Purchasing the Persian Gulf Map for MP, who's buying it?

F900EX

pre purchased the most relevant map in DCS, the most relevant area in the real world as far as current conflicts go...... it is probably the most relevant map to how most people fly DCS and against an enemy they would most like to fly against.

This is the area that puts DCS maps on the map.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it of course.

I believe its a must have.

Besides growing tired of eastern europe after 20 years LOL.... and lets face it Nevada is grate and all, but no real war scenarios work over there...

Edited by Baco

Got it of course.

I believe its a must have.

Besides growing tired of eastern europe after 20 years LOL.... and lets face it Nevada is grate and all, but no real war scenarios work over there...

And think I was the only one who thought this way. I'm proud to call you my brother! :beer:

As for Nevada, you have to practice there before you can deploy. Take it seriously. :megalol:

Bought it too! And some members of my team too. :)

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Yep, just got it and the hornet. Can’t wait. One month to go hopefully. Looking more forward for the Tomcat mind you but both will be outstanding. And with the payware ships coming up as well. It’s gonna be a helluva year for ED and DCS

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I just pre-purchased!! I've only flown online a handful of times, and it's been a few years since I have, but I'm very excited for this map.

I also want to add that, although I have flown online a few times, I have yet to find a squadron or wing that is realistic enough for me.

I was a member of a wing in "the other sim" (I foolishly went too long without flying, and didn't post a request for a Leave of Absence) where we did almost EVERYTHING as per USAF SOPs.

Briefing, comm checks, startup, taxi, departure, formations, ops checks, frequency changes, formation changes, AAR, FENCE checks, method of attack, brevity, rendezvous, coordination, recovery (we did overhead breaks, tactical recoveries, and a few more as the situation required), taxi back, shutdown, and debriefing were all as close to USAF SOP as possible. Just thinking about it gives me good feelings in certain parts...

To get in, after you're assigned an IP (Instructor pilot), you fly six IQT (Initial Qualification Training) flights, and must pass them to become an active member of the wing. Leeway was given if you made minor mistakes, were rusty, etc., but if you didn't make the cut, you could try again, but you'd be starting from scratch at IQT-1. The bar was certainly set high.

In DCS, I've seen nothing but Youtube videos of hodgepodge gaggles of mixed aircraft types going after who-knows-what target, in non-standard formation, broken brevity when brevity is used at all, etc., etc.

I've also experienced Hauptmann Dummkopf (I'm making up a name, for those that don't catch the sarcasm) come out in a Fw-190, while I'm in a Hawg, go screaming out across the airfield.... not down the runway, or even a taxiway, mind you... just over the surface of the ground, and take off with no radio communication, and several more crazed antics by those that just aren't as into realism in the virtual world as I am.

By all means, if anyone can point me to a wing or a squadron that is actually realistic, please do. And the more hardcore the realism, the better :devil:

Anyway, THAT is why I stick mainly to offline. I can be as realistic as I want to be, without having someone else out there potentially ruin it for me as has happened in previous online sessions.

Happy hunting!!

Edited by Jetguy06
Adding a few details, sentence structure, etc.

Chances of finding a suitable squadron/unit to fly with is slim if your just joining random open servers. They can attract the types of player your talking about because of the easier access.

Most "professional" units will have a recruitment policy and passworded servers.

Your better bet is to find a group that fly your preferred platform and find a way to contact them regarding recruitment.

Browse this thread for ideas

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34062

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also want to add that, although I have flown online a few times, I have yet to find a squadron or wing that is realistic enough for me.

I was a member of a wing in "the other sim" (I foolishly went too long without flying, and didn't post a request for a Leave of Absence) where we did almost EVERYTHING as per USAF SOPs.

Briefing, comm checks, startup, taxi, departure, formations, ops checks, frequency changes, formation changes, AAR, FENCE checks, method of attack, brevity, rendezvous, coordination, recovery (we did overhead breaks, tactical recoveries, and a few more as the situation required), taxi back, shutdown, and debriefing were all as close to USAF SOP as possible. Just thinking about it gives me good feelings in certain parts...

To get in, after you're assigned an IP (Instructor pilot), you fly six IQT (Initial Qualification Training) flights, and must pass them to become an active member of the wing. Leeway was given if you made minor mistakes, were rusty, etc., but if you didn't make the cut, you could try again, but you'd be starting from scratch at IQT-1. The bar was certainly set high.

1st VFW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

By all means, if anyone can point me to a wing or a squadron that is actually realistic, please do. And the more hardcore the realism, the better :devil:

Anyway, THAT is why I stick mainly to offline. I can be as realistic as I want to be, without having someone else out there potentially ruin it for me as has happened in previous online sessions.

Happy hunting!!

www.476vfightergroup.com

-

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Chances of finding a suitable squadron/unit to fly with is slim if your just joining random open servers. They can attract the types of player your talking about because of the easier access.

Most "professional" units will have a recruitment policy and passworded servers.

Your better bet is to find a group that fly your preferred platform and find a way to contact them regarding recruitment.

Browse this thread for ideas

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34062

At the time, I wasn't looking for a squadron or wing, but was hoping for a more realistic experience than I had. When I began looking for a wing, I mostly stuck to Google and Youtube.

Ordered this map + F-18C today... I’m patient - release when ready!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

That was the one. I miss flying with those guys.

We're converting over to DCS fully when the F18 is released. We'll be the VFMA 115 Silver Eagles. I remember you flying with us. Submit an application, see what happens. You already know how realistically we fly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

We're converting over to DCS fully when the F18 is released. We'll be the VFMA 115 Silver Eagles. I remember you flying with us. Submit an application, see what happens. You already know how realistically we fly.
You're those guys flying BMS with Demo as your C/O? Well, yeah - there is no other virtual squadron taking "flying" more seriously. Best regards guys from VFA-313 (old 13WELT). We've already converted fully to DCS and right now we're flying F-5E to get used to the sim. Good to know we will meet online again. I hope we'll get something as well prepared as Falcon-Online campaigns. See You up there "Silver Eagles". :thumbup:

You're those guys flying BMS with Demo as your C/O? Well, yeah - there is no other virtual squadron taking "flying" more seriously. Best regards guys from VFA-313 (old 13WELT). We've already converted fully to DCS and right now we're flying F-5E to get used to the sim. Good to know we will meet online again. I hope we'll get something as well prepared as Falcon-Online campaigns. See You up there "Silver Eagles". :thumbup:

Yep, that's us! Hope to see you up there as well. Maybe get some good DACT sorties flown together. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Your numbers don't invalidate the statement that MP numbers are much smaller than SP numbers. I've also seen ED saying this (not sure if its 5%), but can't remember which threads.

Either way, looking at the multiplayer server browser's player and server counts will show you that there are nowhere near enough MP players to provide ED with enough money or incentive to spend the effort making DCS, which leads me to believe that there must be a pretty large SP userbase out there that provides the means.

Pre-purchased this new map already, can't wait to fly around here, especially the Harrier, and with the apparent improvements to night flying.

I was interested to see the comments about numbers of players earlier in the thread since it is something I have wondered about. The number of people on MP servers is so tiny compared with the number of sales that must be needed to fund the development of a sim like this, plus all the 3rd party developers, especially when the core d/l is free. I have no idea about the 5% figure, but it is interesting to note that the total number of registered users on this forum is 67,445 according to the stats at the bottom of the front page. That must be more like the kind of number you need to make it financially viable.

Anyway, it's May now so hopefully not much longer to wait :-)

I think guys that u doing the wrong question..it doesnt matter how many will buy the map but how many people will host the map online.

It will be great to see many servers of Persian Gulf.

p.s. Damn i miss Open Conflict server.

Bought it as well, I was just summing the amount of all modules purchased during the years and I've spent 300 USD already....

I think this game has became reeally expensisve expecially with the hornet price :D

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Bought it as well, I was just summing the amount of all modules purchased during the years and I've spent 300 USD already....

I think this game has became reeally expensisve expecially with the hornet price :D

You have to look at the amount of joy or playtime you will get out of each module. "Expensive" is subjective. What, I believe, we can all agree on is if you buy any module and utilize it enough it becomes very "cheap" in regards to the cost per hour of enjoyment.

For instance I have flown the A-10C enough that it "cost" roughly $0.007 per hour of flight. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT