Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Have you tried running it as administrator?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Yes, that's how I would normally run it - before 2.5. It works right up until you assign a directory (thus populating the config file). As soon as you tell it where DCS is installed, it crashes, and stays crashed. :(

I've got an issue that I can't seem to solve.

I created a new profile for the F5E. I didn't like it so I deleted the profile. However, the format remains in the F5. How do I restore it to default size and position?

Thanks

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've got an issue that I can't seem to solve.

I created a new profile for the F5E. I didn't like it so I deleted the profile. However, the format remains in the F5. How do I restore it to default size and position?

Thanks

Markeebo

If you make a new profile for the profile it will have with the default settings. Don't make any modifications to the new profile and set it as the active profile using the taskbar icon. That will set the kneeboard back to its default location, size and colors.

Yes, that's how I would normally run it - before 2.5. It works right up until you assign a directory (thus populating the config file). As soon as you tell it where DCS is installed, it crashes, and stays crashed. :(

Same crash for me on 2.5 stable, and working fine with 2.5 open beta

Can you send me your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder?

For windows 10:

Right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Also looking to remove the maps from the kneeboard for a "im Missing" COOP mission, where the heli shoudnt know its own position at mission start

It is possible to remove the maps themselves but I have not found a way to remove the blank kneeboard pages that remain. If you don't mind having 4 or 5 blank pages in your kneeboard I can let you know how to do it.

Version 1.7.0.2 Released

Version 1.7.0.2 is now available.

-Fixed crash due to leftover 'CaucusBase' folder in DCS 2.5 installations.

-Fixed error and crash when trying to set standalone Flaming Cliffs aircraft profiles.

-Added basic error catching for unhandled errors.

Hopefully this will fix a few of the common errors causing crashes for people. Feel free to throw any problems at me here at the forums or via email at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Also, I have received a large number of bug and crash reports over the last several months so if I have forgotten about you and haven't fixed your problem please send me a reminder.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

ok I have this message now with 1.7.0.2 at first launch :

---------------------------

The developer must be a moron because there was an error!

Use Ctrl + C to copy this error and e-mail it to s13solutions@gmail.com :

System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.

à System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

à KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.FindDefaultKneeboards()

à KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.Initilization()

à KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel..ctor()

à KneeboardBuilder.Views.MainView..ctor()

OK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After a reinstal I have the same problem from 1.7.0.1, not working with 2.5 stable with this message at first launch :

And after an attempt to select stable folder, there is a crash then crash of soft at every launch !

kb.PNG.2cf174bbd9af490da9ed94fd2d328747.PNG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After a reinstal I have the same problem from 1.7.0.1, not working with 2.5 stable with this message at first launch :

And after an attempt to select stable folder, there is a crash then crash of soft at every launch !

Could you send me your 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.Config' file from the Kneeboard Builder folder?

Thanks!

If you make a new profile for the profile it will have with the default settings. Don't make any modifications to the new profile and set it as the active profile using the taskbar icon. That will set the kneeboard back to its default location, size and colors.
Makes perfect sense. Thank you! I'll check it out when I get back next week.

Markeebo

I just did a clean install on a clean Windows 10. I set up a new profile however, when I try to select a profile in the taskbar, it hangs and I need to kill it via task manager. Have tried running as admin, then not as admin, then compatibility for windows 7 (where it worked perfectly). As long as I don't select a profile in the taskbar, the app works great for only the A-10. But everytime I've tried selecting a profile, it hangs.

Enjoy Spat, I found an old version 1.7.0.1 on my work laptop, I try it and the software works now:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H0sgJyY4VmtVs274Qmz0ycQzWgcDpDfI

Au fait, je suis Loulou sur la 3rd wings ;-)

++

salut ;)

I already had this problem with 1.7.0.1 so not working for me :(

And @Nerkub, you gave me only the hotfix so I have a CTD with this exe ! :(

++

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

salut ;)

I already had this problem with 1.7.0.1 so not working for me :(

And @Nerkub, you gave me only the hotfix so I have a CTD with this exe ! :(

++

I just used the new 1.7.0.2 install version with just the old exe .. working for me.

Getting a "value cannot be null: path" error when I try to open a profile. The DCS install path seems to not want to save the folder I enter...it's blank every time I got back to the preferences screen. Kneeboard settings option is greyed out.

I'm running the program as admin. OpenBeta branch standalone DCS.