Switching between AIM120 and AIM9

davebert

Me and the 2 guys I fly with seem to be having problems again switching between the AIM120 and the AIM9. It seems that in the past it worked some of the time so we thought we knew how to switch them, but today we could not get them to switch. What exactly is the correct procedure to switch the weapons? Also, it seemed like we could not get the SOI to switch either. We have Warthogs and set them up like the early access manual.

Thanks,

DB

Edited by davebert

The NWS/MSL STEP button on the stick will switch between different stations of the same A2A missile type with short press and it will change between different A2A missile types on long press.

You should be able to switch which MFD is SOI with DMS Aft short and make the HUD SOI with DMS Forward short.

All of these functions are currently working in the sim, at least in the latest Open Beta release.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Press and hold the NWS/MSL Step switch/button for a bit and it should change weapons. If not, then probably WIP.

Thanks razo+r. That helps. I guess I was doing a short press.

The NWS/MSL STEP button on the stick will switch between different stations of the same A2A missile type with short press and it will change between different A2A missile types on long press.

You should be able to switch which MFD is SOI with DMS Aft short and make the HUD SOI with DMS Forward short.

All of these functions are currently working in the sim, at least in the latest Open Beta release.

Thanks Harker. I think the "long press" is what was messing us up. I appreciate it.

DB

Yup I’ve brought it up in the controller bugs and wishlist sections. I just mapped the osb button to the enable button on my Hotas. The sms page does have to be up on the appropriate mfd for this to work though.

I found USAF hotas functions (Viper & Warthog) much more convenient and intuitive compared to the Hornet which still involved pushing button on the MFD.

You, me and everyone else. If only the Navy allocated a larger budget towards a proper HOTAS integration...

Although the Hornet has some nice tricks for automatic target acquisition and management with AACQ and L&S stepping according to threat rank etc.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro