MH-60 Black Hawk ?

Rick50

Just wondering if Poly has considered making one or several of the Black Hawk family?

it seems to me there is two generations of cockpit, the first original with steam gauges and vertical tape indicators, and a round black and white attitude indicator, and a new full glass MFD setup for the MH series and the next generation of Hawks.

I'd like to see a basic UH-60 for general operatos and sling loads.

Also an MH-60 DAP for commando raid missions. This is likely to soon be armed with the Israeli Spike anti-armor weapon, TV guided to 25km range.

or Pave Hawk for CSAR and so on, able to refuel from the KC-130 using the probe

I know that this would be a long way off, but just wondering if it's been considered!

Edited by Rick50

+1

MH-60 DAP and HH-60G would be an absolute dream in DCS. I'd settle for a bog standard UH-60L also.

It would surely be an immensely popular module so I hope DCS/Belsimtek or any 3rd party Dev picks this up in the next couple of years!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

The Kiowa is not even outside and there is already (again) waffling over the next possible module ... nothing more comes to mind.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

This is way in the future certainly, but it would be a shame if we didn't see an H-60 variant, as well as an H-47 variant, in some form or fashion.

Personally I'm privy to the CH-46!

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

I think a lot of people either forget or don't understand how this works. They have to have a licensing agreement before they produce an H-60 variant. I'm sure they would love to just make it and throw it out, however, they have to get the correct permissions before doing so. Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as saying hey we are going to do this.

So I saw there's an 'official' reply in the Black Hawk thread and I was like 'gotta check that out.' Then I found this. Don't really understand what you want to say here. What exactly is it we shouldn't bother about?

We shouldn't be hot and bothered by lack of licensing. That a licensing agreement from the manufacturer of the aircraft is required in all cases. It may be for ED, but for independent producers, it may not be. That's I read.

Oh and that Blackhawk is imminent from these guys. That's what I read and that's what I choose to believe. :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yeah that's what I'm aiming for. Folks are like 'Hey, we'd love to have a h-60 of some kind.' Somebody says they would probably need a license, developer just 'Meh, that's none of your business' without adressing the whole h-60 topic at all.

Who said that Black Hawk was imminent? I just read about OH-58 planned, while lots of people complain about state of Gazelle. But maybe I shouldn't bother?

It was a joke. Gazelle is fine if you just create a deadened profile. Otherwise, it's like a rabid monkey and very hard to control. I for one will buy the OH58 on day one.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Me too.

I would rather an European Tiger than an H-60 in all its guises..... but I would certainly buy the H-60 if it was on the table.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I make this statement freely and without duress by any external forces.

I love the Apache, I have loved her long time.... my entire 50 years of life.

But I do wonder if I would rather the filthy dirty back stabbing European Tiger over the Apache.

I do wonder if it suits my filthy rat like approach to warfare!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.