Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 67 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #661
Fakum

Ok, well it seems then I am the only one exporting. That being the case, basically what happened to me is once I created the kneeboard and was able to move it around within the kneeboard builder to the upper right part of the screen (or anywhere else for that matter) when I went into the sim, all my exports to the 2nd monitor stopped exporting, and when I hit RShft-K to bring up the keyboard, it kept coming up on the lower right side of my 2nd monitor? So 2 issues in my case, exports stopped working and kneeboard would not come up where I set it within Kneeboard builder GUI after saved?

I do love this utility, great work. I may be an isolated problem due to my configuration? I have sine restored my PC back to a previous image the day before I installed this so all is back to normal except I do not have this installed.

If anyone else is exporting, Id be interested in hearing of your success, thanks
Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)
Fakum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:58 AM   #662
EntropySG

It used to work flawlessly for me, but now I also seem to have the problem that my keyboard size and position won't be saved. Any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #663
EntropySG

I also tried to bypass the kneeboard builder app to modify the size by manually editing the ViewportHandling.lua file.

local kneeY
local kneeX
should define the size of the kneeboard, yes? No matter what Im putting in there, the size of the kneeboard won't be affected in either 2D or VR.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #664
Snoopy
Veteran

I can't get the knee board to resize or relocate either. I can get the colors to change but not the location.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:50 PM   #665
AlaskanGrizzly

Is the size and position not saving while using kneeboard builder by itself or while using it in conjunction with Helios?
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:56 PM   #666
Fakum

Is there a known compatibility issue with Helios? Sorry if I missed in the help file, I did not see any mention.
Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)
Old 01-24-2017, 10:13 PM   #667
EntropySG

not using helios, Im testing on a 4k screen or oculus
Old 01-25-2017, 12:47 AM   #668
Snoopy
Veteran

So I use Helios but I don't move it to a second monitor. Simply trying to make it bigger and moved slightly to the right so it'll show up in what I broadcast on twitch.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #669
Fakum

Thanks for the feedback Snoopy. I dont know what happened to me, must have been a fluke? I lost all my exports to my Helios monitor once I applied this MOD. I had to restore back to an image file a couple days before to get everything back. I have not tried again since.

Since your using Helios, it may be your monitor config that differes from mine regarding kneeboard position? My Helios is setup horizontally to the right of my main monitor. And for clarification purposes, I am NOT trying to move the map to the Helios monitor, thats where it shows up by default, I wanted to move it to the Main monitor to the left.

So the loss of exports for me had to be some kind of unfortunate fluke, I have never lost the exports until I implemented this, maybe next time it wont occur? Again, the other issue was that I could move the map position within the Kneebuilder GUI and save it, but while in the sim, it would just popup in the default location? So, I dont know?
Old 01-25-2017, 05:43 PM   #670
AlaskanGrizzly

Try deleting 'ViewportHandling.lua' and 'ViewportHandling_orig.lua' at ...Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit in your DCS install.

Then either repair your DCS World installation or copy the attached ViewportHandling.lua to that directory to get the most current, unmodified copy.
Attached Files
File Type: lua ViewportHandling.lua (2.6 KB, 222 views)
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote