1.2.6 Huey Problems - Please read first!

Lizzard

Hello,

with 1.2.6 a few things changed for the Huey, and a lot of People have serious Problems with that. So I want to cover the most common Problems, because I am a little bit tired of answering the same Questions over and over and over again:)

Problem 1 - Missing Control inputs (this step is a MUST)

With 1.2.6 some new Control inputs were added to the Huey, in Order to get them all, you have to rename or delete your Keyboard and Joystick Folders in "....Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\UH-1H\ Don`t worry the Game creates them new on the next restart, and you only have to reassign your custom settings for the Huey.

Problem 2 - Skins

with 1.2.6 the slick or unarmed Version of the Huey was introduced, that made some Changes in the handling of the Skins (the description.lua file changed). You have to do the following:

For the stock or delivered with DCS UH-1 Skins, take a look at this post from the great Esac_mirmidon :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1862984&postcount=16

or a similar approach from zaelu

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114329

For your custom Skins you have to tweak the Description.lua yourself...this is quite easy..take a look here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1861606&postcount=7

Problem 3 - Pilot sight does not work

Step 1 - make sure you solved Problem 1

Step 2 - look here (Thanks Robert)

Problem 4 - you solved Problem 2 but still have wrong Skins in your Missions

Open the Mission in the Mission Editor, and reassign your favourite Skin. That mostly solves the Problem. Or you reassign the Skin right before you start the Mission (Mission Planer)..that also will do the trick

Last but not least the almighty DCS one trick pony...if you have any other strange Problems with DCS go to System Drive/.../saved Games/DCS and rename that Folder to DCS_old or something. Then restart the Game and the DCS Folder is recreated automaticaly. Check what happens then.

These are the most Common Problems in 1.2.6 Just make sure you follow these Steps and everything is fine:)

If I forgott something feel free to Post here!

Thanks!:joystick:

Edited by Lizzard
  • Like 1

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

problem 6

buggy campaign missions from mission 6 and above where you have a flight leader

thanks buddy for the uploaded fixed mission

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

In my honest opinion, BELSIMTEK or ED should stop to release BETA version of a module. They should release it when it's done!

Personally, I realize that I must wait for it in patience (for months if necessary without any complaint). I mean maybe that's our fault. We want, they release Beta. And that's why we have too many complaints.

That's my thoughts...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

And I am totally against that idea.. If you want to wait for the finished product so be it. But don't limit the rest of us based on your own feelings. I want to fly the aircraft as soon as it is ready to fly.. Even if it isn't the COMPLETED project. Everyone needs to be mature adults and determine if they have the patience, discipline etc. to use a beta product and if not then be honest with yourself and wait for the finished product.. (and more power to any folks that want to wait for the finished product. It is personal preference and not everyone has the temperament or TIME to test a product.)

Folks DO need to understand what BETA means and what the possible ramifications are before hitting the purchase button though... All of these folks crying that they had to pay for a BETA and then are confused or worse, ticked off because they THINK they have to pay for the final version need to do some research first.)

In the end it is always the same issue... Folks need to take some responsibility for their own circumstances...

Also, BETA testing is the best way to test on multiple machines with the most diverse hardware and software... If you wait until the "Final" version with no BETA testing, then the final version would have TONS of issues and everyone would be upset that the fianl product was junk...

There is no shortcutting testing and releasing a BETA is the best way to do this..

Edited by outlawal2
More to add

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I understand both Sides here, but as I said in an other Thread..this whole Discussion about Beta Stages, Development and release is somehow Paradox...on one side you have the Guys who scream for the final release, and on the other side there are Guys who spam the wishlist for new features. So o.k. BST could say "Hey in 2 Weeks we release the Final Version of the Huey"..but nothing really would change when they do so..Development would go on, with every update some new Features, Bugfixes or even more minor Bugs would be implemented and so on. DCS is a life long growing Software Plattform..so are the Modules...and because of that every Module is somehow a BETA Version forever. Just my 2 Centssmile.gif

My Specs:

In my honest opinion, BELSIMTEK or ED should stop to release BETA version of a module. They should release it when it's done!

Personally, I realize that I must wait for it in patience (for months if necessary without any complaint). I mean maybe that's our fault. We want, they release Beta. And that's why we have too many complaints.

That's my thoughts...

that's right, if you want a polished version you should have patience but they are also many people who appreciate to be able to buy a helicopter in beta phase.

That's my thoughts...

There is no need to do such decisions. The fault is not at developer's side, but on the side of users who don't understand the meaning of the word "BETA"...

:megalol: unbelivable..the current update broke all uh-1 Skins again..great Job:music_whistling:

Actually, it is more likely that the update removed your 'fix' which is what it does to all of your mods.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah..

Strange that such obvious easy fixes are repeated for serveral updates.

It´s good to have the minigun siund back, but I think some sounds are still gone. F.ex I can´t hear the clcik when I press the trimmer button anymore.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I know that I just have to fix my fix..what I meant to say was..the Skin Issue was one of the greatest mishaps in 1.2.6 and BST seemed to ignore it:)

I could see your point if they had fixed a lot of other things, but they didn't.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The only issue that I have with this release is the in cockpit sound is way to loud. If I reduced the world sound in the options page, then the sounds are too low in the A-10C. Looking for a solution.

I'll post this again in hopes of getting an answer.

I'll post this again in hopes of getting an answer.

Reduce all sliders to 50% then adjust up to your liking from there.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

RShift+M, then power on and turn up brightness with the mouse, wave it around till you get the green cursor.

I mean the name of the command as it is written in the "Action" column in the controls tab of the options menu. Not the actual keyboard command.

I want to map the command to my joystick. Sorry for not being clear enough.

Hi,

open the Controls Tab in the Options of DCS make sure you selected UH-1 Sim and klick on "all" then press RShift + M. The Cursor then jumps to the Command. If nothing happens you did not solve Problem 1

My Specs:

• 3 weeks later...