Civilian Vessels in Persian Gulf

Bunny Clark

While working on a mission I was a bit annoyed to find that almost no blue coalition nations for the Persian Gulf have access to any civilian ships. US, Kuwait, UAE, and Saudi Arabia all have only military vessels available to them. I ended up adding Ukrainian cargo vessels to the mission, which really doesn't effect anything, but still feels weird.

It would also be cool if we could add some of the large tanker ships that are built into the Persian Gulf as static objects or naval vessels so we could include them in missions.

Just so you know, the USAF Aggressors have access to all units in the game. You can use them to supplement Blue side with any units you want, this is one of the ways this "country" was intended to be used.

Having more options is always good though.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Yup, I've already got them on red coalition to make up for stuff that Iran doesn't have access to.

I'm also encountering another problem - the positions of civilian ships in satellite view and with show units enabled in the mission editor does not match where they actually end up in the game. I'm having to offset things like effects and other vessels so that things line up correctly.

Yeah - I was also surprised, that there were no civilian tankers, cargoships etc. for the various countries.

I mean - now we have a real scenario on "our" part of the gulf map and we don't have the assets to build missions? xD

Good to know about the USAF Aggressors. I didn't know that this faction has access to all assets in game.

But maybe we can get some more civilian ships and planes in that respect for mission building. Would be nice to be able to realise these units without mods.

Is this really from the first second in game? My observation is, if you place ships too close to each other they try to separate, causing them to crash into each other frequently. You could try to disable their AI via trigger (on mission start) or set them as static objects instead of units.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

I'm also encountering another problem - the positions of civilian ships in satellite view and with show units enabled in the mission editor does not match where they actually end up in the game. I'm having to offset things like effects and other vessels so that things line up correctly.

I've seen something similar when placing static helos on a FARP.Sat view in the ME position did not match the position in game. I needed to fiddle around quite a bit to have them where I wanted to.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Is this really from the first second in game?

It's not, since it takes some time to fly out to them as I test the mission. I'll try disabling their AI or making them static objects and see if that helps.

I did, in an earlier mission, have the same issue with a single ship and a static effect. I needed to set my smoke plume off the ship by almost a full ship length to get it to match up.

It's not, since it takes some time to fly out to them as I test the mission. I'll try disabling their AI or making them static objects and see if that helps.

I did, in an earlier mission, have the same issue with a single ship and a static effect. I needed to set my smoke plume off the ship by almost a full ship length to get it to match up.

Or just start the mission and watch them for a bit in F10 view without flying anywhere. Then you’ll understand what’s happening

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

While working on a mission I was a bit annoyed to find that almost no blue coalition nations for the Persian Gulf have access to any civilian ships. US, Kuwait, UAE, and Saudi Arabia all have only military vessels available to them. I ended up adding Ukrainian cargo vessels to the mission, which really doesn't effect anything, but still feels weird.

It would also be cool if we could add some of the large tanker ships that are built into the Persian Gulf as static objects or naval vessels so we could include them in missions.

I submitted a feature request to ED to add those ships as placable objects a while ago. Hopefully they will follow through.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Hey, I finally figured this out!

Part of it was me being stupid. Though none of the ships had waypoints, I had not set their speed to 0, so they started with a bit of movement.

Adding a trigger to turn off their AI also helped out a lot.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Actually, it would be so nice to have many civilian units for mission design. Military is all about protecting the citizen, but mostly no civilians object are available.

It made me scratch my head many time while designing missions...