[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Maybe your anti virus software removes some files from the installation routine?

:) Thanks

Antivirus was turned off during installation...

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Somehow it just works again. Had just a quick freeflight test. There's a slight standy-rumbling inflight in the predefined effects. It's good but will it cause trouble in long time use this way?

Soundmodel payware doesnt bring any advantages to Jeatset owners right?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Somehow it just works again. Had just a quick freeflight test. There's a slight standy-rumbling inflight in the predefined effects. It's good but will it cause trouble in long time use this way?

Soundmodel payware doesnt bring any advantages to Jeatset owners right?

The SoundModule is a payware software from Andre and is required if you use a Buttkicker or similar shaker device.

SSA is a freeware with the option to donate...

Using SSA 1.2.0.0

Getting the following error whenever opening or closing SSA.

ssa_zpsxfadq3ls.jpg

Tried uninstalling than reinstalling SSA, and it still gives an access denied error, and refuses to recreate the database file. My user has full permissions on that directory.

edit: I had just changed security/av programs. I tried disabling it, than reinstalling SSA, and that seems to have cured the issue.

Edited by cordite

Does the latest SSA work now with DCS F/A-18, or do we still need to use the beta SSA?

1.2.0.0 comes with FA18 support. However, latest fixes/tweaks are currently only available in the beta...

Ok, this is disturbing. I love the seat and the effect but I can't run it when not connected to the internet. I shut down all my antivirus and allowed all the connections. I don't recall this issue with 1.1.0.0 so what is going on? It's starting to look like I am being monitored. How can I get this to run offline???

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

I also can't check/uncheck the start when windows starts box...

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Ok, this is disturbing. I love the seat and the effect but I can't run it when not connected to the internet. I shut down all my antivirus and allowed all the connections. I don't recall this issue with 1.1.0.0 so what is going on? It's starting to look like I am being monitored. How can I get this to run offline???

SSA does not require an internet connection, it just checks at startup if a new version is available. If no internet connection is available, it doesn't check...

The latest MS updates change some stuff and introduced a lot of issues with ClickOnce applications. In this thread are several approaches to tackle this...

SSA uses so called network sockets to talk to DCS. Maybe your firewall is to sensitive and blocks such socket communication...

Using SSA 1.2.0.0

Getting the following error whenever opening or closing SSA.

ssa_zpsxfadq3ls.jpg

Tried uninstalling than reinstalling SSA, and it still gives an access denied error, and refuses to recreate the database file. My user has full permissions on that directory.

edit: I had just changed security/av programs. I tried disabling it, than reinstalling SSA, and that seems to have cured the issue.

As you said, the av program blocked SSA to write the settings file to your profile folder...

Glad it's working now :-)

SSA does not require an internet connection, it just checks at startup if a new version is available. If no internet connection is available, it doesn't check...

The latest MS updates change some stuff and introduced a lot of issues with ClickOnce applications. In this thread are several approaches to tackle this...

SSA uses so called network sockets to talk to DCS. Maybe your firewall is to sensitive and blocks such socket communication...

I turned all my firewalls and anivirus, etc... OFF. If the network is enabled it works. If it isnxt then it will not start. Please reread my post and help me. There are 122 pages of this thread. I searched and found clickonce mentioned 3 times. This is a 1.2.0.3 problem. 1.2.0.0 did not do this. So what is the solution? You developed this program, is there any other way to make the jetseat work? Im extrememly frustrated and annoyed that this is happening. I cant be online all the time!

I turned all my firewalls and anivirus, etc... OFF. If the network is enabled it works. If it isnxt then it will not start. Please reread my post and help me. There are 122 pages of this thread. I searched and found clickonce mentioned 3 times. This is a 1.2.0.3 problem. 1.2.0.0 did not do this. So what is the solution? You developed this program, is there any other way to make the jetseat work? Im extrememly frustrated and annoyed that this is happening. I cant be online all the time!

In the first post of this thread I posted a possible workaround. Did you try to start the application from the installation folder?

However, if 1.2.0.0 works for you, please stay at the stable version. 1.2.0.3 is a beta and may have some issues. However, the difference between 1.2.0.0. and 1.2.0.3 are marginal. I just tweaked some values. Therefore i assume that the issue must be on your system. But I have no clue what it might be...

@All: I'm on vacation for the next 3 weeks. I might be able to read/post but I'm not 100% sure...

Would it be possible to have all of the SimShaker windows remember their position the next time you run them?

I have multiple screens and keep having to drag them to my non-game monitor. It would be awesome if they would just appear there, where I had them last time.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Would someone PLEASE turn off their internet connection and then run DCS and see if their seat will start? PLEASE? I wiped my drive and did a fresh Win10 install then DCS, simshaker, etc.. It STILL will NOT work when the internet is OFF. Works fine when the net is connected. I'm using 1.2.0.0 and this shouldn't be happening!!

C'mon now, nobody is concerned that Simshaker for Aviators software is broke offline? Or worse could be doing telemetry in the background?? Try it without your internet connected, PLEASE!

I have tried every suggestion and path F410 and others have stated. It doesn't have to do with the starting of the app. It happens at mission start/spawn in. DCS is up and online and everything works fine. Leave that mission and go back to either restart that mi9ssion or start any other mission. Turn the internet off (I turn the Ethernet off) and go back and start any mission. The app will not start and you'll be sitting in game with everything working but feeling like a cheap hooker at dawn without the beloved vibrations!!

It won't take but a few minutes. I reset Win10 on a clean SSD. Doesn't work offline. I NEED it to work offline because a lot of times I won't have the net on.

OK, what does THIS mean.... The seat works in Airplane Mode, but NOT if the ethernet/internet connection is disabled.So it IS a setting on my PC but which one?? What can I post to get help?

C'mon now, nobody is concerned that Simshaker for Aviators software is broke offline? Or worse could be doing telemetry in the background?? Try it without your internet connected, PLEASE!

I have tried every suggestion and path F410 and others have stated. It doesn't have to do with the starting of the app. It happens at mission start/spawn in. DCS is up and online and everything works fine. Leave that mission and go back to either restart that mi9ssion or start any other mission. Turn the internet off (I turn the Ethernet off) and go back and start any mission. The app will not start and you'll be sitting in game with everything working but feeling like a cheap hooker at dawn without the beloved vibrations!!

It won't take but a few minutes. I reset Win10 on a clean SSD. Doesn't work offline. I NEED it to work offline because a lot of times I won't have the net on.

I can confirm what mariner3302 is saying. No internet, no vibes. Starting directly from the appdata folder makes no difference. Still 1.2.0.0.

I'm using Ethernet, so there's no Airplane mode option for me.

:cry:

Can anyone else confirm or deny?

edit: Doesn't affect XP11, just DCS 2.5.2 :huh:

Edited by cordite

I can confirm what mariner3302 is saying. No internet, no vibes. Starting directly from the appdata folder makes no difference. Still 1.2.0.0.

I'm using Ethernet, so there's no Airplane mode option for me.

:cry:

Thank you!! I'm plugged into an Ethernet cable too. My Win10 build is 1803.

Tried getting the Beta working again, no dice. I am SO disgusted with this stuff not working!! Considering taking it out of my signature even tho I love it...

If there is no network connection, the "DCS Debug View" window shows nothing; or if it was populated before losing network connection, the values don't update.

Why would it need a network connection in DCS?

As for Simconnect, It looks like that's an FSX thing.

If there is no network connection, the "DCS Debug View" window shows nothing; or if it was populated before losing network connection, the values don't update.

Why would it need a network connection in DCS?

I don't understand either but it would seem that its something to do with the DCS mission telling SSA to activate. Because it works in "airplane mode", which disconnects incoming and outgoing transmissions from the PC, it shows its not needing to 'talk' to an outside entity for it to work with DCS. However, if the network connection is on then the mission will start SSA. Turn off the connection in the mission and SSA continues working. End the mission, internet still off, and restart the mission - SSA doesn't work. So whatever is talking to SSA to tell it what aircraft it will emulate (which profile to use) and to start isnt making it to SSA. I found a Simshaker.lua that appears to be from DCS which may be part of the problem.

The install and use aspect of SSA will hopefully get smoothed out. It took a good hour today of installing , uninstalling, etc to get a working (same above problem) copy. The fact the seat wont work without this software is problematic. Because its freeware, its hard to demand action. I get that but at the same time it is extremely frustrating having put a lot of money into something thats not easy for us old, nontechies to make work. If it werent such a step up in realism I would have trashed it by now but I find it as important as VR now.