Autonomous CAP and GCI AI fighter script

SNAFU

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theoretically it works for any map as long as you get the names to match what is used internally. I seem to recall someone posting that the internal airbase names do not exactly match the ones displayed on the PG map in the editor but that could be a trick of memory. It would explain your problem though. I believe most people use MOOSE's GCICAP functionality these days and I also believe FlightControl has done the mapping between the editor names and internal names for you so you don't have to worry about it.

Theoretically it works for any map as long as you get the names to match what is used internally. I seem to recall someone posting that the internal airbase names do not exactly match the ones displayed on the PG map in the editor but that could be a trick of memory. It would explain your problem though. I believe most people use MOOSE's GCICAP functionality these days and I also believe FlightControl has done the mapping between the editor names and internal names for you so you don't have to worry about it.

Everyone was told to use the names exactly as is in the map display. This seems to work. The mapping in Moose wasn't done yet so that was the work-around. Might still be. Not sure the mapping has been done or if it has it hasn't been released yet and is in the development branch.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I want to set up a GCI,with fighetr spawn.

I placed the 4 tempalte for both sides, (i checked in lua the template names) Airfields with trigger zone(exactly the same name as the airfield), EWR in place in range with the airfields.

I turned CAP off.

When i starting the mission, I get these message : Script stucked at cleanup 1 and its going till 4b

What do i wrong?

Thanks

CPU : Ryzen 2700X \\ 32Gb DDR4 3000 MHz \\ VGA : RTX 2080 \\ 1 Tb SSD \\ Warthog Hotas \\

Honestly - the current version of the script is lukrop's and he hasn't been through here for at least a year. I stopped really looking at the code when he replaced me so while I generally know it from an overview point of view I haven't dug into the script for a long time. Coupled with no maintenance to the script for many patches your issue could be simply that the script is now broken from the viewpoint of the version of DCS World we have today. My recommendation would be to contact the Moose guys on Discord (try sending a PM to FlightControl or Delta99 for an invite if you cannot find the link in their forum sigs) and use MOOSE instead as I know has a pretty easy to use wrapper for creating a GCICAP equivalent. The benefit being that MOOSE is actively maintained and kept up to date.

If you don't want to do that you would need to post up a copy of dcs.log and/or a copy of the mission for people to try to help you and even then for the reasons already mentioned it may not work.

I'm thinking I will ask Nineline or Skatezilla to unsticky this thread as it no longer is really important to people.

No problems Kovee and glad you have a solution.

I have requested for this thread to be unstickied and I can see that the mods already have done so (thank you to Nineline or Skatezilla).

For anyone else stumbling into this thread please check the MOOSE equivalent of GCICAP. See here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138043 for the MOOSE thread. Lots of people using MOOSE will be happy to answer your questions and get a GCICAP solution up and running for you.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

• 1 month later...

sorry, how do I make it work for the bluefor faction?

attached the mission, and 'the starting point. doing the tests, BLUE planes do not take off

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evp9yqvx6bvihl7/2RGT_aquila_bicipide.miz?dl=0

thanks

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

sorry, how do I make it work for the bluefor faction?

attached the mission, and 'the starting point. doing the tests, BLUE planes do not take off

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evp9yqvx6bvihl7/2RGT_aquila_bicipide.miz?dl=0

thanks

Resolved

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Has anyone used this script lately? I have one mission where it worked fine, but I tried making another one today and can't get any red fighters to spawn at all. Wondering if something's funky since an update??

ETA: should also say that, in addition to verifying all templates, radars, borders are correct in naming, that 1) Yes, Mist running at start, and 2) GCICAP running after Mist.

Edited by CL30

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have tried to make it work myself in the Persian Gulf but does not work either. I am trying to figure out how to use MOOSE but apparently that would require more time that I actually have available for editing missions at this time.

It is a pity since this script was almost plug and play with the appropiate customization but without much workload

I have tried to make it work myself in the Persian Gulf but does not work either. I am trying to figure out how to use MOOSE but apparently that would require more time that I actually have available for editing missions at this time.

It is a pity since this script was almost plug and play with the appropiate customization but without much workload

Ah man, that stinks. Yeah, I like this script. Hope they can get it working again.

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

I've just spent some time building a mp mission. Tried to implement this script and can get absolutely no luck with the units spawning. Getting some mixed warnings in log file, says I have no red airbase assigned, which I do have 2. Says I have no patrols and I do have 4 template groups posted, 2 gci and 2 cap. not getting any error msgs in mission. Not sure what else to do

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

afaik no one maintains this script after lukrop rewrote it.

Moose isnt working for 2.5.6 yet, when it does the examples in here are just copy paste and tweak as you want.

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/develop/AID%20-%20AI%20Dispatching/AID-A2A%20-%20AI%20A2A%20Dispatching/AID-A2A-100%20-%20Demonstration

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 months later...
afaik no one maintains this script after lukrop rewrote it.

Moose isnt working for 2.5.6 yet, when it does the examples in here are just copy paste and tweak as you want.

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/develop/AID%20-%20AI%20Dispatching/AID-A2A%20-%20AI%20A2A%20Dispatching/AID-A2A-100%20-%20Demonstration

Anyone know if they got MOOSE working for 2.5.6 yet? (Thanks for the link, Pikey.) I need an A2A AI script.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Moose is fine. Wrong thread to ask though.

Sorry, was referencing/quoting your post (bold) as it was relevant, but thanks anyway. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 years later...