Theatre Map question

I am new to the DCS world. I understand the ADF but my question is on the Theatre Map f10 you are suppose to be able to see your location on this map. I do not. How do I bring my location up on this map so I can get a better understanding of where I am?

Thank you.

Hi morocka.

In your gameplay options, you will see some settings for the map view; you can set this to show nothing, your own AC only, your own coalition only, your own coalition and any detected OPFOR units, or everything.

Note that on multiplayer servers, the server administrator can enforce these options to override your own settings.

When I look at the mission planner i see that. The ONLY time i see that icon is when I run the Nato campaign. At no other time can i see the icon on my f10 map. Not in single player or Argo campaign. I have no clue what to do.

Edited by morocka

Any mission made by someone else could potentially have view options enforced...I haven't flown any of the Argo campaign so I can't personally attest to the map view setting of those ops.

To see if you have a bug or if it's just settings enforced in the missions you're playing, open the Mission Editor and click the helicopter icon on the left side.

Click on the map to place your helicopter group, then select the UH-1H from the menu that appears on the right side. Set the AI skill level to "client" or "player" and save the mission.

After saving, click the green check mark on the side to fly the mission. It should drop you into your new helicopter group, and you'll be able to check the F10 map to see if your icon is where you think it should be.