F-16 Release

MikePotten

Once I see the additional screenshots and video on Friday, it will be an instant buy for me then. I want to fully support development of the F-16. I honestly expected the F-16 early access release to still be a couple of years a way, so this was a huge and unexpected surprise for me. I purchased the Hornet and Tomcat and was getting into naval aviation, but that was mostly because the F-16 seemed so far off. Flying the Hornet and Tomcat have been a great experience, but I will have to put those in the hangar as I will be moving full time to the Fighting Falcon this fall.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The F16 (FALCON 3.0 1992) was the first "simulator" I put time in it...so I guess it'll be an instant buy for me too, love this plane so much :)

Edited by nanucq

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2666Mhz, GTX 2070 Super, SSD 1To, TrackIR 5, TM16000M HOTAS

Will be an instant buy for me, too. The F/A-18C and AV-8B will keep me busy until then. :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I hope in the future there's more F-16 block to be released. like 40 or MLU with low price like 10-15 bucks as long as you already have current block 50 as primary DCS F-16. Its not really complicated to be developed I guess.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

What would the block 40 bring? Now USAF block 40 for the late 1990 would be cool or block 40 for now would be cool, USAF block 40 for the same years will be the same in weapons and many systems.

A USAF block 10 from 1980 would be excellent since its never been modeled.

I personally super excited about the DCS F-16C block 50 with CCIP circa 2007...long name like, fells like I'm introducing Daenerys.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Jesus Christ lol. The F-16 is so best selling fighter around the world that its really alot of variant can make confusing.

How about block 40 that has lantirn and I kinda like fancy bigger HUD, which one is that?

What F-16 that can carry AIM-7 for like BF scenario? And which F-16 can carry antiship missile? Thats sure interesting enough for future release at least for me.

Jesus Christ lol. The F-16 is so best selling fighter around the world that its really alot of variant can make confusing.

How about block 40 that has lantirn and I kinda like fancy bigger HUD, which one is that?

What F-16 that can carry AIM-7 for like BF scenario? And which F-16 can carry antiship missile? Thats sure interesting enough for future release at least for me.

"How about block 40 that has lantirn and I kinda like fancy bigger HUD, which one is that?"

Well the only two F-16 variants with the WAR hud is the Block 40/42 and the Turkish Block 50

What would the block 40 bring? Now USAF block 40 for the late 1990 would be cool or block 40 for now would be cool, USAF block 40 for the same years will be the same in weapons and many systems.

A USAF block 10 from 1980 would be excellent since its never been modeled.

I personally super excited about the DCS F-16C block 50 with CCIP circa 2007...long name like, fells like I'm introducing Daenerys.

A block 40 from 1990/1991 would be bad ass...full LANTIRN suite, TFR, etc...

meh block 40 still too similar to a blk 50, if any additional variants of the F16's be sold at a full price I would rather they just go for an F16A block 10-15 after the BLK 50.

or an F16A upgraded ADF since that would at least have FOx 1', but still offer an old school F16A experience.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Blk 50 was a good choice, I understand the decision for this.

We can hope for Blk 52+ to 60 in the future maybe. I'm sure with the obvious success in sales this module is going to enjoy (I have no doubt it will become ED's top seller), I think chances are good we will get upgrades.

"How about block 40 that has lantirn and I kinda like fancy bigger HUD, which one is that?"

Well the only two F-16 variants with the WAR hud is the Block 40/42 and the Turkish Block 50

Some ROKAF block 52 also have WAR HUD. Not all Turkish block 50 have it, I think only 50+. They are made by TAI.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

27 countries, 40 years of service, constantly update at different rates with different updates. YEs, there are many versions

USAF Block 40/42 from late 80's to early 2000

What F-16 that can carry AIM-7 for like BF scenario?

Depends on the country and block and year. USANG ADF block 15, Iraqi Block 52 now, ROCAF block 20, Egypt Block 40. I am sure there are more.

And which F-16 can carry antiship missile? Thats sure interesting enough for future release at least for me.

Not sure about that one

To whom it may concern,

My dream is a D type of some blk with multiplayer cockpit sharing like F-14/L-39...

Exactly my wish +1 :thumbup:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Not sure about that one

HAF block 52+ADV carry SLAM/ER IIRC, or maybe earlier versions... and with the new block 70/72+ upgrade should have more advance antiship capabilities.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Christ, the thing isn't available for preorder yet and people are "hoping" for different variants in the future?

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Christ, the thing isn't available for preorder yet and people are "hoping" for different variants in the future?
Lol, well its human nature I guess.

Thanks for Mvsgas for the answers.

Cheers

Pre Order

I'm asking about "Pre Order" date advertised as for Today 05-22-19, in the respects of hoping that ED didn't run into trouble to cause a different kind of delay, as in permanent. :cry:

Usually my emails from ED are pretty tight, and when they state that a date is set for Pre order, usually they will want your monies and want to sell a product I'm thinking as that has been my past experiences for many years. It usually happens like clock work, but this is too quiet so it makes me wonder.

When they put the Hornet out for Pre order, or any of those other modules,they didn't "dilly dally did they?

F16-C Block 50 D. "D" for "Dilly Dally":megalol:

"Where's the Beef"??!!:(

• ED Team
I'm asking about "Pre Order" date advertised as for Today 05-22-19, in the respects of hoping that ED didn't run into trouble to cause a different kind of delay, as in permanent. :cry:

Usually my emails from ED are pretty tight, and when they state that a date is set for Pre order, usually they will want your monies and want to sell a product I'm thinking as that has been my past experiences for many years. It usually happens like clock work, but this is too quiet so it makes me wonder.

When they put the Hornet out for Pre order, or any of those other modules,they didn't "dilly dally did they?

F16-C Block 50 D. "D" for "Dilly Dally":megalol:

"Where's the Beef"??!!:(

In order to include a video with the start of the pre-order, we had to move the kick off the pre-order to Friday, 24 May 2019.

Thanks