New 3D model C-17 Globemaster III by precise3dmodeling.com

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

real pics, this is no 3d

The reason it looks so real is the lighting. Shadows, reflections and highlights of this quality are not possible yet in real time. So it's definately not a representation of "in game" quality and can in that respect be a little misleading.

Still, say in 5 to 10 years we will be there. :)

• Like 1

The reason it looks so real is the lighting. Shadows, reflections and highlights of this quality are not possible yet in real time. So it's definately not a representation of "in game" quality and can in that respect be a little misleading.

Still, say in 5 to 10 years we will be there. :)

The technology is here and now :), maybe the lighting\shadows maynot be so precise\sharp, but the overall look is VERY attainable with todays tech, i know about this ;).

Anyways, i mainly wanted to comment on how great it looks :).

For DCS: A-10C Warthog, we'll be instead be using a highly detailed KC-135.

Now that is cool too :) And I guess it is the better choice, being the primary in-theater tactical tanker of the USAF and also used by Turkey and France. Still the DC-10 holds a special place in my heart...

The technology is here and now :), maybe the lighting\shadows maynot be so precise\sharp, but the overall look is VERY attainable with todays tech, i know about this ;).

Anyways, i mainly wanted to comment on how great it looks :).

Oh you are right, it gets very close these days, I was coming from the fact that these renders use proper global illumination and this is still some time off in real time. Some of the subtleties in these shots can easily be faked (ambient occlusion specular maps, low res image based lighting and environment mapping go a long way in that respect) but it will always feel not _quite_ right.

• 2 weeks later...

holy smokes, they are some impressive models. Check out their gallery, the tanks look amazing. When oh when will games/sims look that good?:D:shocking:

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

New screens of flyable C-17A for FSX available now @ http://www.alphasim.co.uk/

!NOT RELATED TO -> precise3dmodeling.com

AlphaSim_C-17_Preview_10.jpg

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

C-17 interior WIP

96678369.jpg

34675742.jpg

95526824.jpg

• Like 3

Не критикуй! Если можешь, сделай лучше! Главная ошибка любой программы в том, что она вообще была написана.

Благодарю за внимание. "pallmall" Valery

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3296_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

:surprise:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

@pallmall

Holy sh*t, now that what I call a master piece. Lets cross fingers that ED will buy this model for BS and Lock On.

rhino

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Home Premium 64bit, Intel Core i5-760 (2.8-3.33), GigaByte GA-P55-USB3, be quiet PurePower BQT L7 530W ATX23, CoolerMaster CM690II Adv, LG GH22LS, HD 500GB WD5001AALS, 6 GB Kingston 1333-999 Blu, Sapphire 1GB HD5850 Vapor-X OC, Scythe Yasya SCYS-1000, display LG E2350VR-SN 23"