Another Black Shark Pit project

BaD CrC

:shocking:

Amazing, really. Stunning.

Sure you're not building the rest of it while you're at it? A fully operational Ka-50? :pilotfly:

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be one of my first posts on this forum but i need to let you know something.

I am also in the building process and like you i am also using Leos boards.

You are using 32 combinations of buttons - but did you know that you can also use the HAT functions in the game as well?

I have been able to do this very well. If you use the games own configuration screen, it will allow you to set functions using all of the HAT directions as if they where just more switches. POV_HAT_LE becomes a functionable switch. :D Try it.

Suddenly you will have 36 instead of 32. :) I know how important those last 4 switches are.

Edited by talisman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - Its a Stinger - Damn.......

My Pit - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42253

Talisman. You are the greatest. Thank you so much. My four missing buttons on the left console are not working. Just one restriction though, when they are connected on the track hat, only one out of four can be 'ON' at the same time. So ideally, we should use the track hat only with momentary switches. But that was a great tip anyway. Thanks.

Edited by BaD CrC

Damn bro that is one bitch'n pit....been tell'n myself to build one for a long time...great job...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

.... drool....

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor.. this is impressive work I tell you.. And I seriously envy you 'cause you can start playing with it... The Pit that is... the PIT..!

LMAO.. Maybe I should go to bed now...

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi everyone.

OK, here are a few pics of the right upper panel. It is not wired for the moment (I will start this week probably). I also need to add a few things like the ejection seat switches guard.

S_%20IMG_2852.JPG S_IMG_2857.JPG

A step closer. Note the blue bottle beneath. It's a tad too high so it's hard to see from the seat position.

S_%20IMG_2851.JPG

Edited by BaD CrC

Hey, I just got those cheap (less than 5 euros) USB lights that I painted black and coated. It will do I think for the cockpit lighting.

S_%20IMG_2855.JPG

Ah, by the way, I edited my first post so you guys can have a general view of my pit status.

S_%20IMG_2850.JPG

The SHKVAL display is working and recognized as a secondary monitor. I just need to figure out how to make it work in BS. I attached my cougar as you can see and finaly, I think, even without Urze's extension, the height of the cyclic is more or less OK.

what? where have you been hiding all this from us, or are you the fastest builder in the world?

Looks amazing and i like the idea with the usb lighting, simple and it works, GOOD JOB!

I wouldn't dare tell my wife, that's why I'm building in modules ;)

can you please tell us where you bought these indicators(these 9 indicators are located on top left upper the round instrument place) ???

i am looking for them some time now......

your pit is great...

hope mine lookes like yours.......

thanks

stelios

Awesome job man! May I ask how you did the labels?

Thanks

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Lol swetrekki, I did the same with my wife, building modules by modules so she just started to realize how big work it is.

@stelios2000, if you mean the small black rectangles indicators, I bought them at opencockpits then painted+coated them. You'll need A LOT of them.

@Aeroscout: I just used Inkscape for the software and my black and white laser printer on 160g paper. Once printed, you need a coat of varnish like the one used for paintings so your toner stays on the paper.

Great work and so fast too. As for the stick I found that it is needed to have the top of the stick even with the botom of the Schval. Other wize you will have to be leaning forward to reach it. But if it works for you never mind me LOL

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Well, I don't have the seat yet, so it was just a feeling, but if you say so, I am worry now. Moreover, I am 6ft2 so I don't want to break my back flying it.

True that if you are looking at the cockpit in the game and on real pictures, the cyclic is hiding partially the weapon control panel.

Maybe I should look for an extension then....

@stelios2000, if you mean the small black rectangles indicators, I bought them at opencockpits then painted+coated them. You'll need A LOT of them.

thanks for the info..........

about the SHKVAL display....is it 9" TFT ???

and the right monitor will be 10" ???

how much did you pay for the 9" and i am thinking for a 9" & 10" digital frames.

will these be good for this purpose?

thanks again

stelios

How will you get the digital picture frames to accept a video input from your video card? I have been looking at this as well and I am not sure its possible.

My Wife bought this Samsung 10,2" photo frame and it has usb connection to

PC and works as a second monitor (tested).

But i dont know the procedure to make it show only the view of the SHKVAL or the ABRIS

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/detail/spec.do?group=computersperipherals&type=photoframe&subtype=photoframe&model_cd=LP10CBMSB/XK

thanks for the info..........

about the SHKVAL display....is it 9" TFT ???

and the right monitor will be 10" ???

how much did you pay for the 9" and i am thinking for a 9" & 10" digital frames.

will these be good for this purpose?

thanks again

stelios

Yes, I bought a 9" TFT for a car seat (look for car tuning web sites). Based on Triggerhappy's drawing, 9" seemed to me the best fit. This TFT is connected to my video card through a VGA to RCA adaptor.

Man have you got some free time, wish I could have that free time and money to work on a pit. Great work!

I didn't take much holidays last year and as a result, my company forced me to take all the leftover vacation days I still had. I ended up with 6 weeks off in a row. VIVE LA FRANCE!! :D

Too bad I have to go back to work next week...... I hope I will finish the right back wall by this time.