1.2.4 & UH-1H - AMAZING!!!!!

Anatoli-Kagari9

Well,

I ran the auto-updater tonight around 04:15AM and it was certainly faster than last night when I couldn't see any progress during the initial transfer.

1) The installer runs in two steps - step1 downloads & installs the new installers, step2 actually updates your DCS version. When step2 begun I noticed very slow transfer rates, and eventually cancelled it. After that I ran again the updater (from EDs Program Files folder) and this turn around transfer rates increased substantially.

2) The installer when downloaded ran smoothly and everything was ok. The new Module manager requests your ED passwd. It is a straightforward process.

3) I had downloaded the UH-1H installer yesterday, so, I quited DCS World, ran the EXE and from within the game filled the license field. Activation was successful, and from there on, guys... I'm on a new dimension...

4) For the UH-1H, make sure you first assign your collective axis. Throttle can not be assigned to an axis (at least I didn't find how to), but that's fine :-)

5) If you'r looking for how to override graphics settings in graphics.cfg, please make sure you read "graphics_readme.txt" under the "Config" folder... It'll teach you how to do it startin v1.2.4 ;-)

Sorry for being so extreme but... trash all of your other simulators... Forget it... the rest is history...

The UH-1H which I took for a couple of flights is simply ASTOUNDING / REMARKABLE / PERFFECT / GORGEOUS.... Well... diferent dimension here :-)

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

...no need to excuse yourself mate!

I feel your joy. So damn hard to get this bird under control. Started yesterday evening and it gets better and better right now. It's a challange to just fly around and land where you want. Can't imagine to really fight with it by now, but we all know: I WILL! :megalol:

Just don't know how to deal with navigation/nav points yet...:cry:

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

$49 is a bit too much :(

I understand you, but, believe me, the level of detail, the quality of the flight dynamics model, and everything about DCS World now 1,2,4 and this add-on in particular are more than worth the buy...

How many of us have spent much more for MSFS or X-Plane add-ons in the past?

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

$49 is a bit too much :(

Yeah i was surprised at the price for this 3rd party addon for a pre purchase beta. I'm not simming enough to justify another addon at this price.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Yeah i was surprised at the price for this 3rd party addon for a pre purchase beta. I'm not simming enough to justify another addon at this price.

Exactly, I was more thinking like $29.90 for pre purchase beta and then $39.90 for the final product.

Will it be $59.90 for the final version now? :noexpression:

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Well when you think an new Xbox game is $60 -$65 (at least it is here in the uk) $49.99 for something this detailed with a relatively small customer base seems like a good price to me.

For the price of a meal out for 2 you get to learn how to fly the iconic Huey!

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Yeah it makes me wonder too, many people would quite happily splash out much more money per week on cigarettes and alcohol (or other vices :P) or going out spending much more than this in one evening without even thinking about it :D

Edited by Mustang

Beta is irrelevant as far as price is concerned, as there will not be any further cost to get the final version.

Black Shark and A-10 were originally stand alone, rather than modules for DCS world. Would you find the price fairer if this were standalone?

I think the price is fair, though I'm undecided on whether ill purchase. (Probably will)

DCS Mustang is $40....but last month it was $9.....so I believe the price will change for those who wait....But I flew my KA-50 last night with a bunch of Hueys and I'm very plz with the new add on....

The double mini gun loadout is quite a sight....the new Huey is very cool...

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

Well when you think an new Xbox game is $60 -$65 (at least it is here in the uk) $49.99 for something this detailed with a relatively small customer base seems like a good price to me.

For the price of a meal out for 2 you get to learn how to fly the iconic Huey!

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree. I do think Xbox games are a rip off though compared to the same product on the PC.

I do wonder though how ED even manage to get their products out there to prospective audiences. I mean, when was the last time you saw a DCS product even advertised? It seems that it's only known in the flight sim fraternity. Although if you ask some FSX fanatics if they have heard of DCS World, they would look at you with a blank expression.

I fully support ED and if they need to price at this point to remain a viable business then so be it.

Well when you think an new Xbox game is $60 -$65....

Exactly, and how much "replayability" (yes I made up a word) is there in most of those games, none! I think people forget that. I paid almost 60 dollars for DCS A-10C over two years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. I paid around 70 dollars for Bioshock Infinity and am already bored with it.

Anyone with any love for rotors must buy this. For 50 USD it's a steal.

Love the voice overs in the first campaign mission and hope the rest of the missions are equally done. And don't forget the sound - Good Morning Vietnam in the Caucasus is what it feels like.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

A quick report on 1.2.4:

I ended up doing a full reinstall after I discovered the auto-updater was going to take 20ish hours. I finally got the torrent downloaded and fired up DCS to be greeted with very smooth performance.

Thanks ED team/testers!

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

$50 is out of the question. $40 would have been more reasonable. I imagine there's quite a few lost sales out there as a result of this unfortunate pricing decision.

The price is governed by how much work it takes. If you don't like it, you can always wait for a sale.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• ED Team
The price is governed by how much work it takes. If you don't like it, you can always wait for a sale.

I wonder if licensing had anything to do with the price as well... either way, even though I cant afford the Huey this paycheck I will be getting it next payday, the quality is astounding, the wait... excruciating :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I don't want to hear "get to the choppa!" screams on my TeamSpeak radio...

:D

get-to-the-choppa.jpg

NZXT Phantom Red Case

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU

GeForce GTX 770

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ATX Intel Motherboard

COUGAR SX850 850W PSU

CORSAIR Dominator 24 GB RAM

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Cooler

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive