104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info - Page 195 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 04:49 AM   #1941
[Maverick]
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzanita View Post
are Mirages supposed to not be allowed to rearm at Khasab airfield or is this a bug?
No, they can only rearm in Iran.

Quote:
Also that invulnerable predator drone in the Delta Papa grid area is incredibly annoying.
Thanks, your feedback will be noted in the Captains log.

104th Phoenix Squadron Leader / Total Poser

"Dammit Jim, I'm a Squadron Leader, not a software developer!"

www.104thPhoenix.com
www.facebook.com/104thPhoenix
104th F-15C Skin
My YouTube Channel
[Maverick] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:40 AM   #1942
ouPhrontis

Quote:
Not a fan of nighttime, looks very bad and kills the server pop.
I do understand why some servers don't set nighttime, or have server start/restart times coincide with before sunrise/after sunset, so it's a real shame when it's negated entirely; the AV-8B NA is fit for it, so I feel we Harrier drivers ought to get a look in for such operations on popular servers.

Occasional nighttime would get my vote, at least enough to run a sortie or two.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:37 PM   #1943
Mustang
Veteran

104th server now @2.5.2.18736.400.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #1944
Shogun0

Do you guys still recommend using the autoexec file for all clients connecting to your server?

As our group grows, we are getting a large number of players on our flight nights and are looking for anyway to help some of the lag/disconnect issues.

Still relevant in 2.5?

Thanks!

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord
Shogun0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #1945
Mustang
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun0 View Post
Do you guys still recommend using the autoexec file for all clients connecting to your server?

As our group grows, we are getting a large number of players on our flight nights and are looking for anyway to help some of the lag/disconnect issues.

Still relevant in 2.5?

Thanks!
Yes always it helps ALOT especially when the client counts go into the high numbers and when there's alot going on.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #1946
[Maverick]
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouPhrontis View Post
I do understand why some servers don't set nighttime, or have server start/restart times coincide with before sunrise/after sunset, so it's a real shame when it's negated entirely; the AV-8B NA is fit for it, so I feel we Harrier drivers ought to get a look in for such operations on popular servers.

Occasional nighttime would get my vote, at least enough to run a sortie or two.
The issue is with the transition from day time to night time. Currently there some major issues with the lighting the lower the sun gets in the sky.

At sunset there is a period of between 30-60 mins of intense darkness that drives off a lot of clients that have no NVGs.

About an hour after sunset the lighting starts to normalise and we no longer get that intense darkness.
We have also set the mission to a date that has a full moon so our night time ops are actually pretty great for visibility,
its just getting to that period one hour after sunset while keeping the server population up that is the struggle.

Last week we started the mission at 22:00 with the sun well done and the moon already high in the sky,
it made for some great sorties and even better landings at the boat.
Expect more of that coming this week!

www.104thPhoenix.com
104th F-15C Skin
My YouTube Channel
Old 06-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #1947
ouPhrontis

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Maverick] View Post
The issue is with the transition from day time to night time. Currently there some major issues with the lighting the lower the sun gets in the sky.

At sunset there is a period of between 30-60 mins of intense darkness that drives off a lot of clients that have no NVGs.

About an hour after sunset the lighting starts to normalise and we no longer get that intense darkness.
We have also set the mission to a date that has a full moon so our night time ops are actually pretty great for visibility,
its just getting to that period one hour after sunset while keeping the server population up that is the struggle.

Last week we started the mission at 22:00 with the sun well done and the moon already high in the sky,
it made for some great sorties and even better landings at the boat.
Expect more of that coming this week!
Understood, and on the rendering engine change being recent hopefully we'll see some improvements soon regarding day/night transition.

Look forward to seeing the "balls-o'clock" recoveries, might jump in for some of those myself.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:36 PM   #1948
Shogun0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Yes always it helps ALOT especially when the client counts go into the high numbers and when there's alot going on.
Hey thanks for the reply!

Hope you don't mind if I pick your brain for a few.

How did you come up with those numbers for bandwidth? I don't want to just blindly copy what you guys are doing to help smooth out things (we are ~50-60 folks online at a time now when we have our flight nights), should we consider some bandwidth tests for down/up on the server itself and how we should have clients configured?

Not a network guy at all, so I'm a little dense. Apologies

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord
Shogun0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:04 PM   #1949
Mustang
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun0 View Post
Hey thanks for the reply!

Hope you don't mind if I pick your brain for a few.

How did you come up with those numbers for bandwidth? I don't want to just blindly copy what you guys are doing to help smooth out things (we are ~50-60 folks online at a time now when we have our flight nights), should we consider some bandwidth tests for down/up on the server itself and how we should have clients configured?

Not a network guy at all, so I'm a little dense. Apologies
PM sent.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:42 AM   #1950
[Maverick]
ED Testers Team

We are proud to announce that with permission from the VFA-113 we have introduced the LSO Mod on to our server

onboard the USS Stennis and USS Washington.

Sadly having the full mod package installed will fail Integrity Check however we have added the LSO part of the mod on to both carriers and Hornet pilots will now get LSO calls while recovering on the CASE 1.

You can click on the image above to download the mod and train using the LSO Plat CAM view.

You do NOT need to install the mod to have it work on our server however. All you have to do is fly the correct CASE 1 pattern and you will hear the LSO talking to you... and possibly the Air Boss telling you to depart and re-enter, watch out for those Airbuses cutting in line!

Thank you so much to JAR and everyone at the VFA-113 for this incredible mod!

www.104thPhoenix.com
104th F-15C Skin
My YouTube Channel