The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

The Updater GUI has stopped working for me today. It died after I flew my first flight with 2.7 and the sim crashed. Now all I get is the splash screen before the process ends. I've tried deleting everything in the folder I'd stuck it in, redownloaded and tried again, but the same thing is happening. Anyone got any ideas?

Hi there! 

Sorry for the noob question. I bought the Spitfire a few days ago, and a few hours ago I decided to buy the Normandy map. The thing is, in both cases, I already had the files on my computer because when I downloaded 2.7, I said yes to the "download all modules" question (I didn't understand what I was being asked, figured yes was the safe answer. 147 GB later...). So when I downloaded the files, I didn't "own" them, but they were put there on my computer.

Anyways, now that I own both, do I need to do a repair to get things properly synced? Will the Normandy based missions that are normally included with the Spitfire be there? Ie will each of them "know" that the other exists? 

Thanks, and sorry again if this is a dummy question, I'm still pretty new to things here! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

@SkateZilla,  would it be be possible to add a feature to run different apps/scripts depending on if you are going into VR or not, and similarly after DCS has exited?  Thanks as always!

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 4/15/2021 at 1:13 PM, frostycab said:

The Updater GUI has stopped working for me today. It died after I flew my first flight with 2.7 and the sim crashed. Now all I get is the splash screen before the process ends. I've tried deleting everything in the folder I'd stuck it in, redownloaded and tried again, but the same thing is happening. Anyone got any ideas?

I am having the same issue

• Like 1

@John Paesanoand @frostycab:  Have you tried any of the Troubleshooting steps found on the first page of this thread? I had to use it once a year ago.

See below for summary:

Troubleshooting:

-In the event the App's Config File is Corrupted, You Can Delete it by Deleting the Following Folder:

/<Username>/Appdata/Local/Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud/

-In the Event the App Starts Up, but is off the Screen (Corrupted Position)

Right Click The System Tray Icon fo SZGS Updater, Choose "Restore Application Window" Option

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Change log 1.1.0.1040 / 5.3.2021:
-Adjusted Settings File, Will Require user to re-do all settings
-Updated UI Layout
-New Module Graphics
-New Button / Graphics Behavior

-Merged/Condensed Duplicate functions
-Unified Modelviewer Button/Functions (detects 1.0/2.0)
-Added Silent Updater Mode Option
-Added 9 New Campaign Assets
-Added T-45 Goshawk Asset
-Updated Copyright Name

-Moved Updater Specific Settings from App Settings to Updater Settings Menu
-Moved / Renamed Oculus and VR Settings on App Settings Menu
-Fixed an Oculus Launch Path Error
-Updated URL Links to ED Forum Posts
-Custom Application Buttons Moved to Main Home
-Custom Application Buttons Import Icons

The "Home" Tab Layout will also be adjusted, working on some other items to add to it.

DCS_Updater_Main_v1040.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

@SkateZilla:

I Downloaded, installed and setup the updated GUI utility in 5 minutes.  Works for me! 

Thanks for the Updates to the interface. The Custom Application button import of icons works great too!

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Hey @SkateZilla, thanks as always for this, a couple of minor things, it didnt carry over settings, which was minor to correct, also minor it didnt detect any FC3 modules nor FC3 ?   Love the new UI and Icons! 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hey @SkateZillaThanks for updating the tool that I use everyday and promote it to everyone!

I wonder if there is a way to start a VR session with a specific set of DCS settings and similarly a VR-off one with another.

Maybe it's there and I don't know how to do it.

Edited by diamond26

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

Nice update. Thanks.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 5/4/2021 at 2:22 AM, speed-of-heat said:

Hey @SkateZilla, thanks as always for this, a couple of minor things, it didnt carry over settings, which was minor to correct, also minor it didnt detect any FC3 modules nor FC3 ?   Love the new UI and Icons! 

I can partially confirm this. FC3 does not show as active. It also does not change if you check and select install, although it does go through the process. What does show up, at least for me however, are any FC3 aircraft that I purchased individually.

On 5/2/2021 at 3:16 AM, YSIAD_RIP said:

-In the event the App's Config File is Corrupted, You Can Delete it by Deleting the Following Folder:

/<Username>/Appdata/Local/Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud/

Many thanks. This worked for me. I'm afraid I completely failed to see that on the original topic post.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 2:22 AM, speed-of-heat said:

Settings File was changed, as many under the hood things have changed, and rather have everyone fight through adjusting, it was best to tell the app to start fresh.

Also, it should detect FC3 and / or individual FC3 Modules.

On 5/6/2021 at 12:24 PM, VeeSPIKE said:

I can partially confirm this. FC3 does not show as active. It also does not change if you check and select install, although it does go through the process. What does show up, at least for me however, are any FC3 aircraft that I purchased individually.

Will double check FC3 Detection routine.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Thank Guys, Identified a Cross link in scan code between 3 modules, link will be fixed in next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hey Guys, Brand new to DCS and Windows 10 as well. Am currently configuring and have downloaded this updater. Fantastic job, by the way! 

I moved my DCS saved games folder from the C drive to my D storage drive. When I entered the location in the "Saved Games Folder Path" column, the status shows "red" with a boxed "R' next to it. The folder path is D>Users>bertr>Saved Ganes>DCS. And the DCS folder contains multiple sub folders. Have not played the game yet so no saved games. So what have I screwed up?? Any help would be appreciated! thanks 

Hey Guys, Brand new to DCS and Windows 10 as well. Am currently configuring and have downloaded this updater. Fantastic job, by the way! 
I moved my DCS saved games folder from the C drive to my D storage drive. When I entered the location in the "Saved Games Folder Path" column, the status shows "red" with a boxed "R' next to it. The folder path is D>Users>bertr>Saved Ganes>DCS. And the DCS folder contains multiple sub folders. Have not played the game yet so no saved games. So what have I screwed up?? Any help would be appreciated! thanks 

How did you move the "Saved Games" folder. Just a move through Explorer or right click/properties and then "relocate" or something?
And you might need to start DCS once. Apart from the "Ganes" typo it looks correct. DCS (or DCS.openbeta) would be the correct folder. Post screenshots perhaps?
Cheers

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hi,

Anybody could help me with the custom presets or direct me to a guide of some sort?

I mean, I have seen that we can change a custom preset name, but how can we customize a given preset?

I explain : I have an oculus headset but I have setup the utility to use steamvr api and not oculus one. When I click on "VR" button it launches dcs with steamvr api just fine. But when I click on the big "LAUNCH" button it launches dcs with oculus api. I would like that big button to launch dcs with steamvr instead.

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

the VR_MODE Function does not apply to the Normal Launch Button, it's only part of the Launch VR ON/Function.

As for presets, once a preset is selected, launch DCS, Configure, exit. select another preset configure, exit, repeat as needed.