DCS: M-III by Razbam ?

Flyschool

Who says temporarily?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk

Nobody, there's no need to panic, I'm sure you're not aren't going anywhere

Edited by Northstar98
Ssshhh nobody saw anything

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirage IIIC? yes please!

Cant wait :)

Whilst low priority for me personally I would welcome a IIIC or preferably IIIE or in an ideal world, both

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

As far as which ride comes first, assuming all of the projects under consideration started around the same time, I guess it all comes down to which project has the shortest of all the various projects longest poles, in the proverbial tent. ;)

Recon, I may be mistaken but, as far as I remember, HAE5904 is actually working for Razbam :).

Pfft! Welp, now I feel like a probably censored word, so I'll use the word simpleton :doh:

EDIT: LMAO!!!

As far as which ride comes first, assuming all of the projects under consideration started around the same time, I guess it all comes down to which project has the shortest of all the various projects longest poles, in the proverbial tent. ;)

Eh, I'd say so, if they're being done simultaneously - which in itself is more resource intensive. Developing multiple aircraft in parallel, even if they are the same has worked, but for some it really hasn't

Edited by Northstar98

System:

Oh yeah I'm well aware of that SF2/IL-2 and DCS are totally different ball games (DCS being the superior one :smilewink:) But many aircraft versions are basic copy and paste but with perhaps small model alterations, engine performance changes or avionics. Some are of course much different (F/A-18C compared to F/A-18E for instance). But I'm guessing for many aircraft types it is essentially copy and paste but with some slight change. (...)

As someone who makes planes (mods) for IL-2, I can say this:

Making a bunch of versions, when you have a base model, is rather easy and is not really an issue here. What is an issue is the fact that whenever you find a problem in one model, you have then to go and fix it on every single version you made. Things like compatibility issues for example. Yes, fixing it is then just CTRL+C/CTRL+V when you find the solution, but it can get really annoying and confusing, especially when the codes have many differences. And yes, even simple codes as in IL-2 can get confusing; now imagine a code of thousands of lines across let's say 5 versions of a plane - you have to go and find corresponding pieces of code in all the five versions among the thousands of lines of code. Immense workload and room for error is giantic.

Yes, this might sound very simplistic, but at the core, all flight games are rather similar, just have different complexity to it. :book:

EDIT: Oh, and 3D models. The biggest pain in the a$$ when making separate versions :D

As someone who makes planes (mods) for IL-2, I can say this:

Making a bunch of versions, when you have a base model, is rather easy and is not really an issue here. What is an issue is the fact that whenever you find a problem in one model, you have then to go and fix it on every single version you made. Things like compatibility issues for example. Yes, fixing it is then just CTRL+C/CTRL+V when you find the solution, but it can get really annoying and confusing, especially when the codes have many differences. And yes, even simple codes as in IL-2 can get confusing; now imagine a code of thousands of lines across let's say 5 versions of a plane - you have to go and find corresponding pieces of code in all the five versions among the thousands of lines of code. Immense workload and room for error is giantic.

Yes, this might sound very simplistic, but at the core, all flight games are rather similar, just have different complexity to it. :book:

EDIT: Oh, and 3D models. The biggest pain in the a$$ when making separate versions :D

I don't doubt that it's increased workload for variants, more so for DCS being more sophisticated. I'm not saying it's an easy task in anyway, just seeing that if an aircraft and versions of that aircraft have significant amount of features that can be reused or require only minor alteration, then could it be considered? Maybe for a lower price providing at least one variant is full price (e.g the Viggen, if you've bought the AJS-37 and lets pretend a JA-37 is available, maybe be able to purchase that at a reduced price providing the AJS-37 has already been purchased. Just an example, maybe it might work out in the real world... Then again I'm sure the market for versions is probably more of a concern...

System:

• 2 weeks later...
Perfect for Israelis like me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And us Aussie's

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Mobo Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

Kit TM Warthog, TM Pedals, Oculus CK1, ButtKicker Gamer 2 and then there is the pit

Are you going to include an E version in the end alongside the CJ? Now there is A/G Radar technology available in the Viggen and also coming with the F-18. I hope they make the E as well :)

Viggen radar code is proprietary to HeatBlur. The F-18C radar code isn't out yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The Mirage III will be awesome, legendary and famous plane used for many things by many countries! And facing Mig21 with her will be very interesting and exiting !

I've got a MIII panel (dunno the version, maybe a B or E), I will try to make it takes life again with DCS ^^

20180301_114006.jpg

(and yes, this is an air refueling probe on the right, from a Jaguar, and it still smells Kero':wub:)

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

• 3 weeks later...