

I would say "thanks" as well, but...any time I try to use it with an F/A-18 the volume sliders go to zero and stay there, no matter what the volume is on the radios. F-5...no problem. F-18...no volume. Makes it pretty hard to use.

<edit> That sounded abrupt...and I didn't mean it that way. I'm new to SRS so there's always the likely chance I'm doing something silly, but so far any time I hop in an F-18 cockpit, no matter which way I wave the rubber chicken, no joy. I know other people use it, so there's something missing somewhere.

...and to be clear it appears to work properly on my old system; at least using 1.7.2.0, so I loaded that version on the new system, and it still has the same problem. No idea what could be different, other than I don't know how to get a throttle into idle using a keyboard.

SRS.PNG

Edited by Raisuli

I would say "thanks" as well, but...any time I try to use it with an F/A-18 the volume sliders go to zero and stay there, no matter what the volume is on the radios. F-5...no problem. F-18...no volume. Makes it pretty hard to use.

<edit> That sounded abrupt...and I didn't mean it that way. I'm new to SRS so there's always the likely chance I'm doing something silly, but so far any time I hop in an F-18 cockpit, no matter which way I wave the rubber chicken, no joy. I know other people use it, so there's something missing somewhere.

...and to be clear it appears to work properly on my old system; at least using 1.7.2.0, so I loaded that version on the new system, and it still has the same problem. No idea what could be different, other than I don't know how to get a throttle into idle using a keyboard.

SRS.PNG

For support go to Discord https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Follow #common-issues first post exactly, then try fa18

Then ask for help if there are still issues

For support go to Discord https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Follow #common-issues first post exactly, then try fa18

Then ask for help if there are still issues

EDIT:

The problem lives here: C:\Users\~\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet

Where there is under investigation. I have basically every control mapped to something, and I don't know which one is causing fits. Hunting that down will be a reasonably slow process, even using binary division.

Edit2:

More specifically, SRS volume uses the F/A-18 MIDS volume rather than COM volume. I have MIDS volumes mapped, and they were all the way down.

Edited by Raisuli

I don't really know how I would represent it other than an extra two radios with fixed channels ?

Any suggestions welcome. Currently only I think the a10c would be the only aircraft for it as well as it has proper in cockpit controls

Hornet has the ability to set MIDS freq but functionality is not implemented. What I think would be as you said to add additional fixed (guard?) radios and setting it would be by setting freq on MIDS page (?).

All in all MIDS as additional two radios set by MIDS page

[sIGPIC]Luftgangsta[/sIGPIC]

Raisuli, I saw your post about a problem with zero volume on the SRS radios. I have had the same problem a few times over the last couple of weeks.

I think I found the source of the problem last night. I found that the "push-on/push-off" switches for the radios on the Intercom Control Panel (Rear Left of Left-Hand Console) were selected to "off". I have never found these switches in this position on start before, but they definitely were yesterday.

Next time you have this problem, try clicking on those switches and see if it cures it.

Raisuli, I saw your post about a problem with zero volume on the SRS radios. I have had the same problem a few times over the last couple of weeks.

I think I found the source of the problem last night. I found that the "push-on/push-off" switches for the radios on the Intercom Control Panel (Rear Left of Left-Hand Console) were selected to "off". I have never found these switches in this position on start before, but they definitely were yesterday.

Next time you have this problem, try clicking on those switches and see if it cures it.

SRS uses MIDS volume, not COM volume. Got that nailed down a while ago, so now I can go on the multiplayer servers where magic happens. Flying along, minding my own business, and my wings disappear.

Our group is having issues with SRS since last update:

Players intermittently lose radio contact with each other. Player A can hear player B and C. Player C can only hear B intermittently but hears A all the time. etc

Any idea ?

UHF radios?

Almost sounds like a network issue. I have to assume (because I don't know) SRS uses hub and spoke routing. Does this happen everywhere you try to connect, or only using specific servers?

Both VHF and UHF radios. Happening to everyone using the new (latest) version of SRS on our server. The few guys that havent done the update have no issues and hear everyone 100% of the time.

Sorry, UHF was meant as a joke (they tend to be line of sight). Best I can suggest is reverting a version, but it would be interesting to know if this is server specific. Apparently SRS has a discord if you need support from the developer(s).

SRS uses MIDS volume, not COM volume. Got that nailed down a while ago, so now I can go on the multiplayer servers where magic happens. Flying along, minding my own business, and my wings disappear.
Are you sure?

Please can you send screenshots showing the mids volumes and normal comms volumes and I'll change it if so (and its possible too)

Both VHF and UHF radios. Happening to everyone using the new (latest) version of SRS on our server. The few guys that havent done the update have no issues and hear everyone 100% of the time.
Please go to Discord for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

You shouldn't really mix versions and server and client should all be in the latest version

Are you sure?

Please can you send screenshots showing the mids volumes and normal comms volumes and I'll change it if so (and its possible too)

It's hard to get more sure. I change COM volume SRS volume doesn't change. I change MIDS volume and SRS volume changes. That's not a screenshot, it's a video.

I would consider it a feature, and something to be documented rather than changed. Given I'm apparently the only person who's noticed it's not much of a problem, either.

It's hard to get more sure. I change COM volume SRS volume doesn't change. I change MIDS volume and SRS volume changes. That's not a screenshot, it's a video.

I would consider it a feature, and something to be documented rather than changed. Given I'm apparently the only person who's noticed it's not much of a problem, either.

If you took a screenshot though I'd know what you were referring too :)