• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Thanks Wags :thumbup:

But :cry: for the French people..... :huh:

Why not in French ????

Sorry for my poor Enghish ( my native language is French ...)

:)

We would love to do a French version, but we need volunteers to do the French translation of both software and manual. If you think you can help, and have a very thorough knowledge of military technical terms, then please contact Wags.

Under current French law, we can not publish Black Shark in France unless it is in the French language.

Jim

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

At least in Spain, a lot of sotware is legally sold 100% in English... Probably is a French-only law

Regards!!

The French are very protective of their language. They've got several laws like this - one states that you can only have a certain percentage of English-language songs played on any radio station in one hour.

They keep the identity of the language intact, but it's hardly changed in 400 years.

Whereas reading Shakespeare is virtually impossible without a old/new English dictionary, reading Moliere in the original 17th century French is easy. Even for my schoolboy French . . .

We would love to do a French version, but we need volunteers to do the French translation of both software and manual. If you think you can help, and have a very thorough knowledge of military technical terms, then please contact Wags.

Under current French law, we can not publish Black Shark in France unless it is in the French language.

Jim

False Jim !!

you dont need to scare french simers ;)

Many simulator were release with a small guide 20 pages (for installation and basic) like Lock on , Allied Forces, Flaming cliff .......

You had this team !!!!

But ........

In any case checksix translation team ll translate the manual for french community after the release if needed

Bye

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow...that manual is going to be a BEAST!

What will the DCS manual cover, specifically? I can see the Black Shark side of the manual but what kind of stuff will be covered in the combat simulator side in those 100 pages?

I belive it will be around 500-600 pages.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

maybe if we forego the pretty pictures?

I belive it will be around 500-600 pages.

that sounds like a beast of a manual if CAT is correct. To think that I felt the manual for Falcon 4 was a large one!:huh: I suppose there will be a graduation ceremony to go along with the degree one gets upon completion?:D

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

IO am sure some of us will skip the intro, and the load screen sections. That suld be 20 pages we don't have to read. And the cocpit pages on the gauges and thins like that. just head to the start up and weapons pages. probly be cutting out half the manual. :book: till you get some where and wish you knwe how to call your wingman or base.:doh:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

IO am sure some of us will skip the intro, and the load screen sections. That suld be 20 pages we don't have to read. And the cocpit pages on the gauges and thins like that. just head to the start up and weapons pages. probly be cutting out half the manual. :book: till you get some where and wish you knwe how to call your wingman or base.:doh:

The learning curve on Black Shark will be extraordinarily steep.

If at the first attempt you can make it far enough to wish you'd read the manual, you'll be doing better than I did . . . .

Jim

I'am not French, I come from Belgium It does only France that speaks French and there is certainly average circumvents by editing BS in french via another Country (Quebec, Belgium, Switzerland....) :P;)

Ps: My English is very Bad, and I am member of C6 :D

:)

(Translation via Babelfish)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

History of the Black Shark 1, 2

Le sort du Requin Noir: 1, 2, 3.

I was kind of joking. I had to read the F4 book sevral times befor I got most of it down. :book::joystick:

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Update - 23 Feb 08

23 February 2008

Time for a quick update:

Good news folks, we got a new build this past week. Items of interest included in this build:

- Conversion to DX9 is now complete and full shadows and Z-fighting issues have been fixed.

- Created new producer's note (Basic Flight) and will be posted when team has time to add to main DCS site.

- We are now running the front end and the simulation separately rather than sharing RAM. This will help the efficiency of the engine.

- Multiplayer is a big focus now regarding implementing functionality and testing.

- More than 100 new tweaks and fixes to the Mission Editor. While this is ongoing, mission/campaign creation is in full swing.

- Continued improvements to ground units to include reworked auto-cannons, artillery area bombardment definition to also include calculations for ricochets and armor penetration, and new units have more detailed armor values according to shape.

- SA-10C and SA-15 have more realistic engagement sectors.

- Aircraft AI has had improvements to target prioritization.

- Wingman AI has had many improvements regards to flight lead orders.

- FM tweaks and system improvements to the Ka-50.

- Inertial Navigation Unit now implemented with either fly-over or Shkval lock methods. In the ME, you can set fixed INU update points.

- Fixes to the trigger system.

On another topic, since my last update, I've had several kind-hearted French speaking souls volunteer to help out with the DCS:BS French manual. So, we now hope to provide such a manual.

Thanks,

Matt

23 February 2008

Time for a quick update:

- Created new producer's note (Basic Flight) and will be posted when team has time to add to main DCS site.

Thanks,

Matt

All great news but my Fav ^ Now just have to wait till it is posted :cry:

Thanks Wags! Great news! But I'm kind of sad in a way because it seems that I'll be setting aside some of my favorite sims so I can immerse myself in the Black Shark world. :( But hey! That's life! :D

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

Hi Wags

Thx for the update.

I have a little question that I hope you'll be allowed to answer :

- Conversion to DX9 is now complete and full shadows and Z-fighting issues have been fixed.

That's cool. :) Are the shadows anti-aliased with DX9 ? That could be such an improvment for eye candy ;)

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png