Oculus with Warthog Flight Stick and Throttle

fitness88

Is utilizing in the blind the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Flight Stick and Throttle controls with its many buttons/switches, too difficult with Oculus Rift and do people use this HOTAS with other modules other than A-10c as well?

Thank you.

Edited by fitness88

Not difficult at all for VR. Actually it works great, and also with other mods. I've been using it for a long time. No issues.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Is utilizing in the blind the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Flight Stick and Throttle controls with its many buttons/switches, too difficult with Oculus Rift and do people use this HOTAS with other modules other than A-10c as well?

Thank you.

I had no problem at all, but had been used to flying the Warthog as a true HOTAS for many years , so it was a fairly easy transition for me. Had all my needed commands assigned to my buttons along with using the paddle as a modifier to expand the number of commands.

I used to for the KA-50 and the Spitfire primarily. Have since upgraded to the Virpil T-50 and having no problem with it either.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have never encountered any problem ever with TM bindings being insufficient in number.

They are easy to use with VR and when used a few times are remembered easily and become second nature.

I most often use my curser to click cockpit controls even though I have them binded to the TM.

What are they selling for in the U.S.?

Currently about 450 USD on Amazon, 438 USD on Newegg.

Can find them on some good sales from time to time.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Currently about 450 USD on Amazon, 438 USD on Newegg.

Can find them on some good sales from time to time.

Is there only the one Warthog Flight Stick and Throttle, or are there different models. I want to prevent getting the wrong or an older model by mistake?

I see it needs 2 separate USB ports, can it work on USB, 1, 2 or 3?

Also I think it needs to have independent foot pedals as there is no twist action built into the joy stick?

Edited by fitness88

Is there only the one Warthog Flight Stick and Throttle, or are there different models. I want to prevent getting the wrong or an older model by mistake?

I see it needs 2 separate USB ports, can it work on USB, 1, 2 or 3?

Also I think it needs to have independent foot pedals as there is no twist action built into the joy stick?

The only other offers would be one can buy the stick or throttle separately. All same models.

Yes, no twist axis for rudder so pedals would be needed.

Don B

Hey dburne with the limited supply of pedals in my area, do you have any opinion on this product. Also, are all the HOTAS buttons and switches able to be mapped to other commands than for what they were intended...or are some hard coded?

Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder (PS4/Windows/PC)

pedals.JPG

Description & Features+

You’re cleared for immediate takeoff: The first rudder to feature the S.M.A.R.T (Sliding Motion Advanced Rail Track) slide rails system for smooth steering. System of 4 slide rails crafted of industrial-grade aluminium for perfectly smooth sliding motion. Two differential brake pedals: Large differential brake pedals: 10 inches/25 centimeters (12/45 shoe size). USB and/or proprietary RJ12 connectivity: Compatible on PC with all joysticks on the market. Also compatible on PS4™ with the T.Flight Hotas 4 joystick*/**. Advanced Calibration Software: adjust the dead zones. T.A.R.G.E.T advanced programming software for PC***: lets you program the axes of rudders and differential brakes.

`The first rudder to feature the S.M.A.R.T slide rails system for smooth steering

• Ergonomic design allowing you to put your entire foot on the pedal, thanks to the heel-rests

• Heel-rests are removable, for alternative ergonomic configurations: put your entire foot on the pedal, or rest the ball of your foot at mid-pedal

• Differential braking: 2 large pedals (10 inches/25 centimeters)

Capture.JPG.e33d2db19961963871d1bbb3476dc25e.JPG

Edited by fitness88

Hey dburne with the limited supply of pedals in my area, do you have any opinion on this product. Also, are all the HOTAS buttons and switches able to be mapped to other commands than for what they were intended...or are some hard coded?

Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder (PS4/Windows/PC)

pedals.JPG

Description & Features+

You’re cleared for immediate takeoff: The first rudder to feature the S.M.A.R.T (Sliding Motion Advanced Rail Track) slide rails system for smooth steering. System of 4 slide rails crafted of industrial-grade aluminium for perfectly smooth sliding motion. Two differential brake pedals: Large differential brake pedals: 10 inches/25 centimeters (12/45 shoe size). USB and/or proprietary RJ12 connectivity: Compatible on PC with all joysticks on the market. Also compatible on PS4 with the T.Flight Hotas 4 joystick*/**. Advanced Calibration Software: adjust the dead zones. T.A.R.G.E.T advanced programming software for PC***: lets you program the axes of rudders and differential brakes.

`The first rudder to feature the S.M.A.R.T slide rails system for smooth steering

• Ergonomic design allowing you to put your entire foot on the pedal, thanks to the heel-rests

• Heel-rests are removable, for alternative ergonomic configurations: put your entire foot on the pedal, or rest the ball of your foot at mid-pedal

• Differential braking: 2 large pedals (10 inches/25 centimeters)

I bought them due to limited budget and I regred I did. Complete crap. Very toyish feeling, center is hard to find, and after a month of use the center is a bit off to the right.

Not very precise and very narrow pedals.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought them due to limited budget and I regred I did. Complete crap. Very toyish feeling, center is hard to find, and after a month of use the center is a bit off to the right.

Not very precise and very narrow pedals.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the feedback...any suggestions?

i use VKB mkiii no words i say will do it justice , 3 years now and its rock solid like day one , everything in is hard steel so no matter how much force u will use on it it will suck it up .

the axis is deadly accurate with a very solid feeling to it and the center is accurate as well. the only thing ppl complain about is that it doesnt have a toe brake which i dont have a problem with since i have a Thrustmaster Warthoh set i use the extra axis ( the small lever on the right side i dont know what its called ) on the throttle as a brake axis. I also use a rift so no problem there

i use VKB mkiii no words i say will do it justice , 3 years now and its rock solid like day one , everything in is hard steel so no matter how much force u will use on it it will suck it up .

the axis is deadly accurate with a very solid feeling to it and the center is accurate as well. the only thing ppl complain about is that it doesnt have a toe brake which i dont have a problem with since i have a Thrustmaster Warthoh set i use the extra axis ( the small lever on the right side i dont know what its called ) on the throttle as a brake axis. I also use a rift so no problem there

Thanks I'll check it out in more detail, looks sturdy like the crosswind pedals.

BTW...I noticed the dual throttles seem a bit loose as opposed to the joy stick being tight and precise. Does this looseness affect precision speed control?

I know what you talking about and no it doesn't affect the precise control of the speed . i fly the F15 and i have each throttle assigned to left and right engine control . when they are both locked by the pin and moved together i get the same precise engine rpm reading on both .

BTW...I noticed the dual throttles seem a bit loose as opposed to the joy stick being tight and precise. Does this looseness affect precision speed control?

Have you found the friction wheel? I have no issue with the throttles on the Warthog setup. A very useful addition to the joystick are extension tubes, which give a much precise feel to your inputs, and I'd recommend the MFG Crosswind pedals. Well built, precise, and supported by a great after sales service - not that I've ever had the slightest hint that I'd need any support.

The other highly recommended tip for any VR user is to take a look at voice activated commands. I rate the Voice Attack system as easy to use, and totally reliable.

Also, if you position the HOTAS just right, you can use your in-cockpit view to reach for the switches seamlessly too.

Have you found the friction wheel? I have no issue with the throttles on the Warthog setup. A very useful addition to the joystick are extension tubes, which give a much precise feel to your inputs, and I'd recommend the MFG Crosswind pedals. Well built, precise, and supported by a great after sales service - not that I've ever had the slightest hint that I'd need any support.

The other highly recommended tip for any VR user is to take a look at voice activated commands. I rate the Voice Attack system as easy to use, and totally reliable.

Also, if you position the HOTAS just right, you can use your in-cockpit view to reach for the switches seamlessly too.

I take it you're referring to flying the A-10c by having the virtual and real HOTAS aligned.

The Crosswind pedals look great but it's a lot to spend at once, the Warthog HOTAS and the Crosswind. I don't have pedals and want to buy something equal in quality to the WH itself and am willing to wait for that. Presently I have the X-52 Pro and have a twist joy stick for pedals? Too bad the WH doesn't have something for rudder.