P-40F Preview With Mudspike

Nice review Chuck. Looking forward to the release. Thanks Pman.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Nice review... Good read, nice job. Looking forward to autumn.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Thanks, looking forward. :-)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's good to see that all the lessons learned in the Hawk will make the release of the P-40F much smoother.

Making sure the module is feature complete is definitely the right thing to do, and developers should never be afraid to fly in the face of the impatience of this forum.

Great work VEAO, I look forward to getting my hands on this lovely looking module!

Tha's a long wait....

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Tha's a long wait....

For the reasons stated in the review... Did you not see the witch hunt following the issues with the Hawk? All that's happened is that VEAO have done exactly what the forum demanded. You can have it quick, or you can have it right, you can't ever have both.

The lesson ALL developers will learn is NEVER rush a release. If you're not happy with that, then keep hold of your cash until any module you want to get hold of reaches full release.

You'll not get it any sooner by complaining. Just accept it, you have no say and no choice.

That does look a lot more interesting than I originally was thinking. I do hope I get to fly it but I hope Chris and team that you understand I would like to fly the finished flyable Hawk first before allowing for another purchase. Hoping the team settles and grows with experience so we can see more products!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

That does look a lot more interesting than I originally was thinking.

Indeed, I'm not really interested in this aircraft, but what I just read sounds really appealing. I especially like the depth of the ASM with all the hydraulics, fluids and temperature simulation. :thumbup:

Maybe I'll give it a try eventually. I'll see.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

As I said some time back when I saw the P-40 at Duxford in the spring people won't be dissapointed. It's good to see that VEAO are getting some recognition for good quality skilled work. With a VR headset on this module looked stunning. I'm sure there will be comments about how long it has taken but that's life. If it takes another six months to get it finished to the standards they set themselves that's how long it takes. Really looking forward to this.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

From all planes I do enjoy most the WW2 era (kind of IL2 old boy)... So I am really expecting this P40 to came up (and the others for the same age)... and hopefully this will be free of bugs and full of how-to-code wisdom :).

Just want to add here that even I love DCS and flying in general so much, I found myself playing/flying in Arma3 in the last half an year. In this moment I really want to return to DCS... but I am kind of bored of key reconfiguration so many time - alpha, beta , delta, gama ... :)... also the community is small and already splitted by the servers versions.

C'mon ED, c'mon 3rdparty.... dont't loose the momentum you gained with this fabulous new engine !!!! ... and you VEAO especially... you were first here, still have a lot to catch up ;)

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Yep, after a hands on session at Flying Legends last Saturday, I'm very happy with the progress on the P-40F. Compared to what we had in the first internal tests, this is pure awesomeness.

And I'm glad that people recognize the work that has gone into the ASM stuff, as you won't "see" much of it, but it is the key to very, very, very realistic behaviour and performance of the aircraft!

For example the Huey still does not model effects of exhaust gas temperature, which allows for continues operation beyond any safety limits, whereas in real life, this would quickly damage the engine. Don't get me wrong, I love the Huey and force myself to watch the EGT especially on startup, but it is lacking, compared to the detailed hydraulic and other ASM modeling VEAO does in the P-40F as well as the Hawk.

So a lot of hard yet very important work has been done in the background, that will give us a very realistic system modeling, which is actually what DCS is all about. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Looks really great, guys. I can respect the desire to "get it right" and that is the reputation DCS has come to enjoy, despite any timeline criticisms. Thank you for all of the hard work behind the scenes and as one of the pre-orders, I am very excited to try it out.

Also, great work, Chuck. Was a good read and very informative.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Yup / great read / looking forward to the challenge for sure

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

but it is lacking, compared to the detailed hydraulic and other ASM modeling VEAO does in the P-40F as well as the Hawk.
LOL, Huey (and the rest Belsimtek toys) is simply incomparable to HAWK in its current state - not in favor of the latter, of course.
Edited by Scorzy