Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I was looking at a large world map we have at work and noticed that the area of the Caucus map and the NTTR map are of similar size. If we use that as a clue, that is to say it is logical that a new map would be of similar size, and the clue from LNS that their next map was "very cold and very oceany(sic)" then the two areas that make the most sense is the gap between Alaska and Russia and the Baltic Sea. I think I have to call this one for the Viggen.

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

I was looking at a large world map we have at work and noticed that the area of the Caucus map and the NTTR map are of similar size. If we use that as a clue, that is to say it is logical that a new map would be of similar size, and the clue from LNS that their next map was "very cold and very oceany(sic)" then the two areas that make the most sense is the gap between Alaska and Russia and the Baltic Sea. I think I have to call this one for the Viggen.

That's the exact reason I was considering the Baltic Sea as well:

Right size to put a map.

High activity in the area, especially during the cold war era.

High variety of geography: Ocean, cliffs, woods, cities etc.

And, if the new module is the Viggen, it fits right in. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:D

QOI9hSP.jpg

It has a crew ladder now! Are we going to get crew animations outside the aircraft!?!?

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

747 with all 3 pilot slots flyable and clickable plus 400 seats for multiplayer with Hostess interaction confirmed!

We are going to need longer airfields!

I was hoping for an airborne laser!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

When will we have this in your 3ds windows? ilotfly:

And yes, to all you F-16 fanboys - this is another Swedish jet :)

I'm not sure what that is, but I see machine guns! I want it!

Edit:

I found the rest of it! Very interesting looking little bird! The gun pod rocks though!

59de2a412e44de68b8d4299c81053ba6.jpg

Edited by Cool Breeze

Leonardo Da Vinci

John F. Kennedy

If its not Viggen , Draken , Mig-23 , Mig-25. I log out , but I still respect LN for Mig-21 and F-14.

Ill do with these two.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Imagine if that was one of the new modules they announced. It would be hilarious to watch everyone's panties get knotted up in a bunch at the same time. I'd welcome it to be honest. It might bring some of the FSX crowd over to DCS... you know, like a gateway drug. It is a nice little airplane. I flew in one from Little Rock to DFW about 20 years ago.

I'm with you, obviously I'm excited for combat aircraft such as the Viggen. But I wouldn't complain about getting something like that. With the flight models, and in depth systems we are treated to in DCS, I would welcome almost any aircraft down the line as it is a pleasure to just go out and fly some times. And like you said, it may draw in new customers which would only be a good thing. Maybe in future when we have a few more in demand aircraft and some more maps etc.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Imagine if that was one of the new modules they announced. It would be hilarious to watch everyone's panties get knotted up in a bunch at the same time. I'd welcome it to be honest. It might bring some of the FSX crowd over to DCS... you know, like a gateway drug. It is a nice little airplane. I flew in one from Little Rock to DFW about 20 years ago.

It'd be interesting to see a new type of aircraft such as transport or cargo aircraft added to DCS series. Something like flying C-130 combat supply drop, landing on unprepared airfield and etc. would bring new perspective into DCS. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

It'd be interesting to see a new type of aircraft such as transport or cargo aircraft added to DCS series. Something like flying C-130 combat supply drop, landing on unprepared airfield and etc. would bring new perspective into DCS. :pilotfly:

DCS Sticky grass would make short landings a breeze

Hello,

I don´t know why, but I have the feeling that one of the modules is the F-5.

I can also be wrong.:music_whistling:

Isn't it BST who is working on F-5?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

Hello,

I thought the same thing back in April :):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2372564&postcount=216

However, some new clues have arrived that is pushing me away from the F-5E (besides the Belsimtek label on the F-5E in Wags' module manager) - though it still matches better than most aircraft proposed on this thread.

The clues that don't match the F-5E (not well at least) are:

1. Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar (there are reports of an upgrade to the F-5E that included these features, but no evidence that it happened or reports of operational aircraft with the upgrade - would have been a very small minority of operational aircraft and not include the modern F-5N).

2. Far more complex avionic and computer systems than in the MiG-21 (reference to F-14?, F-5E doesn't have terribly complex avionics - though perhaps complex compared to the MiG-21)

3. New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations (Viggen is a delta with canards - pretty novel for it's time. The F-5E is very conventional. F-14 matches this in some ways).

4. New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution (This sounds like the Viggen's thrust reversers - nothing on an F-14 or F-5E matches this).

Anyway, since I need to qualify all my comments...:music_whistling:

Still could be the F-5E, that would feel quite left field after all the talk around here, but certainly could happen.

I'd be happy with either.

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

Hello,

As Thaisocom pointed out, it's already been established that Belsimtek are working on the F-5E

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2419180&postcount=26

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2419797&postcount=57

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2423733&postcount=101

Move along now, please... :)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I thought the same thing back in April :):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2372564&postcount=216

However, some new clues have arrived that is pushing me away from the F-5E - though it still matches better than most aircraft proposed on this thread.

The clues that don't match the F-5E (not well at least) are:

1. Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar (there are reports of an upgrade to the F-5E that included these features, but no evidence that it happened or reports of operational aircraft with the upgrade - would have been a very small minority of operational aircraft and not include the modern F-5N).

2. Far more complex avionic and computer systems than in the MiG-21 (reference to F-14?, F-5E doesn't have terribly complex avionics - though perhaps complex compared to the MiG-21)

3. New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations (Viggen is a delta with canards - pretty novel for it's time. The F-5E is very conventional. F-14 matches this in some ways).

4. New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution (This sounds like the Viggen's thrust reversers - nothing on an F-14 or F-5E matches this).

Anyway, since I need to qualify all my comments...:music_whistling:

Still could be the F-5E, that would feel quite left field after all the talk around here, but certainly could happen.

I'd be happy with either.

-Nick

I would have simply pointed out that Belsimtek is doing it/maybe doing it/have done the v1.5 AI model :thumbup:

As Thaisocom pointed out, it's already been established that Belsimtek are working on the F-5E

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2419180&postcount=26

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2419797&postcount=57

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2423733&postcount=101

Move along now, please... :)

None of those things have been confirmed. Is it unreasonable to think Wags would throw in a bit of misdirection?

I agree that LNS is more likely doing the Viggen and Belsimtek is probably doing an F-5E, but until they officially announce it it's all open for debate and conjecture. ;)

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

None of those things have been confirmed. Is it unreasonable to think Wags would throw in a bit of misdirection

Yeah, nothing's official yet, but I find it very hard to imagine that Wags would be stupid enough to tease an aircraft that isn't actually in production. This crowd's hard enough to keep satisfied when you give them legitimate information. God alone knows what would unfold if people started teasing non-existent modules. :shocking:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yeah, nothing's official yet, but I find it very hard to imagine that Wags would be stupid enough to tease an aircraft that isn't actually in production. This crowd's hard enough to keep satisfied when you give them legitimate information. God alone knows what would unfold if people started teasing non-existent modules. :shocking:

That's not what I said. :)

I agree that Wags is not likely to do that, but perhaps mis-direct us on who is developing it? That's not the sort of thing that would generate outrage the community.

That said, I agree that Belsimtek is the likely F-5 developer. Too much to discuss why?

-Nick

I agree that Wags is not likely to do that, but perhaps mis-direct us on who is developing it?

What possible benefit would he get from doing that? I guess anything's possible, but I can't see any possible logic behind such a move.

That's not the sort of thing that would generate outrage the community.

Are you sure?

Can you imagine the chaos around here if ED suddenly announced that development of the F/A-18 had been handed over to one of the more questionable third-party developers? :D

What possible benefit would he get from doing that? I guess anything's possible, but I can't see any possible logic behind such a move.

Are you sure?

Can you imagine the chaos around here if ED suddenly announced that development of the F/A-18 had been handed over to one of the more questionable third-party developers? :D

People will forgive them if it's because they're working on F-16 :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:D

QOI9hSP.jpg

Sorry my english.

If i see correctly not only ladder is the new, i think many covers have, pitot, air intake, AOA sensor, window cover, and wheel chocks. I hope those things we can ask for ground crew.

Fantastic!