Engine start

Residual

During engine start, the engine crank switch unlatches and returns to the neutral position around 63% N2, but it should happen prior to 61% N2. This is because mechanical failure of the air turbine starter is possible above 62% N2. From the LMM-000 WP22 page 9,and 11.

To prevent personnel injury from air turbine starter (ATS) failure, do not hold ENG CRANK switch to L or R while starting engine(s). Holding ENG CRANK switch overrides the ATS overspeed cut-out and ATS damage is possible above 62% N2 rpm

( 8 ) ENG CRANK switch returns to OFF by 61%N2 rpm.

Additionally, the latency on the ENG page of the DDI in its current implementation is far too high. The ENG page in the real aircraft refreshes, and is far more accurate than the IFEI, and is used to monitor engine startup after one engine is online, and testing during maintenance runs.

I also attempted to run a standard engine test from the A1-F18AC-270-200 WP 03, but the state of the engines currently are so incorrect that no test was without discrepancies. Even at idle there are numbers out of limits. So along with reporting the previous bugs, I would ask how I could go about providing the information to correct it?

Edited by Residual

You can post anything here on engine performance and various in range temperatures that you have, as long as they are not classified docs. Here's an example of GE doc's. ED would have test documents from Boeing I'm guessing.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Im guessing not since they are totally incorrect.

I ask how I can provide the information to correct it because I am not going to type, or copy and past 41 pages of information

Edited by Residual

If you don't want to share a link here, then PM one of the mod's like nineline or Wags and send them the link to the info to look over.

Just click on their name to send a private message, store the doc at Dropbox or google drive etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

While I agree that you should get the info to ED so they can fix it eventually , personally when I have a radar that loses lock when I manouver the Aircraft I will accept a 2% error in a crank switch if they would make the Aircraft A2A capable bvr.

It's only in beta so I guess I shouldn't get too upset but it's frustrating when you can only use 25% of the Jets potential in its current form. I saw that IFF is to be implemented, but if the lock tenacity is not fixed then it's kind of irelavant.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses