FYI: DCS Combined Arms will not be VR compatilbe

PB4Tazman

For anyone using a VR headset who may be interested in buying Combined Arms , note that ED have no plans "at this time" to make it VR compatible.

**MODS, can you please change the title of this post to "DCS Combined Arms is not currently VR compatible" Thanks!

Support ticket:

644799011_EDCAsupportticket.thumb.JPG.7205fae4b0d59bdd68ec460ff37666b7.JPG

As of now, there is no mention of incompatibility with VR noted on the E-Shop page.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Edited by PB4Tazman
added "at this time" and change of title request

"Not at this time" does NOT mean it won't happen. This is a very misleading post.

If you read the ticket, I asked about plans for the future, and that is the response I got.

As for misleading, that response was very vague.

The devs are welcome to correct me and tell us when they might plan on implementing VR support.

There have been many posts about this and no response from ED on the forums.

My main goal is to alert anyone who may be interested in buying the CA module now to be aware that it does not, and "at this time" is not designed to be used with VR.

PLease, go to the E-Shop page and show me where is says this module is not fully compatible with VR, and I will recant my statement.

Cheers!

OP>

Surprised at the response, as from a layman's view, looks straightforward to fix the view issue, but if that's what they say....

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

If you read the ticket, I asked about plans for the future, and that is the response I got.

As for misleading, that response was very vague.

The devs are welcome to correct me and tell us when they might plan on implementing VR support.

There have been many posts about this and no response from ED on the forums.

My main goal is to alert anyone who may be interested in buying the CA module now to be aware that it does not, and "at this time" is not designed to be used with VR.

PLease, go to the E-Shop page and show me where is says this module is not fully compatible with VR, and I will recant my statement.

Cheers!

\

While that may be true for the time being, the title of this post is misleading and not ED's response. I agree that ED's response is vague in this case, but, maybe instead of "DCS Combined Arms will not be VR compatible" which you state as a point of fact in this context meaning it never will be (which you don't know if that is the case or not), you should change it or have it changed to "DCS Combined Arms is not currently VR Compatible".

It still serves as a warning which was your intent and it doesn't mislead people into thinking that it never will be. Just my two cents.

Edited by Repth

\

While that may be true for the time being, the title of this post is misleading and not ED's response. I agree that ED's response is vague in this case, but, maybe instead of "DCS Combined Arms will not be VR compatible" which you state as a point of fact in this context meaning it never will be (which you don't know if that is the case or not), you should change it or have it changed to "DCS Combined Arms is not currently VR Compatible".

It still serves as a warning which was your intent and it doesn't mislead people into thinking that it never will be. Just my two cents.

I did edit my original post and added "at this time".

I do not know how to edit the title.

Also, I mentioned that ED is welcome to correct me in my post.

I would think that one would be more upset about the misleading E-Shop page not explaining this fact where consumers may make a uninformed purchase.

I agree, but to be honest I'm sure it's a template designed to let people know what specs are required for VR for DCS as a whole, not just one particular module. But you are correct, they should add a caveat to the store page description and let people know it's not currently VR compatible. When it becomes VR compatible I might buy it (part of the reason I read your post is because I was looking into it), as I use VR for DCS exclusively. I just see a lot of posts that, whether it's intended to or not, "rouse the rabble" so to speak lately and it bugs me.

Respectfully,

Edit: And thank you for the warning :)

Edited by Repth

Funny that if you look on the page for Combined Arms that it includes recommended specs for VR.

If ED are going to take a stance of CA not being compatible, they might wish to remove that:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_combined_arms/

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.