Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 69 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #681
Asgar

Hey guys, i started using the Kneeboard Builder a couple of weeks ago and it's a great tool that has improved my flight experience.

With the release of the Viggen i created a set of kneeboard pages for procedures and weapons employment it seems like all the pages are added to the Viggens cockpit, but they're entirely see through, does anyone know how to fix this?
Asgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:35 PM   #682
Fakum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakum View Post
Same here, I also tested with and without MODS ( at least this time I did NOT loose my exports). It has to be something simple somewhere that I'm missing here?
I am at a loss, I need to get the kneeboard off the 2nd monitor. I can NOT find my FARPs without the kneeboard. Is there another way to move it outside of this MOPD that works, like editing a .lua somewhere and passes IC? Thanks.
Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)
Fakum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:01 AM   #683
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
I am at a loss, I need to get the kneeboard off the 2nd monitor. I can NOT find my FARPs without the kneeboard. Is there another way to move it outside of this MOPD that works, like editing a .lua somewhere and passes IC? Thanks.
Have you tried using the DCS Resolution offset in the Kneeboard Settings Page? (Page 24 of the kneeboard builder manual).

AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #684
Fakum

Thanks for that info. To be honest, I went through the manual for the install process, and configuration and also your Youtube segments (I did not see such a section when I looked through the troubleshooting section or through DCS Forums and Google search. I honestly dont know why I did not see this section. But I greatly appreciate the time you took to respond. I will look into this for sure. many thanks,
Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)
Old 02-07-2017, 12:14 AM   #685
Fakum

Ok, after a few hours, I am still nowhere unfortunately. I have created a kneeboard profile then I calculated where the offset should be, saved it and made it default for the KA-50. Kneeboard does not move at all? I then fussed around for long time just throwing arbitrary offset numbers in with the kneeboard in the sim not moving at all, but it moves around in the kneeboard profile screen as shown in the attached. I have disabled all MOD in JSGME and my monitor config.lua does NOT have any "Kneeboard" statements in the script. I don't know what I'm missing here?

Last edited by Fakum; 03-03-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:24 AM   #686
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Ok, after a few hours, I am still nowhere unfortunately. I have created a kneeboard profile then I calculated where the offset should be, saved it and made it default for the KA-50. Kneeboard does not move at all? I then fussed around for long time just throwing arbitrary offset numbers in with the kneeboard in the sim not moving at all, but it moves around in the kneeboard profile screen as shown in the attached. I have disabled all MOD in JSGME and my monitor config.lua does NOT have any "Kneeboard" statements in the script. I don't know what I'm missing here?
Are you selecting the profile from the task bar icon after you make your changes?
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:34 AM   #687
Fakum

from within your GUI, I make the offset changes, then save it and it is checked to be the default for the KA-50, then I use the close button in the bottom right corner, then open the sim.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:42 AM   #688
Fakum

I also just selected the profile via the method you mention above with same results
Old 02-07-2017, 10:20 PM   #689
Fakum

I am making some interesting progress, I will report back soon with details,,, I managed to get movement, but I'm not quite finished yet,,,
Old 02-07-2017, 11:48 PM   #690
Fakum

Ok, I have fundamental success! With ALL my MODS disabled via JSGME, I did a DCS 1.5 Repair. Started Kneebuilder and Still I could not get the map to move, even though it showed it was relocated in the Kneebuilder GUI.

Next, I decided to just break this down for the use of only the main monitor, so I opened DCS Options, changed my screen resolution to the main monitor resolution and selected 1 screen instead of my custom Monitor.lua used for Helios. Started it all up and WALA! I was able to cycle thru many Kneeboard positions with success.

Next, I went back into DCS options and changed my resolution back to my custom resolution for use with Helios and selected the Monitor Config I use for Helios (back to the configuration I always had). Now try and figure this out,, its working!!!

On to the next step, I was able to move the Kneeboard around via dragging using the Kneebuilder GUI, but changing the OFFSET values have had no impact on position at all. I can live with that!

So I find it very interesting that initially, I could get the map to relocate through the Kneebuilder GUI, but when the sim was fired up, it was NOT at that location, ALWAYS at default. I cycled between monitor setups back to what I started out with, and now I can at least move it off the 2nd monitor but not via OFFSET. I can live with that!