[SOLVED] NAV SYST - Error since 2.5.5

viper2097

If I'm doing a flightplan with the F10 map, it seems that B1 to L1/2 are read in correctly, only LS is not.

On my "HSI", the indicator for the direction of the runway just points somewhere. Until 2.5.4 it pointed into the runway direction.

Also with Bana/Gräns I'm not able to change the runway direction. (Just reads out 000000)

Both work for L1.

As soon as I'm standing on the runway, lined up and ready for takeoff, I swith to NAV and press the refference button. Then I get a NAV SYST error and it won't go away.

If I'm doing that with a pre-planned mission from the ME, it shows me some figures in Bana/Gräns, but the indicator still points somewhere. At least, I also don't get a NAV SYST error when pressing the reference button.

So does anyone else have this problems?

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

As soon as I'm standing on the runway, lined up and ready for takeoff, I swith to NAV and press the refference button. Then I get a NAV SYST error and it won't go away.

This happened to me as long as I can think back for any 2.5.x versions (hopefully IRC).

I am constantly avoiding pressing the reference button while being lined up.

The NAV system - when standing there - shows correct indications on the HUD and the HSI (in this case exactly straight ahead if LS was set correctly) and NAV mode was not selected too early.

IIRC there is a 2 minutes timeframe where one should select NAV and line up on the runway.

And yes, the error will not disappear, whatever you would do.

Hm, you may try a handstand while putting your finger into your nose and singing the song "Lapaloma" ... ;-)

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

What I did until yet:

Planned the Mission in the ME or did that with the F10 map.

Never planend anything with LS, only with B1, M2, Bx6, L1.

Selected the correct cartridge in the kneeboard.

Start up the aircraft and taxi to holding short.

Set Nav from BER to NAV. Looked at the little yellow bug on the HSI. This indicated normale the runway direction, or the opposite direction.

Lined up on the runway and pressed the reference button.

The yellow bug jumped to the actual heading.

Take off and everthing is fine.

Now, the yellow bug does never show the runway direction, and if I have planned the mission with F10, I get that NAV SYST error when pushing the reference button.

Also if I switch from NAV to ANF the red light on the HSI goes on and never ever goes out again.

Very annoying... Especially as I really enjoyed flying the Viggen until yet and had nearly none problems with it...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules