Next HB aircraft module (corrected list)

Leviathan667

Next HB aircraft module (corrected list)  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Next HB aircraft module (corrected list)

• Blackburn Buccaneer
    • English Electric Lightning
    • Gloster Javelin (not sure it is a complex aircraft)
    • Panavia Tornado
    • SEPECAT Jaguar (not sure it is a complex aircraft)
    • Grumman A-6
    • General Dynamics F-111
    • Lockheed F-117 (nobody ever mentions this one)
    • Sukhoi Su-24 (not sure it is a complex aircraft)
    • Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-27 (not sure it is a complex aircraft)

This a repeat of another poll (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=261776) where the A-6 had been forgotten in the list of contenders.

So far HB has made public their next module will be a (1) complex (2) twin engine jet. Aircraft that fits this bill I can think of are:

1. Blackburn Buccaneer
  2. English Electric Lightning
  3. Gloser Javelin (not sure it is a complex aircraft)
  4. Panavia Tornado
  5. SEPECAT Jaguar (not sure it is a complex aircraft)
  6. Grumman A-6
  7. General Dynamics F-111
  8. Lockheed F-117 (nobody ever mentions this one)
  9. Sukhoi Su-24 (not sure it is a complex aircraft)
  10. Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-27 (not sure it is a complex aircraft)

This list excludes (1) planes that are too new to be adapted to DCS or that have been announced by other developers as part of their development plans, (2) medium and heavy bombers, (3) reconnaissance aircraft, (4) trainers and (5) planes that never made it to mass production.

Poll.thumb.JPG.1275291dc9ae29d9030dbc0e8e304ade.JPG

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Intruder is an aircraft that has been under active development at Heatblur Simulations for some time, and subject to a license agreement, we hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full, playable module - and we are developing it with this intent in mind.

this quote from the announcement back then makes me personally expect the A-6 Intruder the most out of that list and is the one I want the most.

It was originally on RAZBAMs list and if I remember correctly they already said someone else got the License which also strongly implies HB. Would be a waste to not make the AI A-6 playable imo if its already so super detailed

Edited by alexkon3

We have a carrier so I think they will be aiming for the A6, then can you imagine seeing yourself inside cockpit with your co-pilot in multiplayer?

The A6 could also lead people to ask for civil modules competing with civil FS and aspiring to a global map :)

Anyway I would like the Tornado.

this quote from the announcement back then makes me personally expect the A-6 Intruder the most out of that list and is the one I want the most.

It was originally on RAZBAMs list and if I remember correctly they already said someone else got the License which also strongly implies HB. Would be a waste to not make the AI A-6 playable imo if its already so super detailed

I understand the case for the A-6 is strong. But, if it were to be the next flyable module to be developed, all the other cryptic comments made by HB about an unnamed playable module to be developed next would be meaningless.

So I tend to think a fully playable A-6 module is on the way but may not be the one that comes right after the F-14A/B.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

... all the other cryptic comments made by HB about an unnamed playable module to be developed next would be meaningless.

Why? ... the A-6 fits the bill of "(1) complex (2) twin engine jet"

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

id love to see the a-6 . really, i would. but unfortunately, it seems perhaps we are skewing a bit to heavily towards naval air. surely there's something unique, yet fiscally attractive (too many planes are too obscure to garner much ROI for the developer) and not naval . i voted for the f-111

it would be nice to see some helo gunships - apache or cobra come to mind

i doubt the f-117 will ever be sufficiently declassified enough to do a real sim of it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

F-4J/S should be on that list. I don't think they are going to do an F-4, especially with ED planning to eventually do the F-4E, but it is a complex, twin engine aircraft. Given the planned Forrestal CV release, an F-4J/S would be as good an investment as the A-6 for Heatblur. The existing F-14 Jester AI would also be well-suited to the F-4J/S.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Personally, I'm a pretty big fan of the Buccaneer, and would love to actually fly this bird in DCS someday. Especially the Navy version with the Audacious class carrier and the whole nine yards...(Hey I can dream!).

Anyway, I know I'm part of the minority in that regard and can tell this is something that is highly unlikely to happen any time soon. With that in mind, my realistic vote would probably have to go to the Tornado.

Steam User

Owned Modules| F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | AV-8B Harrier | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Warthog | Combined Arms | Supercarrier | NTTR | Persian Gulf |

Module Wishlist | Blackburn Buccaneer | Panavia Tornado | F-111 Aardvark | F-4 Phantom

Personally, I'm a pretty big fan of the Buccaneer, and would love to actually fly this bird in DCS someday. Especially the Navy version with the Audacious class carrier and the whole nine yards...(Hey I can dream!).

Anyway, I know I'm part of the minority in that regard and can tell this is something that is highly unlikely to happen any time soon. With that in mind, my realistic vote would probably have to go to the Tornado.

I am a member of the Buccaneer fan club. But without much hope for an adaptation to DCS anytime soon.

Lot's of people wanting the A-6, but I'm just wondering what its role would be ingame and why one would ever choose it over the A-10?

The A-10 is a CAS platform that does brrrt.

The A-6 is an all weather precision strike aircraft that can carry a greater bomb load further, faster, and during a time frame where A-10 pilots were aiming using manual depression and Kentucky windage. It'd be like a slower Viggen that can take off from a boat carrying 3.5 times the bomb load (or LGBs, or Skipper, or Walleye, or Harpoons, or HARM, or Maverick) with a built in TGP.

What I don't understand is preference towards the Tornado over the F-111. Exempting national pride and a cannon, I can't find anywhere the former exceeds the latter and I'd much rather have the blisteringly fast low level precision bomb truck over... whatever the Tornado has.

The Tornado is a blisteringly fast low level precision bomb truck. Except unlike the A-6 and F-111, it also comes with modern weapons for those that like that sort of thing.

edit: also, the Tornado can carry about the same weight as an Intruder.

Edited by TLTeo

The Tornado can carry up to 9000 kg of payload, whatever that may be (source: https://www.panavia.de/aircraft/overview/). That's roughly the same amount as the Intruder. No, it can not carry 30 Mk 82s, but the A-6 can't carry 4 Storm Shadows or 7 anti-radiation missiles either, so bringing up a specific loadout makes no sense.

Edited by TLTeo

I am a member of the Buccaneer fan club. But without much hope for an adaptation to DCS anytime soon.

Great to hear I'm not alone! lol

But I agree and have accepted the reality and likelyhood of getting a Buccaneer module in the near future. I still gave it my vote regardless.

Steam User

Owned Modules| F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | AV-8B Harrier | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Warthog | Combined Arms | Supercarrier | NTTR | Persian Gulf |

Module Wishlist | Blackburn Buccaneer | Panavia Tornado | F-111 Aardvark | F-4 Phantom

COBRA said, and do not change that the new module has all the technologies developed by HB. Wings of variable geometry in that list I only see one. With revers thrust I only see one. The best thing is that that one is the same in both cases. In addition to the ground air radar but that has several. And a double seat. The name TORNADO. A6 is for IA.

COBRA said, and do not change that the new module has all the technologies developed by HB. Wings of variable geometry in that list I only see one. With revers thrust I only see one. The best thing is that that one is the same in both cases. In addition to the ground air radar but that has several. And a double seat. The name TORNADO. A6 is for IA.

On the other hand the Tornado doesn't use the TF-30 that HB is spending so much time developing. There is one swing wing multicrew ground mapping radar equipped strike aircraft outfitted with those engines and a targeting device of similar vintage to the LANTIRN though...

:music_whistling:

(It also carries quite a number of bombs at a rather jaunty clip)