MSFFB2 fps drop

gavagai

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FPS loss was only a problem for msffb2. It has never affected other ffb sticks.

Maybe I'll end up springing for a G940 hotas.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 1 month later...

Still an issue with the msffb2 drivers. On the other hand, I don't have this fps drop in any of the other flight sims I play, so there must be a way around it.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the continued effort. I will download the beta in order to help test it out.

If it helps, DCS is the only flight sim I know of that changes the stick centering position when I trim the aircraft. That is just awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

18/04/2014 Update Problem

Hello ALL

After Today's update, the FFB shaker is gone:( and FPS is improved.

No cheers today

GP

My rig:

WIN 10 64bit

I7 6700k

Gigabyte GTX 1080 TI

16GB RAM

650W PS

MS FFB2

Indeed it's a bug, but it has been fixed in the internal version about an hour ago ;)

Thanks c0ff

Hope to get it soon:noexpression:

By the way, when the Shaker is fine/low FPS:( , it is impossible to play other games like IL-2 after playing DCS because the all joystick Is inoperable ingame and a PC restart is needed:mad:

Regards

GP

My rig:

WIN 10 64bit

I7 6700k

Gigabyte GTX 1080 TI

16GB RAM

650W PS

MS FFB2

As I understand this is relevant for the P51 only?

The A-10c module seem to be working, the work around to get the P51 FFB working is to jump into a module the FFB is working on first and then move to the P51.

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Thanks c0ff

Hope to get it soon:noexpression:

By the way, when the Shaker is fine/low FPS:( , it is impossible to play other games like IL-2 after playing DCS because the all joystick Is inoperable ingame and a PC restart is needed:mad:

Regards

GP

Go to control panel, and then the properties menu for the msffb2. Click Ok. Then your joystick functions correctly again.

Yes, DCS does something to mess with the driver for other flight sims.

----------------

Tested:

I get a small delay when I press a key or press a joystick button, similar to 1.2.6 (but not nearly as bad). Is this better in the internal build where stick shake is fixed?

Edited by gavagai

• ED Team
Go to control panel, and then the properties menu for the msffb2. Click Ok. Then your joystick functions correctly again.

Yes, DCS does something to mess with the driver for other flight sims.

This is definitely a problem in the driver. We'll search for a workaround.

----------------

Tested:

I get a small delay when I press a key or press a joystick button, similar to 1.2.6 (but not nearly as bad). Is this better in the internal build where stick shake is fixed?

Here's the thing: the Sidewinder's driver (or the hardware itself)

a) is single-threaded

b) has very slow FFB calls, up to 0.03 sec long

This leads to a couple of things

1) when an application updates FFB state it can't read from the joystick

2) if it works with the joystick from the main thread, the framerate caps at about 40 fps.

So either you have that FPS drop, or you have a input delay (depending on your FPS it may vary between 0.03 and 0.1 sec)

Right now, all joysticks with FFB are worked with from a separate thread, I may limit this to MS FFB2 only. Also, I'll try to play with FFB update rate to find an optimal scheme.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

It is perfect now! 60 fps, no button input delay, no problems when I go to fly a second sortie.

Don't touch anything!:pilotfly:

Same here, massive input delay as soon as the FFB is starting to go to work.

The stick itself might "only" have a second of delay, but keyboard inputs only get through once FFB forces stop coming.

If it was only the 0.03 second delay c0ff mentioned i'd be perfectly fine with it.

Bummer guys. We should start with your system specs so they can be compared to mine and gprr.

Mine:

Win 7 64bit

i5 2500k @4ghz

3gb r9 280

z68 mb

8gb ddr3 (1600mhz)

msffb2

ch pro pedals

trackir 5

• ED Team
In finale version 1.2.8, i still have input delay/lag with my ms ffb2, this is very annoying.

The only thing that fix it is to lock the fps to 30.

Any advices ?

Same here, massive input delay as soon as the FFB is starting to go to work.

The stick itself might "only" have a second of delay, but keyboard inputs only get through once FFB forces stop coming.

If it was only the 0.03 second delay c0ff mentioned i'd be perfectly fine with it.

This is very strange... Anyway, you can disable "advanced" ffb-joystick code by creating or editing the file

Saved Games\DCS\Config\autoexec.cfg and placing the following line at the end of the file:

input = { threaded_ffb = false }

But you will get that FPS drop with MS FFB2 back again.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• 2 weeks later...

What was mentioned in the previous post i now have again...

during the use of 1.2.7 i had also a massive Input delay, as described before... with the update 1.2.8 it was gone... but since a few days it came back during the use of my msffb2...

of course only when ffb was enabled in the Options...

has some1 an Explanation why this mess came back again... in the meantime i havent installed an update or anything else

• 2 months later...

Well day one with my new FFB2, it is pretty awesome but... every now and then sim will FREEZE for 3-5 seconds with FFB2, anyone ever had this? May be it is due to 1.2.9 but I am pretty sure it never happened yesterday when I had Logitech plugged in.

Specs :

Win 8 64

i7 3630QM @ 2.40 GHz

8GB RAM

Radeon 7670M

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script