Ranger79 Base Objects Pack (Hesco's + others)

hokum52,

it should be working with all versions, 2.0, 1.5 and beta. let me know if it is not and we can take a look.

thanks

Falcon 76th

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

Hi some users of Upuaut helipad thread had an incling that the line bad argument pairs was related to rangers mod, COuld you check this out?

=== Log opened UTC 2016-03-31 11:53:20

00000.000 INFO VFS: Using 'Saved Games': "C:\Users\PAT\Saved Games"

00000.002 INFO DCS: DCS/1.5.3.51417 (x86_64; Windows/6.1.7601)

00000.002 INFO DCS: CPU cores: 4, System RAM: 8108 MB

00000.008 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:0

00000.019 INFO Dispatcher: 2016/3/31 12:53 V1508170900

00000.032 INFO INPUT: Device created Keyboard

00000.180 INFO SOUND: loaded 1086 sdefs from "sounds\sdef"

00000.226 INFO SOUND: Using driver: xaudio27

00000.228 INFO SOUND: XAudio2: Using device ID:'{0.0.0.00000000}.{b0a30a8a-0119-4e69-a506-97a2ed19c236}' Name:'Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)', channels: 2

00000.268 INFO SOUND: XAudio2: channel layout: Headphones/Stereo

00000.269 INFO SOUND: Using SSE FTZ/DAZ mode.

00000.537 ALERT DCS: Error running Scripts/Database/db_main.lua: [string "Scripts/Database/scripts/utils.lua"]:31: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

i attached the db main lau and utils

Real problem for me now, WOnt start with or without the mods before or after a repair , and i tried on the beta aswell with latest update. Help!!

db_main.lua

utils.lua

Edited by HOKUM52

hokum52,

Can you tell me:

what version of ranger pack are you using (2.3,2.4)

What version of DCS (1.5,1.5 beta,2.0)

any other mods installed besides this one, if so which ones?

how are you installing it (jsme, direct exctract, manual copying the files)

thanks

Falcon76th

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

1.5.3.51417.46 release version

1.5.3.51870.58 beta version (ydays update)

(Not tried on alpha my alpha currently unmodded)

Ive attached answers in those pictures.

I think this might be important information so i will mention here too.

Normally after an update my DCS will not start until i enable my MODS, its as though they contain something that fix it. The MODS that fix it are just these two : Upuauts helipads cargo and ranger,

My point is my game seems dependent on those two mods being compatable :S (not good)

Maybe that helps

MODSJSGME.png.1d46d5f2e134f00ffcaa76f9a6d08594.png

techMODS.thumb.png.8c3983197d49eff394f0c598ffc63b7b.png

2083047039_rangerpack.thumb.png.2fe0fa231be00ea6cc6d5a3168ee254d.png

Edited by HOKUM52

Hokum52,

I always remove my mods before any updates and then re-apply them after the update. We are having to modify an ED File because we are defining some new Chassis types and if the mod is applied and an update or repair is done then those chassis are not defined and the game crashes. This occurred recently before the 2.3 update. Ranger 2.3 update was to fix this and we have not found a way to use Custom chassis without defining them.

So if you are saying that when you update your game you have to re apply the mods this would be a true statement and will continue until we find another way to define custom Chassis.

thanks

Falcon76th

I do always disable then reenable after an update.

Strange thing is if I dont re enable then game wont start. This is how its been for last 6-7 months.

I dont understand why enabling hasnt fixed this time so I can only presume the mod is not working.

(For me anyway).

I rolled back my release version today and put back 2.2ranger on and its working but I wont do the update now until

I get this working in the beta first. Still all I can think now is to wait for another update, but given that there was one yesterday for the beta and it still doesn't work (with 2.4) im not very hopeful. And it is working for others on the latest release version but not for me so its concerning.

Thank you for taking a look.

Keep scratching my head for now

Edited by HOKUM52

Hokum52,

Ok, what I found when we had to do the 2.3 update:

Each vehicle has a chassi file associated with it, which defines characteristics like weight, speed, gears, max slope, acceleration etc. If the installed mod refers to a chassi lua that is not in the DB_units_Cars.lua then the game will crash. Most mods just use the predefined chassis but having a Toyota truck use t-72 frame would not be a very enjoyable drive.

With this information I would say that one of the Mods you have is not getting removed when you do the update and it is referring to a chassis lua that is not defined in the DB_units_cars.lua

To resolve the issue I would do the following as painful as it may be.

Remove all mods that are not ED (including manually installed mods). Review the DCS world\mods folder to makes sure only ED MODS are listed.

For example: ( not going to list them all)

under aircraft:

A-10c, BF-109k-4, etc. (these are the one's you purchased)

under Tech:

combinedarms (if you purchased it)

terrains

CaucasusBase

Once this is done I would run a repair using this Article:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Validate that DCS is functioning as expected. if not we will need to look somewhere else but this should work if the only thing you have installed is ED approved installs.

Now take each mod and install it one by one and each time you add a mod launch DCS. at some point DCS will fail to load and at that point we will find the offending Mod. Keep in mind that you should not install the Ranger Pack in this process as it will replace the list of available chassis and fix the issue. Once we find the offending mod we can look at the Lua and determine the chassis type or other config issue.

Good luck, and the more systematic you are the more successful the outcome.

Thanks,

Falcon76th

Hi i am very pleased and thank you for your help. I found the culprit MOD, it was the Beczel Mod, Two of the folders did not have capitals

I changed it and now it works.

However two of the vehicles dont appear, i wonder if you can help.

the first is the D-30 howitzer_2A18 (not in ME to select atall)

the other is the 9p148/BDRM2, which has a shadow and a tag in game but is invisible.

What might be the cause?

If this request is irrelevant here I understand.

Screen_160402_224621.thumb.jpg.eab886d99c4821eebb567d2885589e03.jpg

Hokum52,

do you have a place for me to download the mod? I can then take a look at the file structure and see what is missing?

thanks

Falcon76th

hokum52,

I took a look at the download and a few items seem to be amiss here:

One: The database cars file references the Ranger pack Chassis and they are not in the download this is an issue since the conflict of the two mods will cause one of them not to work.

Resolution copy the contents of the chassis file and paste in the Vehicles that needs these chassis files. (see the screen shot). This is only a problem because the same code will need to put in all the vehicle that reference the chassis, the plus you can get rid o the DB_units_cars requirement and the chassis folder. No more conflicts and no more dependencies on ED changing something. More then likely I will make this change on the next ranger pack update.

Two: it appears there was a secondary declaration of MAZ543M.lua

not a problematic other then you are overwriting the original which is ok if intentional but if not then it is not required.

Three: the two units in question "ATGM BRDM-2 9P148" and "ARV BRDM-1"

seem to have something wrong with the liveries folder. Not sure what or why at this time but both of these are showing as shadows and this is usually because it is unable to apply the correct texture for some reason.

will need more research to find a resolution for this issue.

recommendation: add the chassis information into the vehicle lua's that are affected. Remove the chassis folder and the DB_units_cars requirements for now.

thanks

Falcon76th

chassisdefined.thumb.PNG.96ef1ffbd07b67f62b35ddf2459e7d9c.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
Ranger79,

FYI so you can investigate ...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2746108#post2746108

Love the mod! Keep up the GREAT work!

Cheers,

Yup, always disable mod pack before updating Dcs.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATED to 2.4.1, 04/27/2016 (Confirmed working in newest DCS Versions)

D/L on first thread page. Thanks as always to Falcon76 for his work on this mod!

As a reminder:

****ALWAYS DISABLE MODS BEFORE UPDATING DCS****

• 2 weeks later...

So we fly the f18 mods. I have been told that they are not playing well with this pack. Apparently causing game crashes. I have not experienced it yet but others have. I miss this pack. What can I provide to you all to help track this issue down? Logs, etc.

Thanks,

Sage

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

DCS should purchase Ranger79's object pack and make it part of DCS. It's well done and worth the download to take a look at the objects.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Hi from France, Ranger79.

your mod allow to include objects and increase the quality of DCS. Thanks for that.

If you can, i have a little request for one of the next updates of your mod. I've already asked to ED in DCS but i have no hope they will agree to my request.

I would wish, for Las Vegas, some models of civil cars and a model of police cars, to include as non-armed vehicles in the mission. As you've already made many vehicles, perhaps it's more easy for you. I'd even suggested ED to include the Nascar cars in the mission editor but they're not talking about that. Your mastery with mods, gives you some facilities for one day including other vehicles. Thanks !

An other little question: I make a mission including the red truck of your fabulous mod but the dust effect behind it allows to spot the truck too easily from my helicopter. How can i do to erase this dust effect ? Thanks !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

An other little question: I make a mission including the red truck of your fabulous mod but the dust effect behind it allows to spot the truck too easily from my helicopter. How can i do to erase this dust effect ? Thanks !

It is an effect from DCS World. Independent from the mod.

Only way is, to reduce the speed to a point where the dust disappears, or maybe it's enough to slow it down a bit and reduce the dust vane.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

SAGEOT,

The lastest Version 2.4.1 should be independent of all other mods. Please remove any previous versions and install 2.4.1. if it still is not working I will need a copy of the mod that is not working. Also a description of the issue.

thanks

76th Falcon