Glad i waited

Bagpipe

Glad i waited all this time to buy the Mirage. I wish i always had the patience to wait until a module was in the later stages of development to try it out but seeing what i have been missing out on with the M2000 i may not always be as patient in future!

Man this thing is fun and good looking.

Real good work RAZBAM, thank you. :thumbup: :pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

With you there. The mirage had never appealed to me in DCS or real life. Bought on whim after the cockpit update but now a firm favorite alongside the Viggen, Mig21 and Tomcat. I just love how its ...wel....so French (ni the same way i love the viggen being so Swedish!

Baltic Dragon's excellent work (alongside his co-creating voice actors and testers) add a lot to a great package and, despite a few module bugs and some WTFs in terms of keybindings or lack or CW and CCW options thereof, its a hugely entertaining module.

Congratulations to all concerned.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Razbam has done a phenomenal job on the cockpit update. It's top notch quality, up there with the Tomcat and Hornet.

Now it's close to being a perfect module. They just need to add button press animations for the INS panel and revamp the in-cockpit engine sounds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad to know that, also I would appreciate you guys opinion :

I've been looking at the Mirage from some time already, and the tanksgiving sales really are eye-catcher.

So I would like to ask: for me which already have the Hornet, the Tomcat, etc, what does the Mirage 2000C brings to the table in terms of news / particular / interesting aspects ?

What more can the Mirage offer when comparing to the Hornet ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Glad to know that, also I would appreciate you guys opinion :

Thank you.

Bugs that take years to fix?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I would like to ask: for me which already have the Hornet, the Tomcat, etc, what does the Mirage 2000C brings to the table in terms of news / particular / interesting aspects ?

It's a fairly easy aircraft for newbies to learn and comes with a good SP campaign.

TWS (hornet's is due soon) and an older fox 1 / fox 2; 80's experience. You can replicate it somewhat in the Hornet/Tomcat by just loading Sparrows but the Hornet/Tomcat's radar far out performs the Mirage's.

Although I don't fly the Mirage as much as I used to, it's still a pleasure fly and I've no regrets buying mine.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Bugs that take years to fix?

I've read about them since last year or so when I first started to look at Mirage and Hornet.

But nowadays I think I've read here that a part of them are already solved... or does it still a lot of them to be solved yet ?

It's a fairly easy aircraft for newbies to learn and comes with a good SP campaign.

TWS (hornet's is due soon) and an older fox 1 / fox 2; 80's experience. You can replicate it somewhat in the Hornet/Tomcat by just loading Sparrows but the Hornet/Tomcat's radar far out performs the Mirage's.

Although I don't fly the Mirage as much as I used to, it's still a pleasure fly and I've no regrets buying mine.

I see... and about dogfight capabilities, is it something special like I read here sometimes ?

I've read some threads about its maneuverability (against the Hornet for instance), but was somewhat inconclusive - some say the Mirage is overpowered, others say the Hornet is too.

What captivates me so far (besides the price discount), is: its an European aircraft; interesting airframe; top speed; maneuverability; somewhat different HUD symbology; etc.

But I would also like to know more from what you guys see special in it, if possible.

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I see... and about dogfight capabilities, is it something special like I read here sometimes ?

Not IMHO, the flight model isn't bad and the HUD's energy chevrons give good feedback of when you are bleeding energy but it still mostly comes down to how well the pilot knows his own plane (and weaknesses of the opponent).

I've read some threads about its maneuverability (against the Hornet for instance), but was somewhat inconclusive - some say the Mirage is overpowered, others say the Hornet is too.

I'm only using it as a training platform as the radar is powerful enough to manage the BVR merge and 2x 530 plus 2x Magic forces weapon management i.e. no AMRAAM spam.

The Mirage gets used as a 'simpler' aircraft to the Tomcat but I'd say the Tomcat is more fun i.e. TCS.

What captivates me so far (besides the price discount), is: its an European aircraft; interesting airframe; top speed; maneuverability; somewhat different HUD symbology; etc.

Same for myself but do be aware it has bugs (new regressions and/or long standing), that you'll quickly notice as you become more knowledgeable/adept in it's use.

It's IMHO why opinions can be so divided on whether it's good/bad.

However if you set your expectations appropriately it's an enjoyable '-B' module.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Not IMHO, the flight model isn't bad and the HUD's energy chevrons give good feedback of when you are bleeding energy but it still mostly comes down to how well the pilot knows his own plane (and weaknesses of the opponent).

I'm only using it as a training platform as the radar is powerful enough to manage the BVR merge and 2x 530 plus 2x Magic forces weapon management i.e. no AMRAAM spam.

The Mirage gets used as a 'simpler' aircraft to the Tomcat but I'd say the Tomcat is more fun i.e. TCS.

Same for myself but do be aware it has bugs (new regressions and/or long standing), that you'll quickly notice as you become more knowledgeable/adept in it's use.

However if you set your expectations appropriately it's an enjoyable '-B' module.

Interesting points and my hesitation continues.

Thank you for the clarifying details Ramsay.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Yeah I agree here with the m2k and the harrier. Both are variously fine from a surface perspective, its once you get into the meat the bugs eat you up. The Mirage being less buggy than the harrier and more complete IMO. But one thing that I don't get is why not just fix the most egregious dumb bugs like CCRP consent not working for over a year. I know its not the major focus of the plane, but at the same time to leave it sitting there month after month doesn't really help things. I mean, I get it, you aren't getting new money to fix old bugs, but its not likely to make me buy the next plane either.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I am too new to the Mirage to talk about all its systems as still perfecting my take off and landings. The HUD for a start is very intuitive when you learn it, great for visualising speed maintenance vs. pitch etc.

I have the viggen, hornet, viper, mig19, harrier, sabre, mig21....well you can see in my signature...

And i am so glad i bought this thing. It is very cool and very fun to fl and seems like it will take some learning to master which i look forward to

I am too new to the Mirage to talk about all its systems as still perfecting my take off and landings. The HUD for a start is very intuitive when you learn it, great for visualising speed maintenance vs. pitch etc.

I have the viggen, hornet, viper, mig19, harrier, sabre, mig21....well you can see in my signature...

And i am so glad i bought this thing. It is very cool and very fun to fl and seems like it will take some learning to master which i look forward to

Very good then, so what does it make feel special to you when comparing whith the others you also have ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting points and my hesitation continues.

Thank you for the clarifying details Ramsay.

New Mirage 2000 pilot here.

There's no more hesitation - today was the day.

... the current Thanksgiving discount price is a bargain.

1- thank you guys, for your advice ;

2 - thank you RAZBAM for an outstanding jet fighter ;

3 - my "obsession" with agility is for now satisfied... this thing DOES have Instantaneous Turn Rate !

MiG-29 and F/A-18 can now take a rest.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

• 1 month later...
New Mirage 2000 pilot here.

There's no more hesitation - today was the day.

... the current Thanksgiving discount price is a bargain.

1- thank you guys, for your advice ;

2 - thank you RAZBAM for an outstanding jet fighter ;

3 - my "obsession" with agility is for now satisfied... this thing DOES have Instantaneous Turn Rate !

MiG-29 and F/A-18 can now take a rest.

Congrats man! Yeah it is a bit of a weapon indeed. Alot to learn.

Any time i am away from my hornet though for a few days, when i jump back into it, it feels like home lol. It is so technical and capable. Really like them both and the external models are great too :thumbup: