AGM 65H Mavericks

frog352000

Practice mission created by myself taking off from Batumi to the target airfield up the coast that has 6 T72 tanks. Set up the missile correctly (EO aligned, Master Arm On, DMZ visible on Hud and Mav page). I make Mav my SOI, slave all sensors to SPI (which is the current target waypoint), narrow my FOV and slew the crosshairs over the target.

The problem is I get no lock. I've tried it at different ranges and altitudes, but the crosshair refuses to lock onto the target.

I use the same procedure with the AGMD version, which is IR, and can get locks quite easily.

I know the AGMH version is Electro Optical but can anyone identify if I'm missing a step or are the light conditions just not optimal?

I have the mission set at 0630 in July so the morning light conditions seem optimal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

H and K mavs are pretty horrible in general unless you have the most pristine of lighting conditions, and locking from a slaved SPI can be particularly bothersome since they sometimes seem to throw themselves for a logical loop and think that they're already looking somewhere particular so TMS up shouldn't really affect them.

Common remedies include: jiggling the crosshar around a bit and let the EO seeker's own logic have a go, possibly with a couple of ground stabilising stops between each lock attempt; getting closer (no, a closer still… a lot closer — basically so close that you have no way of possibly slewing at a speed that would match the target's movement across your field of vision and you might as well have just brought some Mk82s instead); using force correlate since its precision is ridiculously overstated in the game; bring IR ones instead.

Your procedure is accurate. The missiles are not. There's some debate whether the free-floating lack of ground stabilisation when you slew is accurate, but that's a particularly nasty can of worms to open up. Really, the only reason to bring them is if a) you can't bring IR mavs instead, or b) you have no targeting pod and need some remedial zooming sensor to spot targets (in which case you still want to use IR mavs for the actual firing).

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 2 weeks later...

I find the H and K Mavericks useful for Force Correlate mode, then you can launch them (at stationairy) targets at ranges up to 14 NM depending on altitude and speed even with the A10. It is unrealistic, but they hit their marker all the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Today on the GAW server not flown the A10c for awhile and today i found out it was nearly impossible to get a lock , many moons ago it was simple the auto lock worked now even if i use man lock TMS up nothing works , also HARMs are missing targets i think 2.5 broke things also the lighting in the TDC displays are way off too bright or to dark .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .