CH Pro pedals - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #1
davidtsw

Default CH Pro pedals

I'm getting a proper HOTAS setup soon and thinking of adding rudder pedals to the list. I know you can always control the rudder by twisting the stick but that's not the same and must be uncomfortable. It seems like the CH Pros get decent reviews and Ch products in general are praised for their quality.

My only concern is how far apart the two pedals are. I would hate to keep sitting with my feet and legs almost together due to the pedals being too close to each other.

Could someone who has them measure the distance between the pedals and let me know? I'd appreciate it a lot!
davidtsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Upper is Saitek PRO Flight pedal (now sell under Logitech brand).

Off "entry-level" pedals (up to ~$200), CH is the most "bullet proof", their only real downside is to continue use the same electronics of 1999.

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 04-15-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
VZ_342

I have the CH Pro pedals, and while they are close they’re not especially difficult to use for a couple hours. I’ve learned to take my feet off the pedals during uneventful parts of a flight (which are more frequent than one might think).

I’m 6’ and a bit on the large size of clothing.

That being said, I have on a back burner in my mind a thought that it wouldn’t be too hard to fabricate side extensions for the pedals. A 2” wider “footprint” would be just wide enough to allow a rollerblade style support placed on the floor next to the main chassis.
VZ_342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
Bob_Bushman

I used these down a couple of years.

I found the trick to was to not actually put my whole foot on them but instead push on the lower heel section with the front of my foot.
I also put a piece of 2×4" across the floor in front of it as a heel rest.

And yes you can theoretically use twist on a stick.

But that's honestly a bit like saying you don't need a brake pedal in your car cause you could just use the parking brake.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:30 AM   #5
Svsmokey

I also use the heels-on-the-floor technique when flying say warbirds . Most jets , and to an even greater degree fly-by-wire jets , you can fly feet-on-the-floor , rarely using the rudder in-flight .
If you want to buy a set of rudder pedals that last forever , and don't want to spend 4-8 hundred dollars , i highly recommend CH .

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:48 AM   #6
AeriaGloria

I also recommend using an anti jitter script if you ever have issues down the line. You can play with the settings, and modify it to work on all axis. Unlike TARGET GUI you only have to run script once, unless I’m doing something wrong. https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comme...cts_with_this/

I have some medical issues that makes me really hard on things like this, certain muscle spasms, so I’m probably in the minority to have any jitter issues.
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:39 AM   #7
davidtsw

Thanks for your replies guys!

8 inches might be a bit too close to each other for me. I've done some primitive testing and it definitely wouldn't be comfortable after a while. Those Saitek/Logitech pedals on the other hand seem to be way better in this aspect.

Does anyone have any experience with them ? There are quite a few negative comments about these pedals so I don't know if it's a good idea.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:49 PM   #8
TomVR

alternative to the CH or new TM rudder pedals

https://www.amazon.ca/Pannow-Nutcrac...s%2C147&sr=8-5
TomVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:17 PM   #9
davidtsw

Haha yup, their CEOs must be women.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:36 PM   #10
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

TFRP designer probable look there.

The major problem with Logitech G Flight Simulator Rudder Pedals is their price ~$170,
he don't have nothing that justify cost ~40% more than CH or ~90% more than TFRP.

Unfortunately the next option is MFG Crosswind at ~$290.

I will not suggest VKB T-Rudder (~$220) because is a very peculiar model.

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 04-16-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote