DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

ok. thanks.

i think it doesn't move, but at least designation in the HUD changes from "TDC" to "icff" for some reason. maybe it has to to with hud master modes ccip/nav?!

will test it next time...

Can you tell me more about "changes from TDC to IFFCC"? Because, honestly I dont' understand it a bit :)

CCIP is not related somehow to TDC.

CCRP - yes.

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

I had the SPI generator be the IFFCC twice in all the hours I have in the A-10C, and I never understood how that happened.

Also, be careful not to confuse SOI, SPI, and SPI generators. A SPI is not saved in "temporary memory", it is continuously generated by the SPI generator (that is shown in the HUD's bottom left hand corner).

You get that if your HUD is SOI and you press TMS aft short. It makes your calculated point of impact your SPI, which is indicated by IFFCC in the HUD.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to turn off/take away MFCD displays etc... that is in the way when using F2 wiev?

I cant find nothing in the manuals for how to do this.

You wanna make HUD Gun Cam video probably, right?:)

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

• 2 weeks later...

I got a weird error when trying to drop a cbu-105 and it didn't drop. Under bomb status it said ALN DEG. In manual the only thing I could find close to that is ALN GRDY which means bomb is aligned but you're on ground. After passing target I thought maybe I didn't make target SPI so I did that and it didn't change. Anyone know what this means?

Under bomb status it said ALN DEG.

AFAIK, degraded alignment for CBU-103 and CBU-105 should only occur when the weapon's INS has insufficient data and requires a Transfer Alignment, which basically means: wobble the wings or fly a turn. That should allow the WCMD's INS to attain proper data from the aircraft's INS.

AFAIK, degraded alignment for CBU-103 and CBU-105 should only occur when the weapon's INS has insufficient data and requires a Transfer Alignment, which basically means: wobble the wings or fly a turn. That should allow the WCMD's INS to attain proper data from the aircraft's INS.

I was in AP for like 50 miles, which is rare for me, so that makes sense.

I'm concerned that the DCS A-10 flight model is not as quick nor responsive as the actual aircraft. I've taken DCS A-10 down to 20% fuel and no weapons (not even gun ammo or flares/chaff) and tried to maneuver the plane as I've seen in airshow videos and it just doesn't cut it. The real thing seems much more responsive and less prone to stall than the DCS version. The real aircraft seems to have a faster instantaneous roll rate and pitch rate too a higher degrees pitch up than the game aircraft can do...

Watch this one:

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I'm concerned that the DCS A-10 flight model is not as quick nor responsive as the actual aircraft. I've taken DCS A-10 down to 20% fuel and no weapons (not even gun ammo or flares/chaff) and tried to maneuver the plane as I've seen in airshow videos and it just doesn't cut it. The real thing seems much more responsive and less prone to stall than the DCS version. The real aircraft seems to have a faster instantaneous roll rate and pitch rate too a higher degrees pitch up than the game aircraft can do...

Watch this one:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3216598&postcount=89

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone tell what the reason is for not being able to cycle waypoints with the +- rocker switch on the waypoint sub-page when AAP STEER PT rotary is set to FLIGHTPLAN (as mentioned in the manual)?

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're cycling through the waypoints part of the plan, but what changes is the steerpoint.

No it doesnt change steerpoints...nothing happens. Try it for yourself. The rocker switch +- works on the waypoint info page and Offset page cycling waypoints, but on the waypoint sub-page it does nothing.

How do you cycle through the waypoint database on this page?

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No it doesnt change steerpoints...nothing happens. Try it for yourself. The rocker switch +- works on the waypoint info page and Offset page cycling waypoints, but on the waypoint sub-page it does nothing.

How do you cycle through the waypoint database on this page?

When you are in flightplan mode the only points you can select are the ones in the flightplan, and by way of making them the steerpoint. In Mission or mark mode you can select any waypoint, by a number of methods (typing the name, number, +/- rocker).

In flightplan mode, by design, the display, selection and viewing of waypoints is restricted to the flightplan steerpoints only.

Edited by Scaley
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone explain how the DTSAS works? I flew a long range mission and at about ~200 nm from my starting point I lost the ability to use any kind of CCIP functionality (Even the PAC mode on the gun would not engage). I was still on the TAD map but I got flashing DTSAS and OFFMAP warning indicators on the CDU and HUD respectively. Is there any way of fixing this whilst airborne?

• Like 1

I'm a new player, dont have A10C yet but have read the manual quite a bit. My question is:

What is the purpose of the course arrow on the HSI and when should it be used? I know that if you are doing an ILS landing on say, runway 31, then your course arrow should be set to 310. But what is the point of this? Do I need to adjust the course arrow every time I switch steerpoints?

If you want follow the path, I guess HSI Course is more visually accurate than the TAD. You can also use it for attack heading :)

Can anyone explain how the DTSAS works? I flew a long range mission and at about ~200 nm from my starting point I lost the ability to use any kind of CCIP functionality (Even the PAC mode on the gun would not engage). I was still on the TAD map but I got flashing DTSAS and OFFMAP warning indicators on the CDU and HUD respectively. Is there any way of fixing this whilst airborne?

Yes, CDU on left or right MFD. Use the UFC to enter Function button and 2 to get to the INS page and then Align and In Flight Alignment.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting!

I never had that.

Where were you when that happened? From the manual (pre-NTTR, pre-Normandy):

DTSAS OFF MAP: Displayed when the current aircraft position is off the loaded digital map. Default map size is 150 km.

It seems you were in a location that's not covered by the terrain elevation database currently built into our A-10C (regardless of TAD map or not), and without elevation data, the aircraft can't provide any CCIP cues.

PAC as such should still be available IMO, but the normal gun cross/gun pipper sure won't work.

Did you try turning around and see if the problems go away then? The OFF MAP indication seems like a pretty solid pointer in this regard.

How the system works is pretty simple, it's just a lot of math, trigonometry in particular. Where's the aircraft, where's the target, what's the ballistic flight path of bullets/bombs/projectiles, and how is wind going to affect that - simple, right? ;)

Well, anyway, without terrain elevation data, the part "where's the target" is unknown, hence the entire calculation can't be done. It would be possible to get the target position by means of laser ranging, but AFAIK the A-10C requires the terrain elevation database or else all the fancy targeting equipment won't work and pilots are basically back at WWII style bombing/gunning.

Long story short, if your target is outside the area covered by the database, you're out of luck, because we can't change/expand the database with cartridges.

Edit: @Striker, bad INS alignment would also disable the AP and the TVV, and it shouldn't happen out of the blue. Not saying this isn't the cause, but it seems rather unlikely IMHO.

Edited by Yurgon

@Striker, bad INS alignment would also disable the AP and the TVV, and it shouldn't happen out of the blue. Not saying this isn't the cause, but it seems rather unlikely IMHO.

RGR, I wrongfully assumed it was an alignment issue.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]