Today!! Hornet updates? - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-12-2018, 12:45 PM   #71
GazAce

Default Think before I leap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esac_mirmidon View Post
And i understand that GazAce.

But you should consider one thing. There are a lot of people here willing to help anyone with any kind of issue or problem if ask for it in a positive manner. I know DCS sometimes progress could be frustrating.

This is because is not only a "game" is our passion also, and because we love so much quality flight simulation, sometimes long developing process, bugs, issues, problems, not having our favourite things quick enough, etc take its tool on our nerves.

But in the end this is a hobby for fun, ED and Third Parties are always doing they best they can and all together can make this process more comfortable helping each other than rolling down through all bad habits sometimes anyone can express.

I appreciate your comments brother and I should have known better than to post that, was a bad call and just dumb and I still feel stoopid for it. The truth is.. I love DCS, the third parties, devs and all connected, because it's their efforts and sometimes truly unsung and unacknowledged efforts which have brought me many happy times and lots of enjoyment. Now even more so learning this beautiful new Bug, I couldn't be happier. I reckon the F\A-18C Hornet is the best and most awesome module I have ever spent my money on in here in DCS World and I thought nothing would top the A-10C. This is truly a remarkable AC and I can't say enough good things about it as I'm discovering more and more each day.
So from now on if I run into a snag I'll run up a white flag and ask for help instead of waving around a red one.
Peace out
Intel Core i7-7700k 4.2 GHz / Asus Prime Z270-AR DDR4 M'b Aura Sync / G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB kit x 2 - total 32GB Aura Sync / Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX 1080Ti 11GB Nvidia Aura Sync / S'sung SSD 500GB EVO / WD 3.5" Blue 2TB HDD / Corsair Crystal 570X Temp Tint Glass Mid Twr RGB Fan cooled (2 x fans added 1 cool, 1 extract) / Asus PG348 ROG 34" Curve G-SYNC 100Hz 3440x1440 UWide DP Mon / WIN HM 10 64bit / HOTAS TM Warthog Throttle & Stick / TrackIR5 ProClip
GazAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #72
Dispatch

nothing Positive to say
Old 10-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #73
Raisuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
nothing Positive to say
I'm still patiently waiting for them to fix some binding in the -18. A couple switches are toggles and don't have options for on/off, and since I've built the prototypes for the cockpit controls...

Launch bar, fuel dump...I have a list, and I'm still hopeful.

DCS doesn't handle control names well either, but that's a completely different request. In XPlane my multitude of microcontrollers get the right names, in DCS the names are the USB bus GUIDs, which makes figuring out which one is which a challenge sometimes. DCS also won't recognize more than 6 axis per controller; also a pain. Ah, well.

Generally, only positive things to say. If having to rebind a few controls for a game is the worst thing that happens in my day it's a pretty awesome day.
Raisuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #74
Mr_sukebe

So, confirmed that we’ll get JCHMS and Mavs in the next 3 weeks, with ATFLIR and Harms coming later.
Does make me wonder how we’re meant to target with the Mavs. My assumption is the same way we use Mav Ds with the A10c and A10a
Old 10-12-2018, 02:33 PM   #75
backspace340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
So, confirmed that we’ll get JCHMS and Mavs in the next 3 weeks, with ATFLIR and Harms coming later.
Does make me wonder how we’re meant to target with the Mavs. My assumption is the same way we use Mav Ds with the A10c and A10a
The Es are laser guided (as on the Harrier) - so a buddy lase from a JTAC (or A10/Harrier) will work for that. For the Fs yeah I guess we'll either use the seeker displayed on a DDI or perhaps the HUD/JHMCS to target them.
backspace340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:57 PM   #76
Banzaiib

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
All this was fixed in this patch:

Hotfix B-sweep no longer renders outside the radar tactical area.
Corrected the drag value of TCTS Pod.
TDC cursor position maintains location after target breaks lock.
Aerial refuelling Instant Action missions have been corrected.
B-Sweep no longer hangs when radar loses lock. This issue is still being worked on for an undesignated button break lock.

The controls issues are due to us starting to standardize and clean up the controls and how they are done in the sim, it makes for some extra work now, but down the road, it will be easier to have controller-based profiles supplied with the sim, that assign most controls for you, as well as have auto settings that make more sense and not so daunting.

No rollback is required, also this is Open Beta, if you don't like things like this, that can come with little to no notice, it's better to stick with the release version.
The release version is just the open beta pushed to release, bugs and all... at least the last 4 patches have been. And, there's no more documentation in the release version patches than in the open beta patches, so there's no way people can know to prepare for things like key-rebinds. Your patch notes are a mess, and indicative of internal disorganization.

I understand your pain, Nineline, I'm a software developer, but I also understand the need for good communication with the userbase.
Banzaiib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:08 PM   #77
=Mac=

Okay, guys (and girls),

I spent an hour last night trying to figure out the key bindings problem. I think I have it understood now. The correction should be about 10 to 15 minutes of your time if done as I did (eventually) last night.

Keep your bindings as they are. Do the update. (It's short this time.) Enter the sim and go to the key bindings page. Go to the Hornet. (I don't know if the other planes/helos are affected because I'm too busy flying to learn the 9-line.)

You should see quite a few mappings that are brown (red?) coloured. Change these to what you want them to be.

Exit normally from DCS.

Do a repair.

Reload DCS and, voila, your key bindings should all be okay and there shouldn't be any more brown/red mappings (unless you didn't change the ones still brown/red.)

This worked for me.

The radar seems to be doing quite well for me. Unfortunately, when undesignating, the TDC cursor still snaps back to the upper left. Other than that, everything works as it should so far. The B-sweep has been reported as being glitchy by stopping. I've seen it but it was rare for me even before the update. As of last night, I spent a half hour playing with the radar, lighting up a tanker off and on. No B-sweep glitch.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #78
Darcaem

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mac= View Post
Okay, guys (and girls),

I spent an hour last night trying to figure out the key bindings problem. I think I have it understood now. The correction should be about 10 to 15 minutes of your time if done as I did (eventually) last night.

Keep your bindings as they are. Do the update. (It's short this time.) Enter the sim and go to the key bindings page. Go to the Hornet. (I don't know if the other planes/helos are affected because I'm too busy flying to learn the 9-line.)

You should see quite a few mappings that are brown (red?) coloured. Change these to what you want them to be.

Exit normally from DCS.

Do a repair.

Reload DCS and, voila, your key bindings should all be okay and there shouldn't be any more brown/red mappings (unless you didn't change the ones still brown/red.)

This worked for me.

The radar seems to be doing quite well for me. Unfortunately, when undesignating, the TDC cursor still snaps back to the upper left. Other than that, everything works as it should so far. The B-sweep has been reported as being glitchy by stopping. I've seen it but it was rare for me even before the update. As of last night, I spent a half hour playing with the radar, lighting up a tanker off and on. No B-sweep glitch.

I've done that, and still not working
Darcaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #79
Lord of War

I managed to fix the control bindings problem by unassigning the red mappings (i unassigned eereything from them keyboard, joystick etc) then i restarted the game and reassigned everything i needed
Lord of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #80
fitness88

When will F-18 be out of its development stage and be in full release version with everything working?
fitness88 is offline   Reply With Quote