3D Vision 2 Glasses Not Working >>> Solution!!

Maybe this will help somebody.

Has been driving me crazy for 3 days. Had to re-learn how these worked and how to do the setup.

I am age 67, my memory not so great anymore, but I can still think things through...

-+-

I got my 3D-Stereo to finally work without using this guy's mod thingy, though I may try his mod just to experiment with it.

I have Nvidia's 3D Vision 2 wireless glasses (Part Number: 942-11431-0007-001) Copyright date is 2011.

Wanted to try using 3D glasses again in game. My glasses are wireless. Though USB cable does charge them up.

Been fighting this thing for 3 days.

I reloaded this driver I had saved from earlier : GeForce Experience 362.00 dated 3/7/2016

I have a single GTX 970 on my 2011 Alienware Aurora i7-2600 w/16GB ram running on a SSD Samsung 860 EVO

Read this:

=======

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/02/dcs-25-3d-fix-wip.html >>>>>>> not linking, I see.

Do it long-hand... :

============

GameList "tab"

DCS World 2.5

from here:

=======

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/0...x-manager.html

Helix Mod : 3D Fix Manager

==================

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/05/3d-fix-manager.html

( https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/05/3d-fix-manager.html )

Also, read this thread :

===============

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...Vision+glasses

I set my Nvidia Control Panel to Enable Stereoscopic 3D and set "Only while full-screen 3D programs run" .

Also, in "Set Keyboard Shortcuts", check the checkbox to "Enable advanced in-game settings" .

Once in game, hit Left Alt and Enter together will enable Full Screen at 60 FPS locked in.

Works now!! (Gonna' have to get me a VR setup... )

DieHard

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi DieHard,

Those mods at HelixMod Blog are fixes for games in 3D Vision games.. Yes you can run the game without those fixes but some games most 3D things are Broke like shadows don't look quite right or similar..

In DCS That mod is mine and Lefunestes mod it fixes some thing but a lot of things are still broke..

Yes to get Stereo in DCS to work you need to go in Fullscreen mode for 3D to kick on.. now if you want to see a Broken effect go in a plane during noon time on a clear day and bank left or right and look at the Horizon, did you just see a big blue band extend up from the Horizon..

If you did not see it look again it is there and the mod you seen on Helix mod fixes that issue and a few others..

If you have any question on 3D vision have you ever been to the GeForce Forums and the 3D vision forums in particular? If not hop on over we are the last of the holdouts as I am unsure if you heard the news but 3D Vision is Officially dead and been announced they will no longer support it and update it past 425.31 drivers..

Well any questions let me know and VR is the new wave ;) looks awesome in VR. VR will only get better from here looking forward to VR 2.0.

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

--snippage--

Works now!! (Gonna' have to get me a VR setup... )

DieHard

DieHard, what is your computer spec? If it's the same PC you're thinking for the VR.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hi DieHard,

Those mods at HelixMod Blog are fixes for games in 3D Vision games.. Yes you can run the game without those fixes but some games most 3D things are Broke like shadows don't look quite right or similar..

In DCS That mod is mine and Lefunestes mod it fixes some thing but a lot of things are still broke..

Yes to get Stereo in DCS to work you need to go in Fullscreen mode for 3D to kick on.. now if you want to see a Broken effect go in a plane during noon time on a clear day and bank left or right and look at the Horizon, did you just see a big blue band extend up from the Horizon..

If you did not see it look again it is there and the mod you seen on Helix mod fixes that issue and a few others..

If you have any question on 3D vision have you ever been to the GeForce Forums and the 3D vision forums in particular? If not hop on over we are the last of the holdouts as I am unsure if you heard the news but 3D Vision is Officially dead and been announced they will no longer support it and update it past 425.31 drivers..

Well any questions let me know and VR is the new wave ;) looks awesome in VR. VR will only get better from here looking forward to VR 2.0.

Thanks for the reply and your explanation and thanks for your helpfulness if I need it in the future.

+1

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your Welcome glad there are other 3D users still around ;)

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

DieHard, what is your computer spec? If it's the same PC you're thinking for the VR.

Do let me know if you can DieHard. I'm curious what CPU/Mem/GPU you have as you shoot for the VR rig.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 2 weeks later...
Do let me know if you can DieHard. I'm curious what CPU/Mem/GPU you have as you shoot for the VR rig.

Alienware Aurora R-3 (a little bit upgraded modded) :

=================================

i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz (Sandy Bridge)

16 GB RAM Dual-Channel DDR3

2TB 860 EVO SSD

Asus Stryx GTX 970

850 watt PSU

Motherboard = Alienware 046MHW (CPU 1)

Still running Win 7 Pro, but will be upgrading to Windows 10 Pro on a separate SSD, probably another 860 EVO and a fresh new install of DCSW.

-+-

VR - I am just thinking about it...

-

A new machine one of these days...

Question is, at me at age 67, will I outlive it? If I make it to age 80???? LOL!!

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]